Stress... no one likes our picks

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone,

I’m so excited to have found this board. We are really struggling with a boys name.
Our daughters name is [name]Gracie[/name] [name]Jean[/name], we are looking for a boys name that fits with it.
I would like it to be strong, and classic, but not too popular or different.

My husband loves the name [name]Max[/name]… On paper it would me [name]Maximus[/name] but we know he will get [name]Max[/name]. I like it, but i don’t love it. I just don’t feel like its a Strong Mans name. I think its cute when they are young, but don’t know how “manly” it is.
We also like [name]Joshua[/name], but I’m afraid that it has become too common.
A name that we both recently have started to like, is [name]Rex[/name]. It is my husbands fathers name. I think it is very strong, but no one likes it. A lot of people say it is a dogs name and others say he would be made fun of and that he would get “T-[name]Rex[/name]”

I am open to any suggestions or ideas. Please help!!!

Our daughters name is [name]Gracie[/name] [name]Jean[/name], we are looking for a boys name that fits with it.
I would like it to be strong, and classic, but not too popular or different.

I think [name]Max[/name] is a manly name. I love it as a nn for [name]Maxfield[/name] or [name]Maxwell[/name].

We also like [name]Joshua[/name], but I’m afraid that it has become too common.

[name]Joshua[/name] is very popular, but I love it. I think it’s a classic!

A name that we both recently have started to like, is [name]Rex[/name]. It is my husbands fathers name. I think it is very strong, but no one likes it. A lot of people say it is a dogs name and others say he would be made fun of and that he would get “T-[name]Rex[/name]”

[name]Rex[/name] does sound a lot like a dog’s name, but it is on the Hipster list. So it’s very cool.

Of all the above choices, I would pick [name]Maxfield[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] nn [name]Max[/name].

What about [name]Dexter[/name], nn [name]Dex[/name], instead of [name]Rex[/name]?

Other ideas:
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Baxter[/name] (nn Bex)
[name]Dashiell[/name] (the “i” is silent, nn [name]Dash[/name])
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] (nn [name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] (gives you the “x” ending)
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name]/Phin)
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

less-poular Biblical alternatives to [name]Joshua[/name]:
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]

This is your baby boy, and while it would be great if everyone loved your favorite names, that’s unfortunately not in the cards. Take the advice you like, ignore the rest, and choose the name that makes you happy! In the end, the special people in your life will love your little one, regardless of his/her name. :slight_smile: Good luck!

I think [name]Max[/name] sounds quite masculine–short, classic, the strength of the “x” sound…

Another name that I think fits the bill for strong and masculine that came to mind is [name]Bruce[/name].

I actually like [name]Rex[/name] a lot! It’s definitely a more distinctive spin on [name]Max[/name], plus with such a strong family connection I think it’s a real winner. Of all the nicknames a kid could get, T-[name]Rex[/name] is a pretty good one. And once he gets older, [name]Rex[/name] to me is very much a cool handsome guy name. My advice: Go with it and everyone will just have to shut up. I bet they will learn to love it as much as you do!

Thanks Ladies,

for all of your opinions. You know, its funny, I think we all really have our minds made up on names. We ask for opinions but its like we’re really just wanting someone to give us the “OK”, with the name we want to use.
Really, when it comes right down to it, we’re going to use what we want, regardless of everyone elses opinions.
[name]Pam[/name], thanks so much for your comment, I think that I was just waiting for someone else to say that they like the name [name]Rex[/name].
We are still throwing ideas around, but its looking like [name]Rex[/name] might be a winner.
I am still open for other suggestions!! Nothing is for sure yet!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say that I think [name]Rex[/name] is a fantastic name! I would love to see someone use it. I would pair it with a classic middle, just so he has something to fall back on.

[name]Do[/name] you have any good ideas for classic middle names?? I’ve been trying to think of a great middle name for [name]Rex[/name], but it is really hard because our last name is only one syllable as well!

The first thing that came to mind was [name]Rex[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

Others:

[name]Rex[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Emmet[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]

So here’s a weird story: I have two uncles named [name]Rex[/name], one on each side of the family. What are the chances? Anyway, I really like the name, and think it’s a fresh alternative to trendy [name]Max[/name].

[name]Rex[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (I really like this, but am wondering if it’s too -ex heavy…hmm…)
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (this is my pick!)
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]William[/name]

I really like a longer middle name with [name]Rex[/name], especially with a short last name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Rex[/name] too although i’m not sure if he would like having the same first name as his grandfather?

I’ve got a good friend called [name]Lex[/name] and everyone loves that.

Best thing is to not tell anyone and let them know the name after the baby is born! No one will say they hate a name once its been done! Good luck!

[name]Do[/name] you have any good ideas for classic middle names?? I’ve been trying to think of a great middle name for [name]Rex[/name], but it is really hard because our last name is only one syllable as well![/quote]

[name]Rex[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] - Ooooh, very handsome!
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Lionel[/name] - handsome, too!
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Leonardo[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Leander[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] - kind of a tongue-twister
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Kenneth[/name]
[name]Rex[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name]

My faves without knowing your last name are: [name]Rex[/name] [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Rex[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Rex[/name] [name]Augustine[/name], [name]Rex[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name], [name]Rex[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Rex[/name] [name]Adrian[/name]. My very fave is [name]Rex[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name], I think. It’s pretty amazing! But I just love [name]Rex[/name] [name]Lionel[/name], too! Means king lion.

[name]Rex[/name] is very regal, but has a doggie connotation.
[name]Max[/name] is extremely popular, almost a trend - is that okay with you?

[name]Donovan[/name] is a great middle name.

What about Rexroth, after the poet?

My advice… Nobody is [name]EVER[/name] going to all agree on a baby name!!
My mo HATES both of the names for my first 2 children ([name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Savanna[/name], even thoyght [name]Savanna[/name] is after HER, [name]Anna[/name].)
anyway, it is a name you will be saying multiple times daily for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, so above all else, make sure it is a name YOU like and standby.

try [name]Josiah[/name] (updated [name]Josh[/name])
or
try [name]Maxwell[/name] (a more grown up [name]Max[/name])

Of course, I like [name]Maximus[/name], too. And I think it’s a great name for child or adult.

Ooops, not [name]Rex[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] – he is an old-time movie star, most famously in My Fair Lady!

LOL! I was on a triple-syllabic name spree, and totally forgot about dear Professor Higgens and [name]Eliza[/name] Doolittle. :slight_smile: So, uh, yeah, ignore the brilliant [name]Rex[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] combo…