Sonnet?

Thoughts on [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] as a girl’s name? Look, sound, usability, everything! Thanks!

2 Likes

I like it, pretty and literary! :open_book::wilted_flower:

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] - so poetic and distinctive, but it’s similar enough to names like [name_f]Summer[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] or [name_u]Seren[/name_u] that it doesn’t feel too outlandish

1 Like

I think it’s really lovely. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Very nice x

I think it’s lovely. I know one and she wears it well! :feather:

It just looks and sounds like a word. I don’t think it’s usable.

I think it’s lovely, and the literary connection adds to its beauty of course. In terms of usability, spelling and pronunciation shouldn’t be an issue, but you might get questions. Personally, I don’t think I would be brave enough to use most obscure-ish word names as firsts, but I’d still love to meet a little [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f].

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] sound, but I would only use it as a middle.

i love it! i think it works fine

I prefer [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] to most other similar names like [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_u]Story[/name_u], [name_u]Fable[/name_u]. Feels more name like. Would be a great nod to a [name_f]Sonya[/name_f]!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it

I actually knew of a Sonnette (pronounced the same) some years back, and think it’s perfectly wearable.

[name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] is a lovely name (and I prefer this spelling as a more direct nod to the style of poetry).

I love [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]! It’s somehow is cute and distinguished at once. I personally prefer it in the middle spot. I think it’d be brave but usable as a first!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it.

It’s lovely, the sound is so nice