Sparrow James Midnight...

I was thinking maybe [name]Midnight[/name] was the tribute to DJ AM since [name]Midnight[/name] is when it turns to A.M.? Sort of a stretch but I thought maybe it would justify it to people who don’t like it.

I like [name]Sparrow[/name] [name]James[/name], sounds like a pirate/rockstar. I don’t really condone it, but I like it a lot haha. It is sort of matchy with [name]Harlow[/name], but I don’t think it’s any worse than [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Pax[/name] and [name]Knox[/name].

I am a female and my name is [name]Sparrow[/name]. seems like my parents were waaay ahead of the trend. I was born in 1970.
I love my name.

i actually love sparrow for a girl. not masculine at all. If you are going to name your son after a bird, choose [name]Raven[/name] or something more rock and roll. Again, too matchy with [name]Harlow[/name] but they do not flow together when said aloud. “[name]Harlow[/name]! [name]Sparrow[/name]! Come to dinner!”

would you name yoyr child after your girlfriends ex-fiancee lol?

would you name yoyr child after your girlfriends ex-fiancee lol?[/quote]

It was mentioned on the first page that some blogs were wondering if they would name the new baby with any tribute to [name]Adam[/name]/AM. They were both friends with him.

That being said, no lol. My favorite name, since I was little, is [name]Caroline[/name] and it’s my fiance’s ex-girlfriend, so it was immediately vetoed. Sad.

I love this name! I love [name]Nicoles[/name] choice once again for her baby, My only dislike is the use of [name]Midnight[/name] next to [name]Madden[/name]… reminds me of ‘[name]Midnight[/name] Madness’…[name]Sparrow[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Madden[/name] is better.
But, once again, I think [name]Nicole[/name] & [name]Joel[/name] nailed it!

I think [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]James[/name] would have been cute. [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]James[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name] [name]Midnight[/name] would have been acceptable.

[name]Harlow[/name] and …

[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Dalton[/name]
[name]Lyndon[/name]
[name]Mercer[/name]
[name]Perrin[/name]
[name]Seeley[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Tallis[/name]

Would have been better choices…

you are all spot on. for me, this name is a classic example of a name that is trying too hard.

[name]James[/name] and [name]Midnight[/name] dont bother me so much … but [name]Sparrow[/name]! Argh! NOOO! Sparrows (as in the birds) are little and common. Not my pick.

I found this quote about [name]Sparrow[/name]'s name:

”It reminded me of the [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] song ”A Boy Named [name]Sue[/name].” My worry raising a son in Hollywood is what will he have to struggle for? I wanted to give him a name that he”s going to have to stand up for. I love it; I think it”s a beautiful name.”

”[name]Joel[/name] [name]Madden[/name] on why he and [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] named their son ”[name]Sparrow[/name]” to People.

I love that quote.

Me too! It somehow makes the name [name]Sparrow[/name] okay. :slight_smile:

I love that quote.[/quote]
Thats… actually quite nice of them. It’s like they did it to give him character and there’s a meaning behind it. I sort of like their reasoning.