Stuck between 2 Names - Help!

My husband and I just found out we are having a girl! We are so excited and are trying to pick between two names. Our son’s name is [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and we want a name that sounds complimentary to his. Here are our top two; please pick your favorite!!! Thanks : )
[name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
or
[name]Sienna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Honestly…I don’t think that either of those stand up to [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]…

Maybe [name]Evangeline[/name] instead of [name]Angelina[/name]?

I really like [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]:slight_smile:

[name]Maximus[/name] seems totally different from [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name]. But of the two I like the combo or [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] better. Paired with [name]Maximus[/name], though - of the two - I’d go with [name]Angelina[/name], but the mn doesn’t flow as well as [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] does.

I think definitely [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Sienna[/name] is not as substantial, and doesn’t stand up to [name]Maximus[/name].

[name]Maximus[/name] is such a strong and interesting name, I honestly don’t think either of the girls names quite “fit” with it.

Would you consider other names or are you set on the two you have chosen?

They’re beautiful names, they just don’t go with [name]Maximus[/name]- its such a cool name!

I don’t think either are really ideal. I like the flow of [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] best, but it honestly doesn’t fit with [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] at all! It is far too trendy…

[name]Evangelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] combines elements of both names, and I think it sounds excellent with [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]. You could call her [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evie[/name], [name]Eve[/name], or [name]Lia[/name]! So pretty!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Angelina[/name]! [name]How[/name] about [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?

Another vote for [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Rose[/name]–[name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is quite a mouthful and has the repeated “een” sounds, but [name]Sienna[/name] is really a pretty insubstantial first name. If you really like [name]Sienna[/name], maybe [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Sienna[/name]?

I like [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] especially with your son’s name!

Thank you! I appreciate all feedback - I am so happy with my son’s name that I want hers to be equally as lovely! I am open to other names, however it may help to know that [name]Angelina[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are all names of amazing women in our family…One is still alive and the other 2 would be paying tribute to their memory and impact on our lives. [name]Sienna[/name] I like b/c we have a very Italian last name, and also a lot of people call my son [name]Max[/name] and I like the simplicity of [name]Max[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name]. Still confused : )

You may want to consider spelling [name]Sienna[/name] with one n… [name]Siena[/name], which is the Italian spelling.

I agree that the names you have selected are simply not as outstanding as your son’s name, but I do think it’s a wonderful thing to honor people in your family. I also want to add that [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sort of rhymes (I can’t help but hear [name]Angeline[/name] [name]Josephina[/name]), so I don’t think that’s the best option.’

The names of people you want to honor have some great variations.
For [name]Josephine[/name],
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Jobina[/name]
[name]Joelle[/name]

For [name]Rose[/name],
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]

For [name]Angelina[/name],
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
(or other [name]Anna[/name] variations - even [name]Johanna[/name] could be used to honor [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Angelina[/name])

My vote would be for [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]!

A name like [name]Maximus[/name] brings to mind girls’ names like [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Olympia[/name]/[name]Olimpia[/name], [name]Lavinia[/name], [name]Gaia[/name], [name]Lucrezia[/name]…of [name]Angelina[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] I prefer [name]Sienna[/name]/[name]Siena[/name].

Some other ideas…

[name]Aurora[/name], [name]Benedetta[/name] (nn [name]Etta[/name]?), [name]Argenta[/name], [name]Faustina[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Honora[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Livia[/name], [name]Marcella[/name], [name]Oriana[/name], [name]Renata[/name], [name]Selena[/name] (I prefer the Italian pronounciation Seh-leh-nah), [name]Verena[/name], [name]Viviana[/name]

[name]Angelina[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] definitely gets my vote. It has enough ‘oomph’ to match [name]Maximus[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and has a beautiful flow as well. [name]Sienna[/name] [name]Rose[/name] feels largely covered up by [name]Maximus[/name]. [name]Sienna[/name] feels trendy, the opposite of classic [name]Max[/name], and [name]Rose[/name] is very popular, in contrast to the less popular [name]Christopher[/name]. I think [name]Angie[/name]/[name]Lina[/name] and [name]Max[/name] make an adorable pair!

In that case, I would use [name]Angelina[/name] over [name]Sienna[/name]. And use [name]Rose[/name] as the mn, not [name]Josephine[/name].

Have you considered using [name]Josephine[/name] as a first name? It offers great nicknames that I think would work with [name]Max[/name].

[name]Max[/name] and [name]Josie[/name]
[name]Max[/name] and [name]Posy[/name]

I think [name]Rose[/name] could work too! [name]Max[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosie[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a thought! Your other names are great too.

I really like [name]Angelina[/name] but am nervous about the [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] associations… but if you dont care- thats a great name! I would pick something different for the middle though as the ‘ina’ and then the ‘ine’ sounds repetitive to me. A one syll middle name would be just beautiful with [name]Angelina[/name]

Another vote for [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Arabella[/name] also springs to mind.

[name]SIENNA[/name] has my vote! It’s a lovely name and I think there will be fewer in the classrooms than [name]Angelina[/name].