Still struggling on middle name for Tessa

I don’t think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] flow very well. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a little better but the double [name_m]Ah[/name_m] sound is a bit too wordy. They seem to run together when I say them out loud.

Im unsure of your style preferences, but based off of [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Eilah[/name_f] I would suggest [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f].

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] sounds much better than [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] imo. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] sounds nice too but then you lose the semantic connection with [name_f]Ethel[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] flows very prettily, a lovely name! I am not so keen on [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. It also sounds a little more like [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] than [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] does, while they both share the meaning.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is lovely; the double ah sound isn’t my preference but the meaning is sweet and the different emphasis between the syllables balances it out.

Thanks everyone. The name definitely HAS to have some connection to [name_f]Ethel[/name_f], preferably the meaning, and not the first letter. It’s a long story. I agree that [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] both don’t flow the best. I feel like there aren’t any other options that fit the criteria and our style. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] isn’t our style, and my husband has shot down several of my other suggestions. I’m definitely open to other ideas.

We ran into this problem when naming [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], because we wanted to use a name starting with E, so it was hard to find a good flow. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Eilah[/name_f] has definitely grown on us, so I’m hoping we can find something we will eventually really like for [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

Personally, I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f], I think it’s a fantastic choice, but if you don’t love it, how about …

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Lethe[/name_f] (an anagram of [name_f]Ethel[/name_f])
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_m]Noble[/name_m] (I know it is listed as a masculine name, but I think it really feels unisex, especially as a middle)
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Brianne[/name_f] (The origin of [name_m]Brian[/name_m] is unknown, but may mean [name_m]Noble[/name_m])
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] ([name_f]Heidi[/name_f] is a variant of [name_f]Adele[/name_f])
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] (Honestly, honoring someone you love matters a lot more than style, and very few people ever know your middle. I know [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] is a really hardcore old lady name, but I know toddlers called [name_f]Ida[/name_f] or [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] or [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] as a first name, and it comes to suit them after a few weeks. Plus, as everyone says, these things come full circle eventually)

My vote is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f].

I just read your post and wanted to tell you I have two daughters named [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f]:). Mine are [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]. If i could rename her I would choose [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] but call her [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. I like all of your choices but would personally go with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Ethel[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] is quirky and cool and flows ok with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. If not [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is my second choice and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is my third. I feel like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is slightly more classic than [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. FYI since we obviously like similar girl names I also have two boys named [name_m]Victor[/name_m] and [name_u]Max[/name_u].

I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is very beautiful! It isn’t perfect flow but it actually still sounds really gorgeous to me and I don’t feel or notice too much of an issue with the ‘a’ sound.

I think you may have already gone through the other names with the same meaning as [name_f]Ethel[/name_f], but the one that springs to mind which I think is another lovely combo is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

[name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f]!