Southern boy names?

Hey guys, I’m looking for boy names that have that old southern gentleman feeling (Like the name [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_m]Calhoun[/name_m] for all my fellow notebook fans :)). The only ones I’ve been able to come up with are [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], and [name_u]Cal[/name_u], is there any more you can think of?

[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]/[name_m]Beau[/name_m], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_m]Boone[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Jethro[/name_m], [name_m]Earle[/name_m], [name_m]Austin[/name_m]?

Definitely [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], & [name_m]Graham[/name_m].

My fave off-the-beaten-path Southern boy name is Townes. Surnames also have a Southern feel, names like [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] or Candler.

Also, a little Google search for plantation owners might turn up some gems.

[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Jefferson[/name_m]
[name_u]Royce[/name_u]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m]

Using the names of Southern lit characters is kind of cliche. I think the best way to go is a classic first name with a family surname in the middle. Call him by his middle name, or put the family surname in front. Biblical names are always safe.

[name_m]Boyer[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]LaFayette[/name_m]

great idea, thanks! I’m loving [name_m]Beau[/name_m] and [name_m]Grant[/name_m]