Sophia Alexandra, Alexandra Sophia?

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]?
I am having trouble wording this quickly & clearly so sorry.
We wish to name our daughter [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. My mom is [name_f]Zofia[/name_f], but our choice is not because of this, just a happy coincidence… Then it came to the 2nd name- [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] (another honor name, but I prefer [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] better with the [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]/[name_f]Camila[/name_f], name for 2nd twin)- [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] was decided…

My cousin, just younger than me, is [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Zofia[/name_f]. There is a very high percentage of honour names used in our larger family. Either as first or 2nd names. I don’t feel at all out of place using [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] or [name_f]Zofia[/name_f] first, since there is only ‘this one instance’ of it being used before as a 2nd name.

What has surfaced now is the argument that [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] sounds much much better than the reverse. (Otherwise there is that /a/ ending one name and A starting the 2nd name.)
DH is saying we’ll name her A.S. and ‘use’ her second name [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]. For me it will be pointless and cause confusion for our daughter.
If you have ploughed through that –thank you and
[name_f]May[/name_f] I have your opinions? Is [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] okay - really how ungainly is it? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you agree that while we have many honor names in the family, the exact same name is too much, especially when we want the first name [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]? and her legal 1st name would be [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]? Should we just get a different 2nd name? :wink:
We were considering a third short name which I was going to ask your ideas for. Something short and [name_m]French[/name_m] for our [name_m]French[/name_m] heritage. Your opinions?

I think they both sound lovely, but like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] the best. I do agree that if you want to call her [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], you should use it as her first name. Nobody ever died because they went by their middle, but it does seem rather silly to call her by her middle name when there’s no reason why it couldn’t be used as a first.

I actually prefer the flow of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] over [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], and I definitely think that if you already have an [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Zofia[/name_f] in the family then you should go with the former. I don’t usually bother too much about cousins having similar names, but [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Zofia[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are basically the exact same name, so I think it would be nice to branch out a little bit. Plus, if you want to call her [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] anyway, then it definitely makes most sense to give that as the first name.

Ideas for the second middle:

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Lune[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Inès
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] (if you don’t use [name_f]Camila[/name_f] for Twin 2)
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_m]Ad[/name_m]èle
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Chloé
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_m]Sol[/name_m]ène
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/Estée
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Céleste
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Hélène
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Cécile

You could also shorten [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-- [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] sounds a little better to me. I really like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Cecile[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as combinations.

I also second the suggest of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], but I do prefer the flow of [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (but not by much). Both names have the same ending, which makes it sound off to me either way.

I also agree with katinka that it would be nice to branch out since your daughter and cousin would essentially have the same entire name.