Struggling with names for my third girl.

[name]Just[/name] found out baby number three is another precious little girl and baby names are completely consuming my thoughts!! I would like to stay with the “A” theme so the little one doesn’t feel left out, but I’m drawing a big blank. I prefer names not too girly but with a little bit of spunk and uniqueness to them - without being difficult to spell or pronounce. [name]Gee[/name], I don’t demand much out of a name, huh? :slight_smile:

To give you an idea, #3’s big sisters are named [name]Auburn[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Aspen[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Currently batting around the names [name]Arista[/name] or Aralynn?

Thoughts?

Congrats! :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of either [name]Arista[/name] (record company) or Aralynn (looks and sounds made up to me), personally… also, your other two girls’ names seem to be more unisex where those are overtly feminine, which could create confusion.

Some suggestions:

[name]Adair[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Averil[/name]

Good luck!

I don’t think it has to be an A, Though to be consistent i like the names :

Aisling (though I am sure it gets confused with Ashley)
Aria
Annika
Adelaide
but those are all a bit more feminine

for less frilly ones

I know I’ve seen Arwen mentioned before… maybe Adele or Alice?

[name]Auburn[/name], [name]Aspen[/name] and sister…

[name]Altair[/name]
[name]Abilene[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Adriel[/name]
[name]Afton[/name]
Airlia
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Albany[/name]
[name]Alethea[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Almond[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Ambrosia[/name]
[name]Amethyst[/name]
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Anemone[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Anwen[/name]
[name]Aphra[/name]
Apsara
[name]Aquinnah[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
Arashel
Araxie
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Argenta[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
Arrietty
[name]Arliss[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Azure[/name]

[name]Arista[/name]: I like this on premise, but for some reason it feels off. Maybe it keeps making me think of barista?
Aralynn: I think this is really pretty in sound, but I don’t like how it looks. Maybe Auralin or Auralyn?

My suggestions: [name]Anise[/name], [name]Anais[/name], [name]Ashby[/name], [name]Avril[/name], [name]Aura[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Annalise[/name], Anubis, [name]Astrid[/name]

Best of luck!

Thanks everyone! This is a hard one!

I’m surprised no-one’s suggested [name]Avery[/name]. It fits perfectly with [name]Auburn[/name] and [name]Aspen[/name].

I would suggest [name]Autumn[/name] but it’s way too similar to [name]Auburn[/name].

I second [name]Avalon[/name]. Also I would add [name]Athena[/name]. I think you need something a little more unusual and these should be easy to spell too.

Thanks for the help! [name]Avery[/name] was one of my top picks, but the hubs nixed it because of who it reminds him of. I love [name]Arwen[/name], but my (currently terminal heart patient) mother, whom I’m really close to, HATES it. It basically the only name she gave a firm opinion on.

After another 24 hours of discussion, here we sit.

Hubby’s top choices : [name]Anabelle[/name] and [name]Annaliese[/name]
My top choices (today -seem to change frequently): Annesley or [name]Adley[/name]
My mom’s top choice - [name]Annika[/name]

In my opinion, hubs names are waayyy to feminine to fit in with [name]Auburn[/name] and [name]Aspen[/name].
He says both Annesley is too feminine, but he seems to be on the fence with either [name]Adley[/name] or [name]Annika[/name]
I think I could convince him to like [name]Adley[/name] if I got the right middle name…?!

What do y’all think? Thanks for the input!! I really appreciate it!

I like [name]Annaliese[/name] but agree it is much more feminine than the others. Then again, I would not be too fussed about that as each child is different and you are in a different place in your life.

For less frilly names though, how about [name]Audrey[/name]? My good friend just named her daughter that and i think it is cute at varying ages and not too frilly, and similar to your others-though not as unusual. I like [name]Annika[/name] but that seems too feminine too.
[name]Ainsley[/name] might be an option ( I am not in love with it but it seemed to fit the bill-maybe?)

Yeah, I wasn’t in love with [name]Ainsley[/name] either, but, your right, it “fits”. I preferred the Annesley (ann sound vs. ain’t sound) but hubs insists either pronunciations is a boys name.

I’ll have to give [name]Audrey[/name] some thought. Thanks!! I guess I’m just waiting for the “you just know” moment, like I had with my first two :).

I think [name]Arista[/name] would go better. Aralynn seems to lack substance to me.

I hope you get an ah-ha moment and find the name! You know from my other post i really struggled with that. I think [name]Autumn[/name] is nice but too matchy, I actually think [name]Amber[/name] matches but might sound a little too strip-club? Although I know a little [name]Amber[/name] so that is not what comes to mind when I think of t he name now.

Thanks!! I hope so too. HA! [name]Amber[/name] is where it all started because that is my name!! :slight_smile: My hubs thought it would be fun to give any future girls “A” names and any future boy “T” names (he’s [name]Thomas[/name]). Only he didn’t bargain on only getting girls!!

My name is [name]Amber[/name], too! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Arista[/name], [name]Albany[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name], but I don’t like Aralynn.

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Ara[/name]
Aven
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Axelle[/name]
[name]Amery[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the idea of [name]Audrey[/name].

[name]Just[/name] in case, here are some suggestions for non frilly girls A-names (sorry for any repeats)

Sisters [name]Auburn[/name], [name]Aspen[/name] and…

[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Aletta[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]
[name]Axelle[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]

I know a girl named [name]Atlee[/name], that’s similar to [name]Adley[/name] and maybe your DH will like it better? Some other names I thought of…

[name]Afton[/name]
[name]Annis[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Asha[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Aberdeen[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Avis[/name]
Alaska

Other A names that came to mind:

[name]Alabama[/name]
[name]Alchemy[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Arizona[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Audrina[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]

[name]Acadia[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Adalaide[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Abagail[/name]

I think that [name]Adley[/name] is really cute!