Struggling to find the right name!

Hello -

We are on the hunt for the perfect girl’s name. [name_m]Will[/name_m] you help us come up with the right combo? Big brother is [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]. We tend to like classic names.

My favorite name is [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. My husband isn’t sold on it, but it is still on the list.
We both love [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. It just isn’t singing to me, if you know what I mean.
We both love [name_f]Norah[/name_f]. This might be moving into the number one spot.

Middle name options so far are [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Any thoughts? What names would you put together? Does anything stick out as more beautiful than the others? Any other first name that we should consider?

Thanks!

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] goes so great with [name_f]Norah[/name_f]! [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is really pretty and classic. What’s [name_u]Sam[/name_u]'s middle?

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] & [name_u]Sam[/name_u] has always struck me as a perfect pair.

I really like [name_f]Norah[/name_f] too. I tend to like it better without the h, but both are nice. I’ve always like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] with the longer -line names, like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], etc. so [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] fits right in. Though, now that I just typed that it looks oddly close to [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] (only 2 letters off!). I think I’d go with [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!!

I like [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]…although I prefer it without the H on the end.
Would you consider using [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as a first name? Because I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sounds incredible!

I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] would be a pretty option.
Second place I would select [name_f]Noa[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (instead of [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] which seems harder to say but it could be me)
First name options:
[name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanne[/name_f]
[name_u]January[/name_u] nn [name_f]Jani[/name_f] is adorable, or [name_f]Anny[/name_f]
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u]
[name_f]Julianna[/name_f] (julie+anna) or ([name_u]Julie[/name_u]-awn-ah)
[name_f]Nia[/name_f] (knee+ah)
Middle names:
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u] (blue jay)
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Janna[/name_f]

Hmm…
My favourite girl’s name out of the top three is [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. It’s my middle name, my mothers and a variant of the family name [name_m]John[/name_m] as well as being the first four letters of my sister’s middle name which is my paternal grandmother’s mother’s name. So in all honesty [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a major family name and I love it. She has gorgeous connotations with literature, has a beautiful meaning associated with G-d, and feels elegant. She’s refreshing. I love the combination [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] it’s effortless.

My least favourite is [name_f]Norah[/name_f], it seems to be a nameberry favourite, but I find this name really harsh and unappealing. [name_f]Norah[/name_f] for me just seems unattractive. But this my personal opinion and if you love [name_f]Norah[/name_f] go for it. [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] works as combination and sounds good with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m].

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] is my second favourite. She’s delicate, has a lyrical sound and is just very usable. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is a lovely choice. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] sounds great!!

Despite my love for [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is defiantly my favourite.

Here are some suggestions:
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f]’
[name_f]Laura[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Laura[/name_f]’
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]’
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) '[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Elena[/name_f] ’ pro. eh [name_m]LAY[/name_m] nuh
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Grace[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Eva[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]’
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f]’
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) '[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Emma[/name_f]’
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]’
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]’
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]’
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Helena[/name_f]’
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]’
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]’ you could have this choice with the [name_f]Norah[/name_f] nickname
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] ([name_f]Claire[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]’
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] ([name_f]Caroline[/name_f]) ‘[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]’

Oh, I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as well! I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is perfect, but since your husband isn’t loving it, I think [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is great! [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] rhyme too much for me.

I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! It’s so simple and elegant, and I think it makes a wonderful middle name! [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] both work, though I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Norah[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a first. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is just an incredibly incredible name! I don’t think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are great together, but they’re not bad either. [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] works. Some other ideas:
[name_f]Janna[/name_f] - [name_u]Jan[/name_u]-a - very similar to [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] / [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Diane[/name_f]
[name_u]Hilary[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Allison[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ([name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]Allie[/name_u] is cute!)
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (I love this and am planning on using it)
[name_f]Trinity[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] are both nice. I normally like longer first names with short middles, or short fn with long mn, but [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a well known classic (I know a [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]), and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] works too. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is also a great fn. [name_u]Sam[/name_u] & [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] or [name_u]Sam[/name_u] & Liney are cute!

[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!!!

[name_f]Joan[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_f]Ginger[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I’m not the biggest fan of [name_f]Anna[/name_f]…I like [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but [name_f]Norah[/name_f] seems to be the best fit for your family, particularly with big brother [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] also doesn’t really fit with your middle name ideas.

Combinations:
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is beautiful!

If you like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and he likes [name_f]Anna[/name_f], what about [name_f]Janna[/name_f]? (Nameberry says to pronounce it yah-nuh, but I know a woman by this name who pronounces it jan-uh)