spicy, silly, smart, sexy, serious?

[name]Ah[/name] my girls’ list. It’s short at least, so that’s something. There is a disparity between boys’ and girls’ lists. Boy options are [name]Cy[/name], [name]Clement[/name], [name]Crispin[/name], Ywen, and [name]Otis[/name]. I fear I may be attracted to less substantial names for girls. So I’m trying to figure out how to satisfy my nickname addiction but find dignified names that I love. Seriously, I need Nickorette.

[name]Ginger[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. [name]Margaret[/name] for my beloved Aunt [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Ginger[/name] because I love [name]Ginger[/name] [name]Rogers[/name] and I feel the name has an incredible two-sided spirit… playful and flirty on the outside, strong and spicy and rooted at heart. I don’t care about the redhead thing. I’m ginger-ish, and it really doesn’t offend me, in fact I rather enjoy the slur. The plant is one of my favorites - I think of it as a kind of personal hero plant. When I was dealing with cancer, my oncologist told me that there was some good research about curcumin (in the ginger family) having anti-carcinogenic properties. [name]Every[/name] morning for a year while I was sick I made tea of fresh ginger and curcumin root. Who knows how much this helped, but it made me feel like I was going to be ok.
With all my elegant boy names, [name]Ginger[/name] may be better as a nick, but I can’t think of a full name I love more.
I dislike [name]Virginia[/name] (ok on someone else’s kid) and [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Ginevra[/name] (ditto.)
Today I thought of [name]Guinevere[/name]… I think it’s beautiful, and gives you [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Vera[/name], [name]Winnie[/name] (gasp!) and [name]Ginger[/name]. But I need to read more about [name]Guinevere[/name] to fall in love with this one. Tell me she was misunderstood, gentle, magical… not just an adulterous traitor or a passive beauty waiting to be rescued. If anyone has any other brilliant [name]Ginger[/name] names, please share.

[name]Wylda[/name]. [name]Wylda[/name] [name]Bijoux[/name] is husband’s suggestion. I think [name]Bijoux[/name] (while not the deepest of names) sounds kind of circusy-fabulous with [name]Wylda[/name] and it does have an X, which would please my X-named mother. [name]Wylda[/name] would honor his Uncle [name]Bill[/name], we could call her [name]Billie[/name] which I find kind of glamorous in that gardenia-behind-the-ear way, and it means willow tree, wild, relates to Wythe… honors both of my parents…

[name]Acacia[/name]. I love acacia trees, I like the symbolism of the plant, there’s a connection to my grandmother… I like the strength and the serious femininity of this name. We’d probably use nn [name]Cay[/name], which would be nice though matchy with [name]Cy[/name].

[name]Celia[/name]. [name]Celia[/name] Dear? Grandmother [name]Christine[/name] nn Dear. If I use [name]Crispin[/name] I won’t use Dear. Great grandmother [name]Sheila[/name], so [name]Celia[/name] gets her in there… and it’s an anagram for [name]Alice[/name] - meet-cute with husband revolves around [name]Alice[/name]. I imagine myself using Selkie as a pet-name, since [name]Celia[/name] sounds like seal. :-b I do feel that [name]Celia[/name] might be a little insubstantial though.

[name]Xenia[/name]. This one’s really on the back-burner. I know I know it’s strong and saintly, but I feel less connected to it lately.
I like [name]Zelda[/name] too lately, and [name]Griselda[/name] which DH hates.

So that’s it really. What do you think? Imagining sibsets is really mind-boggling for me, but I think it will be easier if I choose names with versatility.

[name]Ginger[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]- I don’t really like [name]Ginger[/name]. What about the [name]German[/name] word for [name]Ginger[/name]: Ingwer? I would only use that as a middle. If the [name]Margaret[/name] remains as a middle name, I would use [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name] but not with [name]Ginger[/name]. The name combination seems spicy and g & r heavy.
[name]Wylda[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]! I’m not sure if I like the [name]Wylda[/name] [name]Bijoux[/name] combination.
[name]Acacia[/name]-pretty, but I forsee many pronunciation problems. I would use [name]Acacia[/name] as a middle name.
[name]Celia[/name]- very pretty! I used to prefer [name]Cecelia[/name] with [name]Celia[/name] as a nickname, but I prefer the meaning of [name]Celia[/name].
[name]Xenia[/name]- pronunciation problems. I much prefer [name]Zelda[/name]. An alternative for [name]Griselda[/name] could by Griselys, which means grey warrior.

I think you’re right, you are attracted to less substantial girls’ names than boys’ names. However, I think your listed options are all usable except [name]Ginger[/name] (and the armchair psychologist in me wants to think you agree, given how much you wrote to justify using it!) Sibsets aren’t the be-all end-all, but next to options as sleek, refined, and frankly posh as [name]Clement[/name] or [name]Crispin[/name], a potential [name]Ginger[/name] would have to feel shortchanged.

[name]Guinevere[/name] as a literary character isn’t too inspiring, but the incredible romance and myths that surround the Arthurian legends absolutely rubs off on the name. It’s one of the more evocative names you could choose. Calling [name]Gwen[/name] [name]Ginger[/name] is a bit of a stretch, but hey, we call [name]Antoine[/name] ‘ginger’ half the time due to his lovely coppery strawberry blond curls.

Other ‘gin’ options:

[name]Juniper[/name] / Genievre (can’t do accents on the iPad-- that’s French for juniper, zhen-ee-ehv-ruh)
[name]Georgine[/name]
Regine (I know a woman by this name-- it wears quite well). Nn [name]Queenie[/name]!
Jenji (as in Jenji Kohan)
[name]Jensine[/name] (feminine variant of [name]Jens[/name])

While I really like the idea and feel of [name]Wylda[/name], I don’t think it would be usable with a brother called [name]Cy[/name]. It seems like you’re much more attached to the idea of [name]Cy[/name] than you are [name]Wylda[/name]? If you are looking for any name than contains an X, I think you could do better than ‘jewels.’

I think [name]Acacia[/name] is quie usable. I grew up with one and it never caused any difficulties for her.

I really like [name]Celia[/name]. of you selections, it’s currently my favorite. I am not fond of cutesy terms of endearment as names-- I think I responded a couple of months ago when You solicited opinions on the topic-- even though it honors your grandmother.

Too bad [name]Xenia[/name] is back burner, I think it’s fabulous.

[name]Irmgard[/name]: Thanks for your feedback. [name]Wylda[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] are indeed the “prettiest” of my names. I do like them, but I’m drawn to the ones with more bite. Not wild about Ingwer or Griselys, but thank you anyway!

[name]Blade[/name]: [name]Oy[/name] vey. My fears are confirmed. Really not going for “posh” in my boys’ list. I want a name that’s beautiful and meaningful, but I want a more casual option too (hence [name]Cy[/name].) And I just want to be able to call my daughter something sassy once in a while. She doesn’t have to be [name]Ginger[/name] or [name]Billie[/name] all the time. Selkie would be a very occasional pet-name…
[name]Guinevere[/name] to [name]Ginger[/name]… too much of a stretch… hm.
I just thought of [name]Imogen[/name]. Great Shakespearean namesake, very dignified name, gets me to [name]Ginger[/name]. Or does it?
[name]Xenia[/name]: Yeah I know. I may come around.
Thanks [name]Blade[/name]. And the image of [name]Antoine[/name] bouncing around with a head of ginger curls was the spoonful of sugar that helped the sobering feedback go down!

Out of your names [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Acacia[/name] are great choices.

I’m not sure [name]Imogen[/name] is a perfect ginger but I was called [name]Coco[/name] as a child and it couldn’t be further from my real name.

Suggestions:

[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Gianina[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Ghislaine[/name]
[name]Glenys[/name]

Not a big fan of [name]Ginger[/name], I’m sorry. To me it’s just not the slightest bit classy or attractive. If you can’t find anything else you love it’s fine. But I really love [name]Acacia[/name], I think it’s beautiful and classy!

That was way shorter than your boy list! And quite different. I know you love [name]Ginger[/name], but it would be a bit weird with your boy choices (I don’t get posh from your boy choices by the way, to me they are quirky, bookish, striped trousers & spectacle wearing choices).

My favourites are [name]Acacia[/name] and [name]Celia[/name], they are beautiful. And [name]Xenia[/name] is stunning, I really like this name. Very warrior princess to me, one of my friends used to be on that show!

[name]Imogen[/name], your new addition, is beautiful and can get you to [name]Ginger[/name].
Some others: [name]Virginia[/name] (birth name of [name]Ginger[/name] [name]Rogers[/name]), [name]Virgine[/name], [name]Luigina[/name], Gerorgiana and [name]Regina[/name].

I decided to group them together for fun. I personally like:

[name]Cy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] (I really like [name]Imogen[/name]! It seems like the cutest way to get to [name]Ginger[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] would be really lovely. And knowing how much you love [name]Cy[/name], I think [name]Imogen[/name] fits with it the best. Also, for the record I enjoy the name [name]Ginger[/name], but it just didn’t quite do it for me with [name]Margaret[/name] as a middle.) These both seems like really artistic names to me for one reason or another. I picture a brother and sister trying to paint together on a hillside with way-too-big smocks, miniature easels, and adorable dimples.

[name]Clement[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] ([name]Celia[/name] would probably be my favorite name on your list, but since you like so many other “C” boy names I find it the most difficult to work in. [name]Clement[/name] seems like the most well-known of your boy choices and since the C’s have different starting sounds it isn’t too much of an issue. Plus how cute would [name]Clem[/name] and [name]Seal[/name] be for siblings?) They are less-serious feeling names, but both with great meanings. [name]Clement[/name] is a rich navy to me, and [name]Celia[/name] is a light periwinkle blue so they also share the same color palatte in my mind.

[name]Crispin[/name] and [name]Xenia[/name] (these are both nice in that they’re less common, but still familiar. I think they work together pretty well, and the “crispness” if you will of [name]Crispin[/name] offsets the feminine vowel sounds of [name]Xenia[/name].) To me [name]Crispin[/name] is a dark green name, whereas [name]Xenia[/name] is more of a royal purple so together they kind of seem like where the edge of the forest meets the flowers in an open meadow.

Ywen and [name]Acacia[/name] (The two most exotic choices to look at, but I really like the sound of both of them.) They are definitely familiar enough to be usable. I especially love Ywen, but both of them are soft and musical and seem to compliment each other.

(I don’t really care for either [name]Wylda[/name] or [name]Otis[/name], sorry!) [name]Hope[/name] that was helpful. =]

I think [name]Imogen[/name] is inspired. And remember, no matter how much you see it here, it’s a genuine rare bird in the US. I have never met or even heard of an American [name]Imogen[/name].

[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Xenia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]

Is a great shortlist.

Some similar choices (to be constructive):

[name]Rosamond[/name] (spelling it this was gets you the false etymology ‘rose of the world’ as well as the real horse-protector one)
[name]Anouk[/name] (the gorgeous [name]Breton[/name] form of [name]Anne[/name])
[name]Viola[/name] (ravishing, completely underused shakespearean name)
[name]Nerissa[/name] (ditto, with the connection to sea nymphs)
[name]Linnea[/name] (it’s beautiful, uncommon, and honors your father)
[name]Wynne[/name] (as a middle, to honor the [name]William[/name])
[name]Larkin[/name] (medieval male diminutive of [name]Lawrence[/name], but not unisex, quirky, and nature-related)

Tree-related female names (I think a quirky botanical that to a flower would be wonderful with your boys list):

Alona (modern Hebrew for oak tree)
[name]Cerese[/name] (3 syllables, meaning ‘the tree and its fruit’)
[name]Idra[/name] (Aramaic name for fig tree)
[name]Cassia[/name] (the cinnamon tree)
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Orinthia[/name] (an elaboration on Hebrew [name]Oren[/name], pine tree, and the Gaelic word for fair)
[name]Rowan[/name] (it’s a nameberry fave because its beautiful)

My little sister is [name]Billie[/name], I love it! :slight_smile:

[name]Karma[/name]: Aw [name]Coco[/name]! I love it. I have a [name]Corinne[/name] friend who uses [name]Coco[/name] once in a while and I think it’s adorable and kind of glam, w/[name]Chanel[/name] association. [name]Georgina[/name]… I could almost like that one, but somehow I’m stuck associating it with The Cook the Thief His Wife and Her Lover… that film where the awful husband is always yelling “[name]Georgie[/name]!” at [name]Helen[/name] [name]Mirren[/name]. None of the others are clicking (I’m fussy about girls’ names) but thank you!

Njordv: Another vote for [name]Acacia[/name], thanks :slight_smile: I love [name]Ginger[/name] so. I guess I really need to keep hearing that it’s unusable as a full name, because it’s hard to part with.

Otter: Thanks dearie. I love your description of my future boys. Now I’m having a fantasy of living in an old house with a library full of ladders on wheels and bespectacled little boys climbing on them! Thanks for casting your votes. I like all the names differently and almost equally. Starting to wonder about [name]Wylda[/name]… It’s pronounced “[name]WILL[/name]-dah” by the way. It’s sort of on the list as a “If we ever have twin girls we could name them [name]Billie[/name] and [name]Ginger[/name] and call it a day” name. None of your suggestions click, sorry :frowning: If you have others you think would work well with [name]Crispin[/name] or [name]Clarence[/name] nn [name]Cy[/name], or Ywen or [name]Otis[/name]… do tell. I loved your idea of [name]Nesta[/name] a while back, and [name]Enid[/name] is still appealing to me.

[name]Amy[/name]: [name]Love[/name] your boy/girl pairings! FYI all the boy C-names would get Y-middle names and the nickname [name]Cy[/name]. I [name]DO[/name] think [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] could be great. [name]Oy[/name]- [name]Celia[/name]. Everyone loves it. My husband loves it. I’m just a little disenchanted with it lately. It feels too… “little black dress” or something, too safe. But I know, it’s a good one.

[name]Blade[/name]: Thank you! I am really getting excited about [name]Imogen[/name]. I wouldn’t call her [name]Ginger[/name] all the time, promise. Imma is even kind of fun, though I’m not sure about a nickname so close to my own. My husband is a fiend for [name]Shakespeare[/name], so he loves it. I want to like the “original” [name]Innogen[/name], but it sounds like “indigent” to me. Of your suggestions, I love [name]Rosamond[/name] (always suggesting this one to other berries, which is telling) or [name]Rosamund[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name] (DH dislikes.) And I like [name]Viola[/name], [name]Larkin[/name] (but DH has bad association), [name]Idra[/name].

Buttersnaps: Sweet! [name]Billie[/name] definitely feels like a younger sister name to me.

I am really falling for [name]Imogen[/name] nn [name]Ginger[/name], but if anyone has more ideas for girls’ names to go with [name]Crispin[/name] or [name]Clement[/name] nn [name]Cy[/name], or Ywen or [name]Otis[/name]… please send them along! I am pretty opinionated about girls’ names, but I’d love to get some other thoughts. Thanks!

Haha, you’re welcome. I didn’t really like any of those names either… maybe these?

Anahera, [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Ana[/name]ïs, [name]Axelle[/name], [name]Berenice[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Cicely[/name], [name]Constance[/name], [name]Corinna[/name], [name]Cosima[/name], Culla, [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Elara[/name], Ellisiv, [name]Eugenie[/name], [name]Eunice[/name], [name]Garnet[/name], [name]Greer[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Hilma[/name], [name]Irene[/name], Isilde, [name]Ivory[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Marion[/name], [name]Maud[/name], [name]Melaina[/name], [name]Moira[/name], [name]Nedra[/name], [name]Saskia[/name], [name]Selina[/name], [name]Tamsin[/name], Tiranna, [name]Thomasin[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], Vilda, [name]Violetta[/name], Winnet, [name]Zephyrine[/name], [name]Zuleika[/name]

mm…
Really liking:

[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Garnet[/name] (but way too close to last name)
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Irene[/name] (but it’s a little too no-frills)
Isilde -Of course I slightly prefer Ysilde. is that even a name? :-b [name]Ysobel[/name]… [name]Ysabel[/name]. And so forth.
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Marion[/name] (but unusable bc it belongs to a friend)
[name]Maud[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
Vilda… or [name]Hilde[/name], [name]Tilda[/name]… Guilty pleasure names for me.

Thank you. It’s good to crack things open a little and try some other ideas. You reminded me, I like [name]Djuna[/name] too, though not sure I’d use it. Ditto [name]Catrin[/name].

[name]Ah[/name], girls’ names. I know. I could easily name a dozen sons (provided my future husband is agreeable to my faves!), but daughters? No.
Since I love [name]Crispin[/name], though (one of those names that just makes me smile!), I have to offer you my current favorite girl’s name: [name]Una[/name]. As you can see, I typically like longer, frillier girls’ names, but I fell in love with [name]Una[/name] a year ago and love it still. It packs a lot of punch for such a diminutive moniker, and it can stand up to a long, frilly middle like [name]Marguerite[/name]. It’s dainty and ladylike, yet somehow spunky; it has a long, rich history in at least three languages: Gaelic, Latin and Native American. In [name]Spenser[/name]'s “Faerie Queene,” it’s the name of the princess who brings St. [name]George[/name] to save her kingdom from the dragon, if I’m not mistaken. Over the years it has also become associated with the name [name]Agnes[/name], so it sometimes picks up [name]Agnes[/name]'s meanings: “pure,” or, by association, “lamb.” I think [name]Una[/name] is an underused and lovely little gem.
I also like [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Acacia[/name], could definitely fall for [name]Wylda[/name], and think [name]Imogen[/name] is a good [name]Ginger[/name] option. Lately I’m also liking [name]Delia[/name] (similar to [name]Celia[/name]), [name]Renata[/name], [name]Paloma[/name] and [name]Susanna[/name], plus the others in my signature.
Best wishes!

Thank you Auroradawn for beautiful [name]Una[/name] and for all the background! I love it, and I won’t say it too loud or spread it around, I swear! Actually know someone named [name]Ulla[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], which I always thought was lovely. She’s [name]German[/name].
[name]Una[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] …[name]Oona[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]How[/name] do you feel about the OO-spelling?

On your list I love [name]Una[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] (so classic, and wonderful how [name]Elis[/name]- echoes [name]Alice[/name] and somehow amplifies it)
I would be tickled to meet a little [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Maud[/name], though maybe it’s too staid for your taste. [name]Delia[/name]: [name]Don[/name]'t listen to the [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] song.

You’re welcome! Thanks for not spreading it around too much :), though I would be pleased to know of one or two baby Unas. [name]Ulla[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] is pretty, too.
I prefer [name]Una[/name] to [name]Oona[/name]; [name]Una[/name] is the “original”, and it looks more simple and classical, in my opinion. [name]Oona[/name] does have pros, though: it ensures the OO-na pronunciation, and it won’t confuse Spanish-speakers as much.
Thanks; that’s just what I think about [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. Repeating sounds have to be just right to work, and I think this combo strikes that right balance.
I want to love [name]Agnes[/name] as a first name, but I’m not quite there yet! I may come around sometime in the future. And thanks for the heads-up on [name]Delia[/name] :slight_smile:
Best wishes!

Polished the list up a bit:

[name]Imogen[/name] (nn [name]Ginger[/name])
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Xenia[/name]
[name]Wylda[/name] “[name]WILL[/name]-dah”
[name]Beata[/name] “[name]Bay[/name]-ah-tuh” really loving this one right now.
[name]Maud[/name] or [name]Maude[/name] (which?)

[name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Olga[/name]
[name]Una[/name]
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] (mn only probably)
[name]Antonia[/name] (I feel it may be too grand, but I’m really fond of it. Thoughts on this one?)
[name]Jane[/name] (guilty pleasure name for me!) DH’s grandmother. Possible [name]Ginger[/name]-route, though I probably prefer [name]Imogen[/name].

All names would get the MN [name]Margaret[/name] to honor aunt [name]Maggie[/name]/[name]Margaret[/name], unless I go with [name]Celia[/name] Dear (looking less likely) or [name]MAG[/name] initials (ln close to “Garden”) Or unless you have another brilliant way to honor [name]Margaret[/name] (not [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], or [name]Margot[/name].) Her middle name is [name]Hope[/name], which I like, but [name]Margaret[/name] would be more direct.

Boy names are:
[name]Crispin[/name] Wythe (or mn [name]Yul[/name]) nn [name]Cy[/name]
[name]Clement[/name] Ywen (or mn [name]Ysmael[/name] or [name]Yul[/name]) nn [name]Cy[/name]
Ywen [name]Marsh[/name]
[name]Otis[/name] [name]Clement[/name]

Congratulation! I absolutely adore [name]Beata[/name] but fear it will be horribly mispronounced-- “beat a” isn’t so nice.

[name]Maude[/name] is nicer than [name]Maud[/name], though it does rhyme with odd. And looks like mauve.

[name]Eudora[/name] is nice-- good meaning, good namesake-- but I completely fail to appreciate [name]Olga[/name]. ‘[name]Una[/name]’ is the indefinite article in Spanish, so if you’re in an area that is remotely Hispanic this could get some raised eyebrows (works in [name]Ireland[/name] though). I think [name]Enid[/name] is just ready to come back, aided by its lovely meaning. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Antonia[/name] have literary (unpretentious) namesakes; as you can imagine, I’m fond of the latter. [name]Jane[/name] is unobjectionable.

The boy names are all fantastic imo, save [name]Otis[/name]. I think of a chubby plumber-type; or a cookie brand. Or, on a good day, [name]Otis[/name] [name]Redding[/name].

I would rank them 1-10:

[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Xenia[/name]
[name]Wylda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Enid[/name]

and not use [name]Beata[/name] (though again, it’s lovely), [name]Una[/name], [name]Maude[/name], or [name]Olga[/name].

Ooh, nice progress!! You’re a y girl aren’t you?

I’ll rank them too, top 11!

[name]Imogen[/name] - first spot b/c it’s beautiful and I secretly think it’s your favourite.
[name]Beata[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] beautiful and underused. I don’t see the beat thing. I see… ‘Beata Beatrix‘, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, c.1864–70 | Tate
[name]Una[/name] - I love [name]Una[/name], it’s magical, short, sweet and epic.
[name]Xenia[/name] - Bad ass name, I think I might steal this from you. I love the meaning, and the connection ton [name]Athena[/name].
[name]Wylda[/name] - I’d prefer Vilda or [name]Wilda[/name], but I know you love y’s.
[name]Antonia[/name] - Always makes me think of My [name]Antonia[/name]. Great book. Beautiful name.
[name]Celia[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] little [name]Celia[/name]. It’s sweet and spunky.
[name]Maud[/name] - Without the e please. Norway had a queen named [name]Maud[/name], she was beautiful and very fashionable (she had nice dresses).
[name]Acacia[/name] - I love acacia trees. I love all trees, but these are very pretty. The name is beautiful too.
[name]Eudora[/name] - Ooh, the hyades. And it means good gift, that’s perfect!

[name]Enid[/name] and [name]Olga[/name] are sour women names in my book, sorry! [name]Jane[/name] is pretty, but not for you, and [name]Alice[/name] I didn’t rank because you said it was probably a middle. But I love [name]Alice[/name], it’s one of my favourite names.

Of the boys I love [name]Clement[/name] Ywen or (!!!) [name]Clement[/name] [name]Ysmael[/name]

Thanks [name]Blade[/name] and Otter. Really helpful.
Oh [name]Maud[/name]! I do love its cobwebbiness. [name]Enid[/name] has some of the same feeling.
[name]Otis[/name]- I see what you mean…
You can’t kick [name]Beata[/name] off the list though. I am too excited about her, and potential mispronunciation isn’t a deal-breaker for me. I’ll give you [name]Olga[/name] (since it results in “GAGA” with last name) and [name]Otis[/name] (but I won’t tell my husband about [name]Otis[/name] yet.)

[name]Imogen[/name] IS my favorite. I must reread [name]Cymbeline[/name] and convince myself that this is the name… Not 100% sure.
[name]Beata[/name] has the best sound of all, and I love the idea of this beatific person with clear eyes. Thanks for the beautiful painting [name]Ottilie[/name]!
[name]Acacia[/name] feels like a really self-assured person to me. And it honors my father.
[name]Antonia[/name] is a new one but has a wonderful sound- silvery and elegant- and it’s a strong name. Too aristocratic-sounding?
[name]Celia[/name] I like the sound and meaning, the sweetness of this one. But is it TOO sweet? Also, I hear “[name]Cecelia[/name]” everywhere.
[name]Xenia[/name] I love the eccentricity of [name]Xenia[/name], the buzzy beauty of the X, the strength. But I think it lacks sweetness.
[name]Wylda[/name] I almost forgot her! That’s telling… Well I’m keeping her, because I really want my husband’s side to be represented too, and because I love the nn [name]Billie[/name], the idea of a name that contains “wild” and yes, because of the Y.

Probably won’t use, but still loving:
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Maud[/name]
[name]Una[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
(I wonder if I’m less attached to them because they’re the shortest!)

If only I could let go of [name]Margaret[/name], we could have some fun with combinations here. I can’t. But just for fun, anyone want to make some pairings? [name]One[/name] middle please!