Sons Names?

I love comin up with names for little boys, because I believe there are many more styles and neat sounds to a boys name than a girls. So I’m curious to know what did you name your sons, or what did you want to name your sons? What are your favorite boy names now, and what were they when you were younger? My first child, a boy, was born just recently, and my husband and I named him [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Elijah[/name]. We wanted an uncommon name, but a name that people were still familar with. What do you think? Other boys names we like are:

Kennan
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Carver[/name]
[name]Rainer[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Amari[/name]
[name]Cathan[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
Kaius
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Kyler[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]–but we don’t think we could use it . . . too close to brother [name]Lachlan[/name] :frowning:
[name]Porter[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]

------ The [name]Thomas[/name] Family
xoxoxoxoxo

Great names! I really like [name]Lachlan[/name] (good sound). On your list I like [name]Cohen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] (sounds good with [name]Lachlan[/name])
[name]Carver[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

You are lucky you have a simple last name. It creates a good balance with the unusual names.

[name]Roscoe[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Adley[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

I love [name]Callum[/name]. It’s on my list:)

I find boys names hard! And less diverse and more limiting than girls names. I am pregnant with our first son. We have two daughters.

From your list I love [name]Callum[/name] (which I think goes beautifully with [name]Lachlan[/name]) and [name]Cohen[/name].

For boys we have considered:
[name]Isaac[/name] (mostly for the nickname [name]Ike[/name])
[name]Miles[/name] (for family reasons, but it seems to be very popular)
[name]Sacha[/name]
[name]Laurence[/name]
Toshi
[name]Augie[/name] (probably [name]August[/name])

I have one son, we named him [name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name]) which was a British-heritage name with a fun diminuitive that hubby and I both loved but that was still unusual :slight_smile:

I love your son’s name, [name]Lachlan[/name]! That was one of the names we considered for [name]Dash[/name]!

From your list I like:
[name]Rainer[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]

I really like [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Lachlan[/name] together!

[name]KYLER[/name]!! all the other names sound weird… but kyler is so amazing… its on my list.

Great names, I love the name [name]Holden[/name] just because of association with a friend. Funny how you like someone so you like the name.

My fav. boy names:
[name]Atticus[/name] - ageless, unique, and literary
[name]Theodore[/name] - just loved this name since i was young
[name]Leopold[/name] - I love vintage names and love the nickname [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] - So simple and handsome
[name]Jude[/name] - fell in love with the name when i heard the Beatles song
[name]Grey[/name] - Artistic and handsome
[name]Charlie[/name] - classic and friendly, so adorable
[name]Forrest[/name] - love nature names, and [name]Forrest[/name] Gump make me fall in love with it.
[name]August[/name] - just beautiful, the movie [name]August[/name] [name]Rush[/name] left an imprint on this name for me.