Stella

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

What is your first association with [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

Do you like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

I myself really like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I love the meaning star.

Any opinions and thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Bold, brash, talkative, life of the party. Maybe a bit spoiled. Wouldn’t seem to fit a shy or retiring personality.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] first associations with the name are [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Banderas and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u], but I don’t really know anything about them other than they exist. I think the name could suit a multitude of personalities. The one downside is the popularity. It’s insanely popular here in the US, so that’s something to keep in mind. But then again, that may not bother you. It personally doesn’t bother me too much, but I know that’s a concern of a lot of people.

I always associate [name_f]Stella[/name_f] with the play “A Streetcar Named [name_f]Desire[/name_f]”. But, I don’t think many people have that association in their mind. I also think of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] McCartney. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a nice name that everyone knows how to spell and pronounce, so I say go for it!

Stella has a very special place in my heart. It’s gorgeous!

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? Sweet, dainty, charming.

What is your first association with [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] came to mind!

Do you like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? I do! It’s not my personal style but I think it’s very pretty and I also love the meaning.

I don’t love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. It’s one of the names that I really want to like, but I just can’t get behind for some reason. The meaning “star” is definitely my first association. I prefer [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Estella[/name_f], which have the same meaning.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and would use it if I were able. As for association, star is the first thing that comes to mind. Personally I would use the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f], which means star of the sea, combining both my love of space and love of the sea.

To me [name_f]Stella[/name_f] feels strong, lively, and energetic. It’s not my style but I do think it’s quite pretty–and the meaning is lovely! I don’t have strong associations with it, but I know it’s pretty common at least here in the US.

What is a star? It is the sun. I instantly think of the sun and its light. Therefore growth, life, warmth and energy. It is energetic, charged, fast, but also the sustainer of all things. A presence you cannot ignore. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] lights up the whole room, and she has a warmth to her presence, a true people person. A true helper. A true leader. The sun also representing masculine aspects, she is a hardworker, you can rely on her to get things done. When I think of [name_f]Stella[/name_f], I think of the sun, I think of somebody who embodies the characteristics of the sun. [name_m]How[/name_m] also do we look at the stars? Far away and mysterious? perhaps [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is removed or detached in some way also…

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! It reminds me of the of the stars, it’s short, bright and lovely

I like that it is relatively short and simple, but I worry that it’s a real ‘fad’ name - The whole [name_u]Nova[/name_u] / [name_f]Luna[/name_f] / [name_f]Stella[/name_f] / [name_u]Harper[/name_u] thing is very popular right now, and I think it won’t date well.

What about [name_f]Elle[/name_f] as an alternative?

I really like [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I think of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] McCartney first (who is a good association, in my mind). I think it’s a nice name - classic but not overly common (at least in the UK - I think it’s more popular in the US), easy to spell and pronounce, with an attractive meaning.