Spelling: Isadore vs. Isidore

[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]! [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] looks like someone wanted to feminise the name to get the nickname [name_u]Isa[/name_u].

[name_m]Isidore[/name_m] / [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] is one of my favorite names!!! And I think it goes perfectly [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], no matter which spelling you choose!
I initially preferred [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] but later started leaning toward [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] but would be happy with either spelling. There were more babies born as [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] (19) than [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] (11) but neither of them are in the top 1000 so I donā€™t think most people will have an idea of what the ā€œcorrectā€ spelling is since most have never met one so they can quickly become accustom to either spelling

I appreciate all of the feedback! I think we may have a preference, but this is one of those things where I go back and forth daily.

I wanted to bump up the discussion, to ask more questions about Isidore/Isadoreā€¦

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you feel that this name is highly exotic? I worry that folks will hear the name and react in some way (positive or negative). I donā€™t want a reaction. We just like the nameā€¦

Sorry to bump again, but this time I am curious to knowā€¦

Does anyone feel that [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] (this particular spelling) has a cultural association to it (in addition to Judaism)?

I donā€™t, personally, no!

Personally my preference is [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]. I also think that even if you donā€™t use nicknames, your sonā€™s friends will at some stage, so itā€™s cool to leave the option of [name_u]Sid[/name_u]. I would personally associate this name with Catholicism rather than Judaism. I love this name and it is on our list of maybes.