Spelling... opinions please

Okay so I would love to get some different opinions on this topic. I am 20 weeks pregnant, and if it is a boy I really love the name [name]Jaxon[/name] [name]Cade[/name]. I saw it about a year ago on a baby name site and I just couldn’t get it out of my head. It seems like a lot of people on this website really look down on names not spelled in their original form though. I see a lot of comments about how the baby will have to correct people their whole life, which may be true, but I have experienced this forever as a [name]Caitlin[/name] and it has never been that big of a deal to me. Is [name]Caitlin[/name] “tryndee”? Or is [name]Katelynn[/name]? Personally I like the name [name]Jaxon[/name] because it has a classic sound with just a little twist, which makes it just edgy enough for me. For example growing up [name]Ive[/name] always known Haleighs and Haileys and I never cared for the name. But when my friend had a daughter named [name]Haylie[/name], I liked it better. Maybe its because Im not a name fanatic, just pregnant? Or because Im a younger mother to be… I would just like to get some honest opinions on this topic…

I prefer more traditional spellings of names, to be honest. So for me, [name]Jackson[/name] would be the more handsome spelling. As for [name]Caitlin[/name], that’s the Irish spelling of it, and for me, the only one I’d consider using.

I don’t like made up spelling or made up names in general. Like your friend’s [name]Haylee[/name] vs the millions of other spellings-don’t like. Changing the spelling does not make a common name unique! [name]Jaxon[/name] however I do like and I also like the nn [name]Jax[/name]. But I pronounce the x as an x, not as Jackson so to me [name]Jaxon[/name] is it’s own name and not a different way to spell [name]Jackson[/name]. It’s a subtle difference but they are not the same. [name]Jaxon[/name] rhymes with [name]Saxon[/name] as in Anglo-[name]Saxon[/name], not pronounced [name]Jackson[/name]. I may be the only person who pronounces [name]Jaxon[/name] slightly differently than [name]Jackson[/name] though.

I must admit that I like that there are different spellings. My name has been misspelled many times, and I use the traditional spelling. It may be easier on others if you use the more popular spelling, but nowadays more people ask before assuming.

In general, spelling depends on the name, how far you go, and why. For example, if you love the name [name]Caitlin[/name] but choose the spelling [name]Katelynn[/name] to honor grandmother [name]Kate[/name] and sister [name]Lynn[/name], the [name]Katelynn[/name] spelling is great. Or if [name]Haylie[/name] looks prettier to you, use it. With names like [name]Caitlin[/name] and [name]Hailey[/name], there are so many variations, so you have to spell it out anyway, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you dont like spelling for people, then choose a name that doesnt have too many known variations.

As for [name]Jaxon[/name], I have seen [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Jaxon[/name], so I don’t think it’s too kre8tiff of a spelling.