Sounds like Chloe?

Full confession: this is for a dog we are planning to adopt this weekend (provided she can get along with our cat, so fingers crossed). But the pet names forum isn’t active, and I know you guys can help!

She’s two years old, and her name has always been [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. Too Kardashian for me, so we want to change it. Well, to be fair, hubby doesn’t care, but I do.

I don’t want to go too far from [name_f]Khloe[/name_f] as to confuse her, but [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is the only thing I can come up with that I kind of like.

So, anything that sounds like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] that you think might work?

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] or [name_f]Clio[/name_f]? [name_f]Hope[/name_f] all goes well.

I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Clio[/name_f], that’s cute, thanks!

Also, I love your combos, I lurk here a lot, and always love seeing what you come up with! We have a very similar naming style. <3

You’re most welcome!

Aww, thanks so much!

I think anything that rhymes with [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] would work well. I believe dogs hear intonation more than specific letter sounds so I would try them out, see what she responds too.

[name_f]Zoey[/name_f] (or [name_f]Zoe[/name_f])
[name_u]Joey[/name_u]
Snowy
[name_f]Jolee[/name_f]

I personally would choose [name_f]Zoey[/name_f], I love that name for a dog!

Good luck/I hope it works out for you!

I feel like anything with the strong O sound would work.
Aloe
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_f]Mauve[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] lovely! I’m a huge dog person and I absolutely get what you’re saying about the association. The first thing that popped to mind was [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]/[name_f]Olive[/name_f], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] could work well. I hope everything works out.

I appreciate that you are trying to keep a similar sound so as not to confuse her. Names with a long O sound ending in ee/ley would work.

[name_u]Loki[/name_u] (means God of Mischief, haha)
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
Opie - if she is a ginger colour as that was [name_m]Ron[/name_m] [name_u]Howard[/name_u]’s character on the [name_u]Andy[/name_u] [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] show

I think as close to rhyming, so:
[name_m]Bowie[/name_m]
[name_m]Zo[/name_m]ë
[name_u]Joey[/name_u]
Lowy
or maybe a rearrangement as pp said: [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_u]Loki[/name_u] or even Smokey.

(edit: to add, I know they sound the same, but [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is a lot prettier to me and distinct from [name_f]Khloe[/name_f].)

Thanks all! We ended up trying out a few names to see what our son (1.5) could say and [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] was the winner! (Hubby and I both love [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m], bonus.) I can’t believe I didn’t think of that one. Sadly, [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] was aggressive towards our cat, so she’s not going to work out for us. We’re super sad, but hopefully the right one comes along!