Sophie

My favorite name for years has been [name]Sophie[/name] - the popularity of [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] is pretty devestating. In spite of that, I am still considering using it. What does everyone think of [name]Sophie[/name]?

Any middle name suggestions? Would love to have the middle name start with I, R, A, or M for family members. Last name is three syllables and begins with R.

So far, I like:

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]

Thanks!

Oh, Bklyn, I totally hear you about being upset over [name]Sophie[/name]'s popularity. It’s a family name for me, and like you, despite its popularity, it’s a name I’d still consider. I personaly prefer [name]Sophie[/name] to [name]Sophia[/name] ([name]Sophie[/name] isn’t a nickname; it’s the French form of [name]Sophia[/name]), and think it’s gorgeous.

Any middle name suggestions? Would love to have the middle name start with I, R, A, or M for family members. Last name is three syllables and begins with R.

So far, I like:

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Iris[/name]: I think [name]Iris[/name] is really pretty, but I’m not liking it with [name]Sophie[/name]…Hmm…

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]: I think this is pretty…

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]: I think this is pretty, too…

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but for me, [name]Abigail[/name] is simply too popular to pair with the popular [name]Sophie[/name].

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]May[/name]: I love this! [name]Sophie[/name] [name]May[/name] gets my vote. :slight_smile:

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]: I think [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] is really pretty, but [name]Madeleine[/name] feels too overused to pair with the popular [name]Sophie[/name].

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Maude[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name]!

I prefer [name]Sophie[/name] to [name]Sophia[/name] as well, and [name]Sophie[/name] [name]May[/name] is my favorite . . . except that my husband just informed me that he hates [name]May[/name]! I love the suggestion of [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name], I like [name]Maribel[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name] also. I agree that a less popular name is best, perhaps something with a vintage feel to make [name]Sophie[/name] sound more historical and classic than trendy.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] instead of [name]May[/name]? (That was my favorite of your choices too! )

[name]Sophie[/name] is absolutley darling!

I like [name]Rica[/name]'s [name]Maeve[/name] idea. Bklyn, I totally agree with you about using a vintage/antique middle name to reaffirm [name]Sophie[/name]'s historic roots. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Oooh, I love [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]! [name]Hope[/name] my husband likes it as well . . .

I like [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] as well! So, I’m hardly objective, but I quite like [name]Sophie[/name]. I was never a kid to hate their name either and the only teasing potential I heard was ‘soapy [name]Sophie[/name]’. My mn is [name]Ana[/name]”s.

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Iris[/name] - my DDs name is [name]Iris[/name], so these 2 names are a bit weird to me in a combo, but aside from that, I love both names separarelt, but I don’t think they fit very well together.
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - I love this one. [name]Adelaide[/name] is great to offset the popularity of [name]Sophie[/name] and she flows well to me.
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] - In Australia, [name]Amelia[/name] is on par with [name]Sophie[/name]'s popularity, but it is lovely all the same - [name]Amelia[/name] holds the same classic sweetness as [name]Sophie[/name], [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] - I have an irrational hate of [name]Abigail[/name], so I find this one lacklustre. Sorry :slight_smile:
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]May[/name] - This is darling - sweet and feminine and simple, she’s lovely. If DH doesn’t like her though, perhaps it’s best to stay clear.
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] - I like [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], and get the same feel from her as from [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name].

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] Rosabel
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]

Sorry, I’m not too good with middles ha! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] the best. :smiley: