Struggling with girl name list, and how to spell

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] we’re expecting a little girl in [name_u]February[/name_u], sister to our 4 year old son [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], and we’d like help with a name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] current shortlist is:
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Raya[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Alayna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alina[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Arla[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

I also really like the sound of a name but have no idea if a legitimate spelling exists! The name would be ‘An - ay’ . We’d also pronounce [name_f]Anaya[/name_f] like ‘ah-nay-uh’ and suspect that this might cause problems!

Any suggestions please? We like girly and less common names but not too unusual.

Some ideas:
[name_f]Feya[/name_f]
[name_f]Zyanya[/name_f]
Blyana
[name_f]Aiyana[/name_f]
Tehya
Amadrya
[name_f]Hiraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Enya[/name_f]
Lavanya

When I initially read [name_f]Anaya[/name_f] I read it in the way you described pronoumcing it so you might be ok there. Regarding [name_m]Anay[/name_m], I think if it was spelled Annay then you’d have better luck with people pronouncing how you want. As far as names on yohr list go, well obviously it only matters what you and babys father like, but my favorites are [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. However it looks like you like names ending in a. So another idea for you might be [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f].

How about Annae to rhyme with Mae?

Love Elodie, Alina, Adeline and Alaia with Flynn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Maybe Annai / [name_f]Anai[/name_f] for “an-ay”?

I like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Raya[/name_f] and [name_f]Arla[/name_f] with [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] :slightly_smiling_face:

I know someone named “ah-nay-uh,” actually! I’m glad I saw this post! She spells her name Ennea. That spelling could also work for “ah-nay,” I think! Other spellings I like are Enney, [name_f]Anney[/name_f], Ennae, Annae, and Inae.

From your list, [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] are my personal favorites. So beautiful!

I really like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and Anya!!

Some other ideas:

[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Janae[/name_f]
[name_f]Reeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]

I agree with the spelling of [name_f]Anai[/name_f] with the pronunciation you mentioned. It would make for a very standout choice!

I would also be remiss not to mention [name_f]Anais[/name_f] / [name_f]Anaïs[/name_f] as an option.

Agree with this sp. suggestion.

1 Like

I love the names [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f]! Great with [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] too.

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f], [name_f]Adah[/name_f], [name_u]Ivah[/name_u], [name_f]Evadne[/name_f], [name_f]India[/name_f], [name_f]Angeline[/name_f] (short a- sound like [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and long i- like Caroline), Chessa, [name_f]Darrah[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_f]Raina[/name_f], [name_f]Maia[/name_f], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_f]Mariah[/name_f], [name_u]Arlie[/name_u], [name_f]Arrie[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Talia[/name_f], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f], [name_f]Tanith[/name_f], [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u], [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f], [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_f]Serafina[/name_f]

Annae maybe for the spelling?

I love the look of [name_f]Anai[/name_f], but even I’m having trouble deciding if it’s “Ah-nye” or “Ah-nay”. If you don’t mind correcting people, I say that could work. I also love the suggestion of Annae! Which I feel is a bit more straight-forward.

From your list, I adore [name_f]Alina[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Raya[/name_f] & [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] :purple_heart:

Some more suggestions:

[name_f]Mireia[/name_f]
[name_u]Mina[/name_u]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f]
[name_f]Anahi[/name_f] “Ana-EE” (H is silent)
[name_f]Adelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Elina[/name_f]
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Sereia[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleia[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f]
[name_f]Isola[/name_f]