Spanish speaking berries- help?

Is “[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]” a weird name for a Spanish speaker to say? I’ve never heard “Oliveiro”, which is the Soanish translation. Would people be able to pronounce “[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]” or too weird?

I think it depends on the accent in English of the person. I have a Spanish grandmother who has a dog named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (she didn’t give him the name), but she has a very strong accent. She has difficulty saying [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] (it comes out as a slurred sort of oh-lee-vuh or aw-lee-vurr) , so she tends to call him [name_f]Olli[/name_f] (no issue). That being said, her sister who has a lighter accent doesn’t have much of an issue with saying [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

I can’t personally attest to other Spanish speaking countries, though I would assume the issues would stay kind of the same. It totally depends on the dialect/accent though. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is a great name!

I don’t speak Spanish, but I’m commenting to bump this thread because I know there are more Spanish-speaking berries out there. :slight_smile:

My Spanish-speaking girlfriend just told me that no, they shouldn’t have too much of an issue with it. It will sound different when they say it (more like “oh-lee-verr” or something) but it’ll probably be fine! Plus it’s a common name, they’ve probably seen/heard it before.

My Spanish is super rusty but no, I don’t think [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] will be difficult for Spanish speakers to pronounce. It might sound slightly different, though.

I can see my relatives who don’t speak very good English pronouncing it oh-lee-vehr

I’m from [name_f]Argentina[/name_f] and I had a student named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] in Kindergarten. He was so smart and cute. I had never met an [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] before, but I thought the name suited him perfectly. Especially now with all the Olivias out there, I don’t find it too weird if you live in a Spanish speaking country.