Steampunk/Fantasy Boy Names

Steampunk-fantasy, steampunk/fantasy, same difference.

So, hey, if you saw ‘Younger Brother for Adrian’ then you’ll have seen a mention of my project’s main-main character. Like, the closest thing we have to a narrator.

Other important characters:

[name_u]Kit[/name_u] Ainsworth
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] Hedersett
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] Draegan
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] Vossler
‘Felix Sparks’

(Anyone who looks at the ‘What are your main characters called?’ thread, these are the final names.)

But here’s the dilemma.

I’m kinda running dry on names I like (or know, really) for a seventh character, and I really don’t wanna get very anachronistic with them.

Almost made that mistake with [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. [name_f]Believe[/name_f] me.

This one’s a boy, obviously, since I assume you read the name of the post. He’s 13/14, same as everyone else listed, and like [name_u]Adrian[/name_u] deals more with clocks than magic.

Unlike three-fifths of that list…

Currently my depiction of him (I’ve been making Picrews) has either longish dark blond or light brown hair — not sure which it comes under — brown eyes and glasses. His hair’s tied back into two very short pigtails, which I’d say is at his grandfather’s behest.

Uh. Personality. Right.

Fairly eager to please, although you absolutely know when you’re on his bad side. [name_f]Believe[/name_f] me. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] do not get on well with him, for basically the exact same reason. Not an incredibly brave person, and ironically enough he’s scared of heights, but better at hiding it than he thinks he is.

And not gonna lie, he’s probably the one who’d swear like a sailor despite looking like he’s the type to be too scared to say boo to a goose.

HP fans, anyone seen any kind of post about [name_m]Remus[/name_m] [name_u]Lupin[/name_u] being the mastermind behind pranks or that one about him absolutely being the one who swears most? This kid is basically the [name_m]Remus[/name_m] described in those posts.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] I buy into that? [name_m]Eh[/name_m], maybe.

Any requirements for the name? Not really. But not [name_u]Levi[/name_u] or anything too similar, because I do have that planned for a different character (a ‘he’s mentioned’ sort of character, who ties in with Felix’s backstory more than anything else). [name_m]Long[/name_m], short, I don’t care.

Thanks… and if you bothered to read the whole thing, special thanks, because I realise I ramble.

A lot.

@RadiantSquid
I went with [name_u]Theo[/name_u] for Adrian’s brother!

1 Like

Here are some ideas. I hope you find something that works.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_u]Garnet[/name_u]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Eagan[/name_m]
[name_m]Tolliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Octavian[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Mylo[/name_m]

1 Like

When I read the title I was like “Griffin!” Then when I had read the whole post I was like “Griffin with an older twin brother who is ultra arrogant and sporty and treats him like dirt and is called Sol!”

And yes I do realise you are looking for names not plot ideas/extra characters but I couldn’t help it sorry. [name_f]My[/name_f] imagination made me. Yup.

1 Like