Stella

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

What is your first association with [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

Do you like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

I myself really like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I love the meaning star.

Any opinions and thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Bold, brash, talkative, life of the party. Maybe a bit spoiled. Wouldn’t seem to fit a shy or retiring personality.

I always associate [name_f]Stella[/name_f] with the play “A Streetcar Named [name_f]Desire[/name_f]”. But, I don’t think many people have that association in their mind. I also think of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] McCartney. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a nice name that everyone knows how to spell and pronounce, so I say go for it!

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? Sweet, dainty, charming.

What is your first association with [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] came to mind!

Do you like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? I do! It’s not my personal style but I think it’s very pretty and I also love the meaning.

I don’t love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. It’s one of the names that I really want to like, but I just can’t get behind for some reason. The meaning “star” is definitely my first association. I prefer [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Estella[/name_f], which have the same meaning.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and would use it if I were able. As for association, star is the first thing that comes to mind. Personally I would use the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f], which means star of the sea, combining both my love of space and love of the sea.

To me [name_f]Stella[/name_f] feels strong, lively, and energetic. It’s not my style but I do think it’s quite pretty–and the meaning is lovely! I don’t have strong associations with it, but I know it’s pretty common at least here in the US.

What is a star? It is the sun. I instantly think of the sun and its light. Therefore growth, life, warmth and energy. It is energetic, charged, fast, but also the sustainer of all things. A presence you cannot ignore. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] lights up the whole room, and she has a warmth to her presence, a true people person. A true helper. A true leader. The sun also representing masculine aspects, she is a hardworker, you can rely on her to get things done. When I think of [name_f]Stella[/name_f], I think of the sun, I think of somebody who embodies the characteristics of the sun. [name_m]How[/name_m] also do we look at the stars? Far away and mysterious? perhaps [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is removed or detached in some way also…

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! It reminds me of the of the stars, it’s short, bright and lovely

I like that it is relatively short and simple, but I worry that it’s a real ‘fad’ name - The whole [name_u]Nova[/name_u] / [name_f]Luna[/name_f] / [name_f]Stella[/name_f] / [name_u]Harper[/name_u] thing is very popular right now, and I think it won’t date well.

What about [name_f]Elle[/name_f] as an alternative?

I really like [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I think of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] McCartney first (who is a good association, in my mind). I think it’s a nice name - classic but not overly common (at least in the UK - I think it’s more popular in the US), easy to spell and pronounce, with an attractive meaning.