stumped on girl names........

I really love your son’s name, Rosypoesy. While [name]Beckett[/name] is a part of the “last-names-as-first-names” trend, it feels very distinguished to me, much like [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Everett[/name], plus it’s fun to say. :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name]: One of my favorite names, I love how its meaning honors your grandpa. I can see [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] as siblings.
:slight_smile:

[name]Willa[/name]: I love this name, too, and while it has [name]Reed[/name]'s ties to nature, I think I can better see [name]Georgia[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name].

[name]Harper[/name]: While it’s a surname, it’s a trendy surname to me. Some surnames/unisex names I can see with [name]Beckett[/name]:

[name]Maisie[/name]: I think [name]Maisie[/name] is very sweet, but [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Bay[/name] sounds too long A heavy to me.

I can better see [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name] than [name]Viola[/name], but both names end in a T.

If you like [name]Molly[/name], you may also like [name]Polly[/name]. Here’s what [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote:

“An alternative to the no-longer-fresh [name]Molly[/name], the initial P gives it a peppier sound, combining the cozy virtues of an old-timey name with the bounce of a barmaid.”

The P could honor [name]Pete[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you !:slight_smile:

i’m liking maisie bay. i have a really strong connection to the word bay. and when i saw that as a middle name it just really spoke to me. my DH proposed to me on a cliff overlooking the monterey bay, and i have many wonderful memories of my grandparents in monterey bay too. it just feels “right”.

i do [name]LOVE[/name] both harper and willa. but harper bay just doesn’t flow. harper anne would work to honor [name]MIL[/name] (her mn). and willa bay…willa jane…i like a lot. maybe i can convince DH!

I think we were posting at the same time. :slight_smile: To add to my above post, I think that [name]Bay[/name] is great name to honor your grandpa’s memory. From this list, I really love the combos of [name]Willa[/name] [name]Bay[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. :slight_smile:

Take care!

I think we were posting at the same time. :slight_smile: To add to my above post, I think that [name]Bay[/name] is great name to honor your grandpa’s memory. From this list, I really love the combos of [name]Willa[/name] [name]Bay[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. :slight_smile:

Take care![/quote]

I prefer [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but I understand and appreciate your connection to [name]Bay[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Bay[/name] sounds like [name]Willoughby[/name] to me, which is a bit of a bother…

I know that this is sort of a naming no-no, but will this be your last child? I can see another boy in your family being something like [name]Landon[/name] [name]Bay[/name] [name]Chancellor[/name], if you have another boy, which frees you up to use [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] for a little girl…

I like your associations with [name]Bay[/name] and think it works great in the middle with a lot of first names.
[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Bay[/name] - two long a sounds, but I think has the spirit you want
[name]Molly[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Bay[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name] - I can see [name]Penelope[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name]. She’s a little more formal but the nn [name]Poppy[/name] brings her in line with [name]Beckett[/name]'s playfulness.
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Bay[/name] - not really liking the flow of this one

[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]

I have to say, with a wonderful name like [name]Aurora[/name] having such a strong family association, why look any further? I think [name]Aurora[/name] is your name!

we do like aurora. how does aurora bay sound? DH seems to like “simpler” names. he finds aurora hard to say and thinks a kid might have difficulty too. which i tend to agree. but the name is gorgeous! our other thought today was matilda bay. we both love the spunky-ness of matilda. i really want to use bay as a mn. so does aurora bay or matilda bay sound better??

I love [name]Aurora[/name] (as well as the potential [name]Rory[/name] nickname), and think that [name]Matilda[/name] is such a great name! :slight_smile: (Totally spunky…I agree!)

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Bay[/name] sounds gorgeous, romantic, and tranquil to me, while [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Bay[/name] sounds spunky. :slight_smile:

Good luck, Roseypoesy! :slight_smile:

oh i like the image of each name you provided jill!

ok…

aurora bay chancellor
matilda bay chancellor

am i the only one that thinks aurora is a totally different type/style of name than beckett?

Nope! I also think that [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] are different in style, yet for some reason, I can see them together, especially when I consider the [name]Rory[/name] nickname.

That said, I can better see [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Beckett[/name], I think the [name]Tillie[/name] and [name]Mattie[/name] nicknames are so sweet.

I think of [name]Aurora[/name] as the epitome of romantic names, and [name]Matilda[/name] as the poster child for spunky names, so depending on which feel you’re going for, I think you’ve got two great choices. :slight_smile:

Have a great night! :slight_smile:

My daughter’s name is [name]Ivy[/name]. And I’m considering [name]Georgia[/name] for the new baby, partially because I love the sound of it, and partially because my grandpa was also a farmer and I think it’s a sweet tribute! Since we obviously have similar taste, lol A few others I’m considering are: [name]Cora[/name], [name]Journey[/name], [name]Alizabeth[/name] and Brendolyn (all over the place, I know!)

[name]How[/name] about [name]May[/name] [name]June[/name]?
:slight_smile: