Still stuck on baby #3!!!

Beyond frustrated in our search to name our third boy, who will join brothers [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Corbin[/name]. Their -in endings were a coincidence but now I am really torn about whether this baby should also have the same ending. At first I thought definitely not because I am not really a fan of matching names for siblings, plus if I ever had a fourth (which I am not planning on) then I would definitely feel obligated to continue with that. However, non -in names just seem very out of place. For instance, my top two right now are [name]Lincoln[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]. Of the two, I think I prefer [name]Silas[/name] but I feel like [name]Lincoln[/name] fits better in the sibset. Am I reading too much into it? Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Personally I love the name [name]Lincoln[/name] and I think it fits with the sibs but if you prefer [name]Silas[/name] I’d say go for it and don’t worry about whether it fits with the rest or not. I think the baby is an individual who will grow with/into the family so by the time he’s a year old (or less) it’ll feel like his name fits in perfectly!

Sorry if you don’t get that but it makes sense in my head :slight_smile:

I think I would go with a name ending in “n” but not necessarily “in”. While I like [name]Silas[/name] - [name]Lincoln[/name] does work better with [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Corbin[/name].

Other ideas:

[name]Benson[/name]
[name]Dalton[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
[name]Saxon[/name]
[name]Trenton[/name]

[name]Lincoln[/name] is a great choice and definitely goes well with [name]Griffin[/name] & [name]Corbin[/name].

Some other suggestions:
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]/[name]Calum[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]
[name]Sinclair[/name] (This is my fave with your sibset [name]Griffin[/name] & [name]Corbin[/name])

[name]Both[/name] options are nice. What if you used both? [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Silas[/name] is a great name.

I think [name]WAY[/name] to much weight is given to sibset combinations on Nameberry boards. I love [name]Silas[/name] (way more than [name]Lincoln[/name]) and it goes with your other sons’ names for sure.

Best of luck!

Since you aren’t sure about going for another -in ending, I wonder if you would like another name with an “r” in it as a way to tie all of the names together in a subtle way?

[name]Griffin[/name], [name]Corbin[/name], and maybe something like:

[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Trent[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

I do like [name]Lincoln[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] too, I’d go for the one you like the most and it will fit with the other names you like.

I like [name]Silas[/name] way better! I think another n name fits the pattern, but its ok to not have a matched set if you love the name.

[name]Silas[/name] is much nicer, in my opinion.

Plus, are you sure you want to be in a cycle of “-in” sounding names? 2 in a row is fine, but once you hit 3 it would seem out of place to name another child something with a different ending. (Not that I’m a big fan of the significance placed on sib-sets here, but the “-in” sound at the end is a pretty obvious tie.)

My opinion is go with what you like best!! I see the obsession over sibsets matching a lot on this forum and I just don’t get it! Style changes, taste change…so this can happen when naming kids. The kids will each own their names and most people they are introduced to won’t associate them with their other family members names (like once they go to college, social events, etc).

That being said I love [name]BOTH[/name] of your name choices! :slight_smile:

This.

I love [name]Silas[/name]. I also love [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Corbin[/name]. They all go great together.

[name]Lincoln[/name] feels a little trendy to me right now anyway.

Thanks everyone! I did think of using [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Silas[/name], which I like together, but there is something about [name]Lincoln[/name] that doesn’t feel right. Maybe it’s because it’s been on our list since baby #1 and we’ve already rejected it twice. Also, I don’t love that there are so many associations (president, car model, two towns relatively close to us)… Another issue I have with it is the spelling, I dislike the second L and I’m not a fan of changing a classic spelling. I like the nicknames though ([name]Linc[/name] or [name]Cole[/name]).

I’m really leaning toward [name]Silas[/name], but it just seems to be the odd man out next to my other boys. And, hubby prefers [name]Lincoln[/name] so I may have trouble getting him to agree to [name]Silas[/name]. I thought about [name]Silas[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name], but not sure it flows well? Also, are there any other nickname ideas other than [name]Si[/name]/[name]Sy[/name]/[name]Sly[/name]??

I think [name]Lincoln[/name] is a really cool name. It’s kind of trendy but it’s historical name so it’s not like, say, [name]Zayden[/name]. I think [name]Lincoln[/name] fits well with your sibset. [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Silas[/name] would be a good combo and that would give you the option to incorperate both names.

That is so crazy – [name]Corbin[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] were my top two favorite names when I was pregnant with my son! (Of course, my hubby vetoed them!) [name]Lucky[/name] you to get to use those awesome names! I actually love both [name]Lincoln[/name] and [name]Silas[/name], too. I would be inclined to say go with [name]Silas[/name] – I just like it a little better. I agree with the previous poster who said that too much weight is given to sibling names. After all, that only matters during childhood. Once they are adults, they are pretty much on their own. No one comes around asking me what my siblings names are or trying to decide if they go together or not.