spelling: Amy or Aimee?

we’re wondering, which spelling do the berries prefer:

[name]Amy[/name] or [name]Aimee[/name] ?

the surname is 3 syllables and typically difficult for English speakers to pronounce.

thanks in advance.

I prefer [name]Amy[/name], but I love the name and both are wonderful.

I like [name]Amy[/name] better too, but I think either one is common enough that people shouldn’t have problems with it. However with the difficult ln, it would probably be one less name she’d have to spell for ppl.

[name]Amy[/name], definitely [name]Amy[/name]

[name]Amy[/name]. [name]Aimee[/name] looks fussy. [name]Both[/name] are quite dated to me, though.

[name]Amy[/name]. I love this name.

I love [name]Amy[/name]!

I usually hate trendy and kre8tive spellings but [name]Amy[/name] seems so plain to me. [name]Aimee[/name] has a lot more life and pizzazz. I think all of the vowels make it stand out in a good way :slight_smile:

J’adore [name]Ammie[/name]! (okay that was me trying to be Frenchy lol but I do like that best.)

I like [name]Aimee[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Amy[/name]! I love this name. [name]Aimee[/name] just seems to be a bit to much, though.

Old thread but I was thinking about the different spellings.

I really like both . I do like names kids don’t have to tell everyone how to spell so I might lean [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. But I do love the [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] spelling too.Both would work well as a middle name .

I hope it’s one parents will use more of.

Definitely prefer [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] seems like the very best try to make it a longer name.

I’ll go with [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. :slight_smile: To me, [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] is a little bit too much.

[name_f]Aimee[/name_f] is more [name_m]French[/name_m] influenced.

Maybe with [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]'s popularity [name_f]Amy[/name_f] might be around the corner Sometimes it’s used as a nickname.

I have seen the [name_f]Ami[/name_f] version a few times as well.

I prefer [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] as it seems less dated. However, as someone else pointed out, with a difficult last name the less she will have to spell out the better.

I’m a Francophile, so I prefer [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] (in [name_m]French[/name_m], it’s Aimée, meaning ‘loved’). [name_f]Amy[/name_f] would be better w/the difficult last name, though.

I prefer [name_f]Aimee[/name_f], mostly because the girl I knew called [name_f]Amy[/name_f] was not super nice so that’s kind of put me off that. I have however met two girls called [name_f]Aimee[/name_f] and they were really sweet:)