Stuck on a Middle Name

My husband and I are expecting our first in early fall (!!!), and we’ll soon find out the gender. We are stuck on our girl name, however. We love [name]Natalie[/name], and will definitely use this as a first name for our baby girl, but we are torn between the names [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are family names, so both are special to us - we simply can’t decide which name flows better. Our family doesn’t want to sway us either way, so we’d love to hear your thoughts (polite please!) Our last name begins with a D, so all initials will work. Thank you in advance!!

[name]Natalie[/name] is pretty! I think both [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] are pretty, but, for me, [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] flows a little bit better.

Good luck!

I agree with ash! Although it might depend on what your last name is - if its sounds overlap a lot with [name]Jane[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] might be better, or if the sounds are closer to [name]Pearl[/name], that might make [name]Jane[/name] even nicer. Either way you have a solid, lovely name : D. If you are planning on other kids, you might think about if there is a clear contendor for the next girl name (although obviously this stuff changes, you like one thing one year and when the next child arrives taste has changed : D). If there is, does it go clearly better with [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name]? If so, that might help you decide for little [name]Natalie[/name].

Good luck!

I think [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] works better. If [name]Pearl[/name] runs into D___ it might sound like “pearled.” Not sure if that’s even a word.

I like [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] is nice but Natallie [name]Pearl[/name] sounds special to me, love it. :slight_smile:

I would go with [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

I quite like [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] :slight_smile:

Fwiw, my name is [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Jean[/name] so they’re both pretty similar.