Spelling of Layla??

I adore how the name [name_f]Layla[/name_f] sounds, however there are so many spellings, I love [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] but DH prefers [name_f]Leila[/name_f], which I also like and I believe is the original [name_m]German[/name_m] spelling, I am not a fan of [name_f]Laila[/name_f] as I think the ai doesn’t look good together, which is your favourite and are there any other spellings I should consider?? :slight_smile:

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] is my favorite from the bunch.

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] or [name_f]Leyla[/name_f]

I named my baby girl [name_f]Layla[/name_f] :slight_smile: I originally liked [name_f]Leila[/name_f] best, and still really like it, but after lots of research we decided on the easiest, most foolproof spelling to pronounce. I read about many, many Leilas who were frustrated with being called “[name_f]Leela[/name_f]”, and Lailas who were called “[name_f]Lila[/name_f]”. The [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] spelling doesn’t appeal to me visually.

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] all the way.

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f] or [name_f]Leila[/name_f]. [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] is also quite pretty, one I haven’t seen before

Definitely [name_f]Leila[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and [name_f]Leila[/name_f], but I probably prefer [name_f]Leila[/name_f] a tiny bit. [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] is nice too, but I have never heard of it.

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] is my favorite, [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] would be second choice. c:

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] is my favourite overall but from your options, I like [name_f]Leila[/name_f]. I didn’t think it was a [name_m]German[/name_m] name at all though? I was under the impression that it’s an Arabic name meaning “night”.

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] is my favorite. [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] is very pretty too… I like it much more than [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f] as is. It’s the original spelling from the [name_m]Derek[/name_m] and the Dominos song.

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] 1000%! The others are nice, but [name_f]Leila[/name_f] just looks so elegant and classy to me. (Then again, it might be because of a [name_f]Leila[/name_f] my sister went to school with–she was always so poised and beautiful and graceful.) [name_f]Layla[/name_f] feels more cutesy to me, although it is beautiful. I’m not keen on the [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] spelling, personally, but maybe that’s just me.

I say [name_f]Layla[/name_f], my husband’s grandmother is named [name_f]Lela[/name_f] (pron. [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-la) and where I live I think that [name_f]Leila[/name_f] would be pronounced the same lee-la.

I guess just take into consideration where you live. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is a very lovely name by the way.

When I see [name_f]Leila[/name_f] I think “[name_f]Leela[/name_f]”, just something to consider. For this reason I prefer [name_f]Leyla[/name_f].

We named our daughter [name_f]Layla[/name_f] after the [name_m]Eric[/name_m] Clapton song. It was very important to us to keep the same spelling as the song title. I happen prefer this spelling to :).

I definitely prefer [name_f]Layla[/name_f], but [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] is okay too.

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] over [name_f]Leyla[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Laila[/name_f] too. [name_f]Leila[/name_f], I pronounce as [name_f]Leela[/name_f] (I used to pn it [name_f]Layla[/name_f] until I came across someone who pn it [name_f]Leela[/name_f])

My favorite is [name_f]Layla[/name_f] because I think it’s the simplest and most clear way to get the pronunciation.

[name_f]Leila[/name_f], unquestionably. [name_f]Leyla[/name_f] and [name_f]Laila[/name_f] look strange to me, and [name_f]Layla[/name_f] has much less visual appeal.