Soraya vs Mara

See the results of this poll: Take your pick

Respondents: 12 (This poll is closed)

• Soraya Seren (Suh-RAY-uh Seh-renn): 5 (42%)
  • Mara Seren (MAR-uh Seh-renn): 7 (58%)

I choose [name]Mara[/name], its simple and pretty.

Everytime I see [name]Soraya[/name] and [name]Sariah[/name] I can’t help but think of Psoriasis. Sorry.

For me the lesser of two ‘evils’ is [name]Mara[/name] [name]Seren[/name].

I also think of Psoriasis with [name]Soraya[/name] and [name]Seren[/name] makes me think of Sarin nerve gas.

That may seem harsh, but you should know the associations these names can conjure up.

I [name]DO[/name] like [name]Mara[/name] though. It is simply elegant [name]IMO[/name].

I love the sound of [name]Soraya[/name], but actually prefer the spellings Soriah or the more accurate, Soraiah (the aia does the work of the aya)

To me [name]Mara[/name] sounds like [name]Mar[/name] (despite being my middle name); it conjures up an injury. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Braveangel2- are you saying your middle name is [name]Mara[/name] or [name]Mar[/name]? Or a name that begins w/the “[name]Mar[/name]” prefix? Let me know, as I am very interested…

I voted for [name]Mara[/name] [name]Seren[/name]. I just think [name]Soraya[/name] [name]Seren[/name] is far to S heavy.

My middle name is Marr - funny story actually, all the girls in my mom’s family have [name]Marie[/name] for a middle name. My mom didn’t have a middle name picked out, so she defaulted to [name]Marie[/name], but stopped half way through because she realized she didn’t much care for it. The nurse asked “one R or two” and Marr went on my birth certificate.

I know [name]MAR[/name] is a root word pertaining to the sea, and I don’t think twice about it as a middle name, but for some reason, I see “to make imperfect” like marring beauty when I see first name.