Spanish speaking Germanic Warriors

Yup, I think that’s exactly what I’m looking for.
Not pregnant or TTC.
I just feel a little unsettled now that my top 10 list is incomplete and [name]Wolfgang[/name] isn’t an option anymore. So I’d love to tap the NB brilliance for ideas.

I posted a thread a little while ago about finding a 10th little (boy) warrior name. (Thought not in those words).
I think I’m looking for something strong and spunky that works well in English, [name]German[/name] and Spanish. (The closer the pronunciation is in all three languages the better).

Previous NB suggestion that I love but just aren’t right are: [name]Alvar[/name] (too similar to [name]Alaric[/name] and [name]Elva[/name]), [name]Jasper[/name] (looses it’s charm in [name]German[/name] and Spanish. I mean Jah-sper or Has-per?), [name]Constantin[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Theodor[/name], & [name]Sebastian[/name] (amazing names but I just don’t love them), [name]Hector[/name] & [name]Vincent[/name] (too close to [name]Victor[/name]), [name]Oscar[/name] (I love it now but don’t think I’ll love it long term), [name]Leopold[/name].

I’m up for all and any suggestions that you think might fit the bill. [name]TiA[/name].

Ok, I’ll give it a go. My [name]German[/name] is very rusty though and my Spanish is… non-existent… so I’m sorry if these don’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Max[/name]- [name]Maximus[/name], [name]Maximilian[/name]?
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Luka[/name]/[name]Lukas[/name]
[name]Ben[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Stefan[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]

Hmmm, I so want to help you, but I couldn’t speak Spanish to save my life! So please forgive me if these are terrible suggestions:

[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Anselm[/name]
Artegal
[name]Arthur[/name]/[name]Artur[/name]
[name]Balthazar[/name]/[name]Baltasar[/name]
Bendrix
[name]Boniface[/name]
[name]Caradoc[/name]
[name]Casimir[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]/[name]Casper[/name]/[name]Gaspar[/name]
[name]Corentin[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Darius[/name]
Deronda
[name]Esmond[/name]
[name]Esteban[/name]
Galahad
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Horatio[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Inigo[/name]
[name]Lancelot[/name]
Leofric
[name]Leonidas[/name]
Lohengrin
Loxias
[name]Octavian[/name]
[name]Percival[/name]
[name]Philemon[/name]
[name]Roderick[/name]
[name]Tiberius[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

CharlieandPerry & Otter your suggestions are marvelous thank you!

I particularly like:
Lohengrin, [name]Octavian[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Tiberius[/name], [name]Leonidas[/name], Leofric (too close to [name]Alaric[/name]? am I over thinking this?), [name]Cornelius[/name], [name]Benedict[/name] (thought of this from Bendrix), and [name]Artur[/name].

These suggestions are great but can’t use them because….
…they are Family Names (and not people I’d want to honor): [name]Horatio[/name], [name]Adrian[/name], [name]Maximillian[/name], [name]Maximus[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Stefan[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name]
…their flair just doesn’t translate: [name]Lancelot[/name], [name]Gulliver[/name], [name]Caspar[/name], and Galahad

more please!!! :smiley:

I can only count in those languages so no idea if these work

[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Marius[/name]
[name]Emilio[/name]
[name]Emory[/name]
[name]Armand[/name]
[name]Bruno[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Rolf[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Lothar[/name]
[name]Carsten[/name]
[name]Dieter[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]

Mclola, Thanks for you suggestions. Of course [name]Matthias[/name] is a family name so that’s out of the question (so sad because I love it), but [name]Lucius[/name], [name]Carsten[/name] and [name]Titus[/name] are all very intriguing. Mucho Danke.

[name]Gonzalo[/name]
Martiniano
[name]Rodrigo[/name]
[name]Rogelio[/name]
[name]Alonso[/name]
[name]Lucio[/name]
Niceto
[name]Gervasio[/name]

[name]Bonaventure[/name] is in my husband’s family. [name]Wild[/name] but enticing.

[name]Ramon[/name]? ( not sure how warrior like it is but I think it is easily pronounced in all 3 languages!)

[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Luca/name
[name]Franco[/name]
[name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Johan[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]

No idea how well these work in [name]German[/name] but they are easily said in English and Spanish…

I speak Spanish but my [name]German[/name] is nonexistent…I know how to say “No” and that’s about it. What about [name]Ludovic[/name] or [name]Leonard[/name]?

[name]Rafael[/name]
[name]Odilio[/name]
[name]Jago[/name]
Some version of [name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Inigo[/name]
[name]Federico[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] - works in English, Spanish and [name]German[/name].
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Cristian[/name]
[name]Tomas[/name]
[name]Xander[/name]
[name]Andreas[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Fabian[/name]
[name]Gunter[/name]
[name]Hubert[/name]
[name]Nicandro[/name]
[name]Alejandro[/name]
Niklaus
[name]Marius[/name]
[name]Patricius[/name]
[name]Emil[/name] / [name]Emilio[/name]

Rosamonte:
Thank you for your suggestions. I love that you focused on the -o ending, esp since it’s so stereotypical for spanish-speaking cultures and I have absolutely none on my list. Good catch.

KKRVF:
[name]Bonaventure[/name] - what a spectacular name! Thanks for digging that up.

BackToMyRoots:
[name]Ramon[/name] - your right this really does work in all three languages. Sadly it just doesn’t get my heart to skip a beat.

DindLee:
I do so love [name]Johan[/name] but it’s too close to both my grandfather’s name, and my uncles name (both [name]Hans[/name]). The rest of your suggestions are equally distinguished. Cheers!

RowanGreenEyes:
[name]Ludovic[/name] is a brilliant suggestion if I didn’t already have [name]Ludwig[/name] I’d jump on it. But my long time love for Beethoven gives [name]Ludwig[/name] an edge. (But I’m so keeping it in mind should me SO one day consider a [name]Ludwig[/name] variant. Thanks!).

TeaGardens:
Wow your suggestions are great!
Though, you did hit the mother-load of family names: My name is [name]Alexandra[/name] so [name]Xander[/name] and [name]Alejandro[/name] would just feel awkward. [name]Cristian[/name], [name]Hubert[/name] and [name]Andreas[/name] are too close to my SO, his sister and my uncles names (not in order). I have a second cousin named [name]Gunter[/name] who we see a lot and another family member named T(h)omas.
-> That’s almost 1 in 3! Color me impressed. :wink:

From Everyone’s suggestions I particularly enjoy:
[name]Frederico[/name], [name]Bonaventure[/name], Niklaus, [name]Cornelius[/name], [name]Leonard[/name] and [name]Ludovic[/name], [name]Lucio[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Luca/name, [name]Augustin[/name] and [name]Emil[/name]

I like but don’t love:
[name]Florian[/name], [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Fabian[/name], [name]Dexter[/name] and [name]Alonso[/name]