Stretch Mark Recommendations!

Hey Mamas,

What would you recommend for stretch marks on the stomach?

Thanks in advance!!

I’m not a mom, but I have stretch marks on my inner thigh. From what I’ve read, there isn’t really a way to get rid of them, whether you get them or not is largely due to genetics.

I’m also not the best person to advice you, but I think that using a good cream or oil (for dry skin, for example) and keep yourself hydrated may help you!

My mum used vitamin e oil on her skin during and after pregnancy, and said it made a huge difference.

I recommend [name_f]Cocoa[/name_f] Butter. I used a the Palmers brand.

1 Like

I use nivea coconut cream and it works really well. It also smells amazing :blush:

I remember my mum using a cocoa butter stick when she was pregnant with my sister. I have no idea where you’d be able to get one I’m afraid, but might be worth looking around.

Find a good moisturizer. Make sure you read the ingredients. I would look for one with shea butter or coconut oil as the base with as few chemicals as possible.

With my first I was given a sample of “Stratamark” by a friend who sold it. I think it’s quite pricey. I used it every night during pregnancy and didn’t get a single stretchmark until after 41 weeks (:expressionless:). With my second I just used lotion sometimes, wasn’t nearly as diligent, and I ended up with more but I was also a lot bigger the second time around.

Vitamin oil or good moisturizer my mother used both but she also drank alot of water hope this helps

With my first kiddo, I used coconut oil every night. I still got some stretch marks but it wasn’t so bad. With my second, I was really lazy and didn’t use it much and ended up with a lot more stretch marks. So definitely think the coconut oil helped.

Although, as another user said, I have read that stretch marks has a lot to do with your genetics as well…

I started using a [name_u]Shea[/name_u] butter stick but I have NO idea where you could find one I got it as a gift. I also bet it’s pretty expensive ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

A good friend had twins in [name_u]March[/name_u] and she told me her secret was to keep super hydrated - drink water, drink water, drink water!

She only got a few stretch marks in her last week of pregnancy. [name_m]Way[/name_m] less than she got from weight gain in uni.