Songs That Just Fit Your Characters So Well

So, I was listening to music and got this idea. Music helps me understand some of my characters on a totally different level. And sometimes I manage to find THAT song— the one that perfectly describes a character, their feelings, and/or things they’ve gone/are going through.

THE song right now is Help Me Remember by Rascal Flatts. It just fits the situation of my minor characters, Tobias and Lucienne Rainier, from the Beware Of Dog series.
They were married once and have three surviving children. They loved each other. There can never be a question about that. But, after their youngest daughter was killed in a tragic accident, their family fell apart. They both felt like failures as parents because their eldest daughter left home at 18, their oldest son deals with severe depression and anger issues, and their youngest son also struggles with severe depression, as well as all of the kids (and them too) struggling with low senses of self-worth and intense guilt.
Tobias and Lucienne ultimately divorced after their surviving youngest left the nest. The pain and guilt grew to be too much and their relationship fell apart. They both wish so much that things could have been different and that they could have stayed a happy couple.

1 Like

Here’s songs that I think fit my characters:

Nathair: [name_m]Champion[/name_m] by Neoni
[name_u]October[/name_u]: [name_m]Notorious[/name_m] by Neoni
[name_u]Red[/name_u]: Game of Survival by [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f] or Fallout by Neoni
[name_m]Arik[/name_m]: Freak Show by [name_m]Jake[/name_m] [name_m]Daniels[/name_m] & [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]: House of Pain by Once Monsters
[name_f]Selkie[/name_f]: [name_f]My[/name_f] Mother Told Me by The Wellermen
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]: Hologram by [name_u]Poe[/name_u]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]: Secrets And Lies by [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f]: [name_u]Storm[/name_u] by [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhona[/name_f]: [name_f]Live[/name_f] Like Legends by [name_f]Ruelle[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_u]Hunter[/name_u] [name_u]Nyx[/name_u]: I Refuse by Simple Plan.

Because [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] is a Vampire in a kingdom that hates magic. And he does very much refuse to apologize for who he is.

The songs that match my two main characters story are “Enchanted” by [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m], which represents the start of their relationship and how intensely they loved one another. “Snow On The Beach”, also by [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] for their changed dynamic and eventual split when one of the characters has to run away from home and the two realize that there’s no way they can make a cross country relationship work.

(I’m still working out names for both of them so that’s why I didn’t include them lol)

1 Like

Ooh, I love this! All I have for now is Cirra with You’re On Your Own, Kid by [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m], but I’ll check back later!

1 Like

[name_f]Callalily[/name_f] “Lily” [name_m]Grant[/name_m]: I’m On [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Way[/name_m] from [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] as the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] and the Pauper.

The relationship of [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]: Two Voices, One Song from [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] and The [name_u]Diamond[/name_u] [name_m]Castle[/name_m]. Honestly, [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are more than friends. But this song basically perfectly describes their attitude towards each other. The only thing it’s missing is that [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is extremely protective of [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and would rather die than see her be hurt.

[name_f]Concettina[/name_f] [name_m]Fowler[/name_m]: This Is Me from The [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] Diaries.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Perry[/name_u]: This Is Me from The [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] Diaries. This song fits both her and [name_f]Concettina[/name_f] so well.

The relationship of [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_m]Conall[/name_m] and [name_m]Thayne[/name_m] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]: Skin And Bones by [name_f]Beth[/name_f] [name_m]Crowley[/name_m]. The song would be from Athena’s point of view. [name_m]Thayne[/name_m] stood by her side through anything that came their way. [name_m]Even[/name_m] when [name_f]Athena[/name_f] was headed down a bad path due to her bitterness towards her former boyfriend (Caspian Lysander) who betrayed her, he never gave up on her, never saw her as evil. While she was wrapped up in her anger (and she does have the right to be angry at [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]), she was unable to fully realize that [name_m]Thayne[/name_m] loved her or that she loved him. However, she does finally realize. The two of them get married and end up with a beautiful daughter named Maria-Rose.

The relationship of AJ and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] [name_m]Lansing[/name_m] (and just AJ in general): Meet Me At [name_u]Midnight[/name_u] by [name_f]Beth[/name_f] [name_m]Crowley[/name_m]. AJ is a super lifelike magical robot, basically a person with special abilities. Though, for most of his life, he’s been programmed to have no feelings and just basically be a weapon of mass destruction. After a repair goes wrong, AJ gains a personality. He’s more than a robot. He is a person and an extremely caring one at that. He begins trying to make amends for any harm he did in the past. [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] distrusts technology. (And who can blame her? She lost nearly everything, including an arm, when her old home was attacked by an enemy with extremely advanced technology,) She dislikes AJ because he reminds her of one of the worst moments in her life and he was made to harm the new family she’s found. But, as AJ’s newfound personality shines brighter and brighter, [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] finds herself… dare she say it, falling in love with him. AJ enjoys having a life and a personality and also starts falling in love with [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]. But there’s always the fears that this might be temporary and that [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] may never love him (he’s smart, but not a mind reader) because he isn’t completely normal. No matter what, though, AJ would rather die than go back to being a monster. And he wants to fight for his new friends, to keep them safe.

So sorry for the rambling there, it was harder than I expected to explain Reprogrammed quickly (and there’s a lot more). I hope I at least made some sense.:slightly_smiling_face:

I have a whole playlist just dedicated to Neoni songs at this point… there’s only like two I don’t know off by heart yet. Whether any of them are perfect fits for characters is a different question, though I kind of like Wasteland for one of them. It’s mostly relevant.

1 Like

[name_f]Camellia[/name_f] [name_f]Epperly[/name_f]: If Only from Disney’s Descendants.

[name_f]Dëborake[/name_f] [name_m]Slade[/name_m]: No Good Deed from Wicked

Yes, four of the thirty-two people (two are about relationships) included on this list have the same name. No, I don’t particularly care about my lack of creativity in that department. Also… no prizes for guessing who came at number one on my Spotify Wrapped. Two of the songs on here were in my top five, and if you could pick those two out I’d be impressed. As for artists, it’s only 1, 2 and 4 on this list, and the latter two are more subtle than number 1.

The 'Magic Library'

[name_u]Ashton[/name_u] ‘Ash’ Alitt: [name_u]Fire[/name_u] (The Score)
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]: Ariel’s Villain Song – Part of your World (Lydia The Bard)
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] ‘Cas’ [name_f]Morven[/name_f]: Wasteland (Neoni)
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] ‘Romy’ [name_f]Morven[/name_f]: Underground (Neoni)

Darkling

[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] ‘Alec’ [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]: Burning House (Nico Collins)
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_f]Merel[/name_f]: Assassin (Au/Ra)
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u]: Only Us (Miracle Of Sound) (the other singer would be Kieran)
[name_m]Alec[/name_m] and [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]: On Accident (Nico Collins)

The [name_m]Graves[/name_m] Twins

[name_m]Aleksandr[/name_m] ‘Alex’ [name_u]Devin[/name_u]: [name_u]Miracle[/name_u] (The Score)
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] Paxton-Graves: Deep Water (Neoni)
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] Paxton-Graves: Funeral (Neoni)

A Lion's [name_f]Heart[/name_f]

[name_f]Gisella[/name_f] [name_u]Fiore[/name_u]: [name_u]Viper[/name_u] (Derivakat)
[name_m]Elio[/name_m] Mancini: Fireborn (Derivakat)
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] Rosdahl: Borderline (Nico Collins)

Nota Mortis

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Averell[/name_u]: Never [name_m]Say[/name_m] Die (Neoni)
[name_u]Emery[/name_u] [name_m]Darrow[/name_m]: On and On (The Score)

The [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Cross[/name_u] Mysteries

[name_u]Casey[/name_u]: Sanctuary (Neoni)
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Cross[/name_u]: Smile (Derivakat)
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] Meadowes: Enemies (The Score)

Broken Bones and Whispered Songs

[name_u]Sorrel[/name_u] Auclair: Doomsday (Neoni)
[name_u]Marin[/name_u] ‘Wren’ Delacroix: Bury Me Alive (Neoni)
[name_u]Adair[/name_u] [name_u]Lowry[/name_u]: Fangs (Neoni)

'Shadows'

[name_m]Soren[/name_m] Callow: Horror Movies (Neoni)
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m] ‘Cas’ [name_m]Duncan[/name_m]: Monster (Imagine Dragons)

(I [name_m]Can[/name_m] Still See It/What Lurks In The Dark)

The Devil Speaks [name_u]True[/name_u]

[name_m]Casimir[/name_m] ‘Cas’ [name_u]Merrill[/name_u]: Demons (Neoni)
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] Helseth: Nerve (Neoni)

[name_u]Dark[/name_u] Miracles

Søren Ardell-Engelbrecht: Never Going Back (The Score)
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]: [name_u]Legend[/name_u] (The Score)

The Dancers' Dozen

[name_u]Rue[/name_u] Arison: Nightmare (Derivakat)
[name_u]Loren[/name_u] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]: Stronger (The Score)
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] ‘Alec’ [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]: rapunzel (emlyn)
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] ‘Cora’ [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]: Headcase (Derivakat)
Samuel/Valerie [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]: Graveyard (Halsey)
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]: Tool (Derivakat)

1 Like

@NephraLimu It’s alright that you have two or more characters with the same name🙂. I have several of those myself, including four named [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. Also, I also listen to [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] The Bard🙂. She’s awesome.

1 Like

[name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] [name_m]Evron[/name_m]: This Is The Thanks I Get from Disney’s Wish. This is the best song I’ve found for him. The vibe it gives off is just so perfect. It’s no problem that it (for the most part) doesn’t really sound that threatening. It’s still the song of a power-hungry king who doesn’t want to loose the authority he has. And the “there’s a traitor in our midst” part… in [name_m]King[/name_m] Ruben’s book, that “traitor” is definitely [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Tomer[/name_m], who [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] would love to see destroyed.

And, on that topic, I just listened to This Wish (also from Wish) for the first time and it fits [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Tomer[/name_m] really well. Because he knows who [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] really is and wants to stop him from hurting the people of Ethurith (and the world), but he’s alone in that fight. Yet, he knows he has to do something.

Still on songs from Wish and on the same series, At All Costs fits several different situations in that series. It fits [name_u]Irie[/name_u] [name_m]Evron[/name_m], [name_f]Gesina[/name_f] [name_m]Evron[/name_m], and [name_m]Anders[/name_m] [name_m]Evron[/name_m] and their sibling bond (they are very close). It fits [name_f]Tanitha[/name_f], the creature assigned to guard them, and how she finds she feels about the siblings (the feeling is mutual). And, possibly the saddest of all, it fits when the siblings first meet their father, [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] [name_m]Evron[/name_m]. He acts all like he cares about them so much and they, especially [name_u]Irie[/name_u], believe they’ve found the family they’ve always wanted. The siblings, especially [name_u]Irie[/name_u], are very loyal to him. And he really is just annoyed because they might get in his way.

[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] (The Adventures Of [name_f]Delyth[/name_f] Elixyvett): Anastasia’s Villain Song by [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] The [name_m]Bard[/name_m].
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m] lost his father (home), thinks he lost his best friend and crush (love), and loses his mother (family) to the enemy. The day his father was killed, home stopped being home. When [name_f]Delyth[/name_f] (his best friend/crush) disappeared, he lost the girl he loved. When his mother died, he was all alone with no family. The anger that has been brewing inside of him breaks through and he goes on a rampage of vengeance (Let this be a sign; [name_u]Justice[/name_u] will be mine; I’ll have vengeance for my past; And bring me home at last). This is essentially his attitude.

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_m]Conall[/name_m] (The Assassin Heir): Cinderella’s Villain Song by [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] The [name_m]Bard[/name_m].
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] was betrayed by her boyfriend, [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], who told her she was the woman he’d marry. He then turned around and married another woman, then banished [name_f]Athena[/name_f] (who was pregnant with his child) from the kingdom. Rightfully so, [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is bitter about this. She vows to get her revenge someday. This is essentially her attitude.

[name_u]Lindsy[/name_u] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] (The [name_m]Notorious[/name_m] Squirrel Chasers): Who Is She from Netflix’s Centaurworld.

[name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] [name_m]Derry[/name_m] (The Tiniest Dragon): Fragile Things Reprise from Netflix’s Centaurworld.
I can completely imagine the lyrics of this being [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] trying to comfort [name_f]Zuleika[/name_f] at some point. [name_f]Zuleika[/name_f] basically saved his life by letting him travel with her and [name_u]Ozzy[/name_u] (Even an orphaned baby (boy); [name_m]Can[/name_m] find a new herd of (his) own). All of the main characters in TTD share one major thing in common, especially [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] and [name_f]Zuleika[/name_f] (but [name_u]Ozzy[/name_u] and [name_m]Odin[/name_m] too). They are all lost orphans who have each lived through some awful experiences. They all understand each other.

(TTD is basically about chosen family. The main characters are not related, but they chose to be like a family.)

1 Like

[name_m]Colvin[/name_m] [name_m]Nedrick[/name_m]: Run Away by ElectroKaplosion, Feat. [name_f]Feather[/name_f] (this can be found on YouTube).
[name_m]Colvin[/name_m] had extremely high expectations put on him by his father. Expectations that he could never live up to. After failing an important exam at school and facing his father’s disappointment yet again (There’s no point to get up; When you’ve fallen this far), [name_m]Colvin[/name_m] decides to run away.

[name_m]Chalmer[/name_m] [name_m]Burnett[/name_m]: Run Away by ElectroKaplosion, Feat. [name_f]Feather[/name_f] (this can be found on YouTube).
[name_m]Chalmer[/name_m], who often goes by Chippy, was the youngest prince in a long line of royalty. He never felt important and his older siblings could be mean sometimes. One day, when he’s at an extremely weak point, his nanny (who’s a villain) convinces him to leave (If you feel regret; [name_f]Remember[/name_f] even loyalty can die). And so, he runs away.

[name_f]Dëborake[/name_f] [name_m]Slade[/name_m]: Alone - A Dungeons And Dragons Inspired Original Song by Cami-Cat (this can be found on YouTube).
[name_f]Dëborake[/name_f] is cursed to be frozen (literally, she is trapped in an alternate dimension, basically in her own mind) in time, kept away from her husband and children forever. She missed raising her children. She missed everything. By the time she is at least semi-free, her family is long deceased. That feeling, of being isolated for so long, only to return to your loved ones when it’s too late, plays a major part in her character and is perfectly captured in this song.

Both [name_f]Maretha[/name_f] and [name_u]Chardin[/name_u]: Next Stop Anywhere from Tangled The Series.
I grouped these two together because they end up a couple and I can so imagine them singing this. They’re both adventurous Pegasi who want so much more than what others think they should have.
[name_f]Maretha[/name_f] wants to be herself, a clever and unapologetically tomboyish traveller, but her mother wants her to behave like the perfect lady. She is left out of a lot of things because others tell her “mares don’t do that”. Part of the reason she falls in love with [name_u]Chardin[/name_u] is because she can be herself around him and he loves who she is.
[name_u]Chardin[/name_u] has lived a life of rejection. His father despises him (and left him to be raised by a close friend) and his impulsive nature leads to him often being a laughingstock in the eyes of others. [name_f]Maretha[/name_f] sees potential in him where everybody else saw a dumb, reckless stallion. And he has undying respect (though his manners aren’t the best) for her.
The two wind up traveling the world, which is a dream they both share.

1 Like
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]: [name_u]Brave[/name_u] by [name_f]Sara[/name_f] Bareilles

“Innocence,
Your history of silence
Won’t do you any good
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don’t you tell them the truth?!”

That verse is extremely fitting.

[name_f]Nanine[/name_f]: Fight Song by [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] Platten

She’s been through so much, but she always has been and always will by a fighter.

[name_m]Gordon[/name_m] [name_m]Haynes[/name_m] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Haynes[/name_m]: Because Of You by [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] Clarkson

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] was the younger of two brothers. His older brother [name_u]Miles[/name_u] was always the best and the strongest. He himself struggled with debilitating conditions his whole life and watch dream after dream die. The mother of these two brothers, [name_f]Janet[/name_f], was strict and expected so much of her boys. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] had trouble living up to her expectations and promised to never be like her. He grew up, got married, and started a hot dog stand (his dream). He soon became the father of a boy who he and his wife named [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]. For a short time, life was great. But Samuel’s condition was worsening and it became painful for him to do several things, including run the hot dog stand. He became bitter watching another dream die and started trying to live life through his son. His idea was that [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] would be everything he never was. [name_u]Perfect[/name_u].
For most of Gordon’s life, he’s dealt with his father’s high expectations and tried so hard to be perfect. But no one is perfect. He excelled in school and graduated early, but failed to get a college scholarship. After graduation, his father enlisted him to run the hotdog stand. The terms were that, as long as [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] runs the hotdog stand, he gets to stay living with his parents and he gets an amount of the pay. Gordon’s sole goal is to get enough money to pay for college. His father views him as a failure and constantly tells him how he shouldn’t still be living at home (Gordon is a 19 year old, everyone, and he’s doing the best he can). He becomes a workaholic and has severe stress issues. He also has no time to have a life of his own.
Basically, a mother’s actions affected her son so greatly that the son went on to treat his own son the same way, without even realizing it.

[name_m]Chuck[/name_m] [name_m]Briggham[/name_m]: [name_f]Every[/name_f] Mile Mattered by [name_u]Nichole[/name_u] Nordeman

[name_m]Chuck[/name_m] has spent several years walking and hitchhiking around two countries. He’s been a lot of places and is too ashamed to go home. He had an awful fight with his girlfriend, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], and just ran away from it all. Worse, his parents died when he was a kitten (Beware Of Dog universe) and he doesn’t really have any family. There’s a lot he regrets, but this song fits him so well because he tries to tell himself that this is all part of a bigger plan and that things will eventually be okay. This is especially fitting for that moment when he decides that the past may be gone, but he can still go home. And he does. And [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] welcomes him with open arms, so relieved to find out he’s okay.

[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] and [name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]: Enchanted by [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]

Basically how [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] feels towards [name_u]Rose[/name_u] and vice versa. They attended the same high school and he always had a crush on her, but she was already in a relationship (plus he’s just naturally a bit shy).
Fast forward over twenty years, they meet again and this time the crush is mutual. But, for several reasons, they’re both worried about the relationship working out.
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] is the first person [name_u]Rose[/name_u] has attempted to be in a relationship, considering that her previous partner died in a car crash. She is reluctant to get into a new relationship, even after all this time.
And Montgomery… has a lot on his hands (we won’t get into that here) and is torn between the life he’s forced to live and the life he wants to live.
Both of them are also just very concerned about the other not reciprocating their feelings.

[name_u]Lindsy[/name_u] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] about [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Denver[/name_u]: I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In by [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]

[name_u]Lindsy[/name_u] never really felt loved or appreciated. So, as some people lacking in love do, she jumped at the first person to show interest in her. That person was [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_u]Denver[/name_u], who has a record of cheating already when he met [name_u]Lindsy[/name_u]. Not only that, but he made her feel worse than she previously did. She already felt imperfect and unlovable, and he took those feelings and amplified them. Eventually, he left her for a new girl, who he’s bound to tire of eventually too.

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] Malarrea [name_m]Sophron[/name_m]: [name_f]My[/name_f] Once Upon A Time from Disney's Descendants 3

"Once upon a time
She fought a dragon (aka psychopath prince/evil moth lady)
Once upon a time
That beast was me (she was an awful spoiled brat)
Once upon a misspent youth
She faced herself, she spok the truth (came to the realization that she had been a terrible human being)

Then you have…

"Life is not a story book
But life unfolds in chapters
Turn the page and start to make amends (apologize to those she hurt and show them she really is sorry)
There’s no prewritten guarantee of happy ever after
Step into your greatness before your story ends
So when your story ends, they’ll say

Once upon a time
A girl flew higher
Once upon a time
She made things right
Once upon a tie that binds
She changed her heart to change their minds"

I don’t really know what else to say here. This just embodies her character growth throughout the books she’s present in.

[name_m]Bertram[/name_m] [name_m]Rainier[/name_m]: Trying [name_f]My[/name_f] Best by [name_m]Anson[/name_m] Seabra

[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]: Trying [name_f]My[/name_f] Best by [name_m]Anson[/name_m] Seabra

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_u]Layne[/name_u]: Trying [name_f]My[/name_f] Best by [name_m]Anson[/name_m] Seabra

The Entire [name_m]Rainier[/name_m] Family about [name_f]Babby[/name_f] [name_m]Rainier[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] Missing You by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Heesters

[name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] about [name_m]Jones[/name_m] [name_m]Freeman[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] Missing You by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Heesters

[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Hubbard[/name_m] about her mother, [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_m]Hubbard[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] Missing You by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Heesters

[name_f]Janet[/name_f] [name_m]Haynes[/name_m] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Haynes[/name_m] about [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]Haynes[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] Missing You by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Heesters

[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] about [name_u]Tora[/name_u] And [name_m]Dalson[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] Missing You by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Heesters

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_m]Bartalan[/name_m] about Her [name_m]Guardian[/name_m], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] Missing You by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] Heesters

[name_m]Jacolbi[/name_m]: House Of Glass by 4everfreebrony (this can by found on YouTube)

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_m]Wood[/name_m]: House Of Glass by 4everfreebrony (this can by found on YouTube)

[name_f]Goldi[/name_f] Lox: House Of Glass by 4everfreebrony (this can by found on YouTube)

[name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]: House Of Glass by 4everfreebrony (this can by found on YouTube)

[name_m]Jacolbi[/name_m]: Second Chances by 4everfreebrony (this can by found on YouTube)

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]: Second Chances by 4everfreebrony (this can by found on YouTube)

The BARK Sisters: Space Between from Disney's Descendants 2

In Beware Of Dog 3, the BARK sisters (Beatrice, Arabella, Rebecca, and Kimberly Jordan), who have been a quartet all their lives, go their own separate ways.
It starts, very fittingly, with Beatrice, the quietest sister, who has found a calling as a stunt pilot and met Cali Wilde (her instructor and future partner). For years, Beatrice has wanted more than to the life set for her since birth. She just has trouble voicing this.
Arabella, the jokester of the sisters, has also been feeling this, but not as much because it never actually dawned on her that she could have a career as a comedian.
Rebecca, the oldest sister (the other three are triplets) and the leader, is afraid of what this means. After all, the girls have been together for a very long time. They have always been BARK. But, she respects that her sisters are free to live their own lives and tells them that it’s okay.
Kimberly has the hardest time with this whole thing. She has no desire to be anything more than what she is and doesn’t want things to change. She quite literally has no idea who she is without her sisters (which is why she gets to be the focus of another book, The Adventurous Kimberly Jordan).
Somehow, this song manages to perfectly capture that moment when the decision is made and the sisters go on their separate paths.

Alessandro Giovanni about Tora And Dalson Smith: Stay by 4everfreebrony (this can be found on YouTube)

Alessandro had a very troubled childhood. His parents were unfit to care for him and left him at a fire department. From then, he was passed from foster home to foster home until he eventually aged out of the system. He was by no means prepared to live on his own and, as an added barrier, struggled with multiple mental health problems (which had been being treated, but he was all of a sudden supposed to be able to afford treatment on his own). He had a very hard time finding a job or a place to live.
When he was at his lowest, Tora and Dalson Smith, a young married couple of community musicians, found him. They took him in and gave him the help and stability he had never had. And he thought of them as his family (not parents, as they were too young to be his parents). When they had a child, a son they named Montgomery, Alessandro was made the child’s godfather. Life was perfect at last. Alessandro began training to be an electrician. He was one of the people who worked on updating the lighting in the local community theater when it was being renovated. Not long after, Tora and Dalson were doing a performance at the theater when faulty wiring caused a fire to start. It spread fast and several people didn’t make it out. Tora and Dalson were among them.
Though it was never proven that the fire was his fault (it was an accident either way), Alessandro blamed himself for what happened. One of the only reasons he stayed alive after losing his best friends was that little Montgomery was now an orphan with no family able to take him in. Alessandro refused to let Tora and Dalson’s child grow up like he did and became Montgomery’s legal guardian. The fast growing young Greyhound pup (Beware Of Dog Universe) occupied most of Alessandro’s life (I forgot to specify that Alessandro is a Yorkshire terrier) and acted as a distraction from the pain to some degree. But the grief still overwhelmed him and, as time went on, he began losing himself to it. But that’s a topic for the future.

Apollo Lenox: Wolves by Aviators (this can be found on YouTube)

Just overall a perfect song for this character. Especially…

“I have seen the better days
But now they’re far away
Lost beneath the sand
I have lost the ones I knew
And barely made it through
This broken, barren land”

Which fits his situation of ending up in a dystopian city, losing his cousin and siblings, and fighting to survive and avenge them in “this broken, barren land”.

I’m Not That [name_f]Girl[/name_f] (Wicked) – [name_f]Allura[/name_f]
Silenced (Aladdin) – Ninnia
Reflection (Mulan) – [name_f]Aurinda[/name_f]
What Is This Feeling? (Wicked) – Eilidh/Allura

1 Like