Suggestions for a potential third favourite!

I haven’t made a thread for this in a long time because I feel like I’ve seen every name under the sun and nothing ever clicks, so it always ends up feeling like a waste of everyone’s time and engery. However, it has been a while, so hopefully something will stick.

Lately, I’ve been considering the idea that I may end up with three of the same gender. I was always focused on what I’d prefer, but it just hit me that I may not/probably won’t get that, even though I of course knew intellectually :sweat_smile: Anyways, I only have a top two for each gender. I did have three, but those kind of fell off maybe 2/3 years ago. The biggest issue is that I feel so connected to my top names that nothing else touches them. There are actually some girl names that I think are prettier than my top names, but they’re just not my “kids” name. still hypothetical obviously, but I’ve spent so much time thinking about it the past 4/5 years that I just can’t picture possibly calling them anything else.

I don’t want the normal suggestions you’d give based off my style. I’ve been through all of those 10,000 times over (honestly, probably more than that) and none of them are right. I would preferably like suggestions that wouldn’t feel too out of place with my names, but again, aren’t ones you’d normally suggest for me. Length does (unfortunately) matter to me. For example, [name_u]Asa[/name_u]’s a lovely name, but it just looks too short next to my names for me (it’s also not right, I was just using it as an example). Also, preferably no names starting with the same letter or ending with the same sound as any of my top names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] forever loves:

1. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (the middle isn’t set here)
  1. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

Names I’ve had as my #3 choice in the past or have strongly considered for that spot:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - no longer a fan
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - no longer a fan. I rarely allow names to get ruined for me, but this one did :confused: Also too short, though I was doing my best to overlook that.
[name_u]August[/name_u] - instead of [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]’s middle
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] - just okay.
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] - too close to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], also just okay to me.
Mil0 - too short, too different in style. Also doesn’t feel right and it’s the name of the baby I nanny (well, before covid)
Maxwell - I don’t know, something just throws me off with Maxwell. Absolutely adore Max, tho!

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] - my #3 for a long time. Again, names rarely get ruined for me, but here’s another one that did.
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - no longer a fan
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - Honestly, I probably would have this as my #3, but it bothers me that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] also has a prominent ‘bee’ sound in it.
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - I don’t know why, but this one just isn’t a first name when I think of my future kids. I love it as a first name for everyone else, tho :joy:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - too short and it’s just okay to me now.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - probably the prettiest girl name in exsistence, imo! Why is it not my top girl name, you ask? I don’t know lol :rofl: [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]’s just … right. It’s my “daughters” name (who doesn’t exist lol). I wouldn’t use them as sisters because of their endings sounding the same.
India - feels too different
Zara - too short and feels too different

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a random side note: it’s really interesting because I’m not really into fem names in general. They’re okay, just not my style, but [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] are all very feminine borderline frilly names :joy: As are some other names I’ve considered for #3 already. I typically go for sleeker names, but it would just feel soo out of place with my others. And my boy name taste tends to be more trendy, although I feel like that’s kind of hard to avoid with boy names since there’s way less of them, comparatively speaking.

Thank you for reading through all that, if you did! You deserve a medal :joy::medal_sports: Thank you so much for any and all suggestions!

(edited because I had forgotten a few names I’ve considered)

ooh this is exciting, I really love your name style!! Your names feel pretty British to me personally. I’ll try and give you some suggestions, sorry if you’ve heard these all before:
boys-
• [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], I think this looks lovely with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and ‘[name_u]Theo[/name_u]’ ‘[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]’ and ‘[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]’ sound adorable together. I though maybe [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]?

• [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], I like the nn [name_m]Nate[/name_m] and I think this sounds really nice with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought of a middle would be [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]?

• [name_m]Jenson[/name_m], not necessarily your style but it’s very popular in [name_f]England[/name_f] and sort of fits that vibe to me. [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] or [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] spring to mind.

girls-
• [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], I once knew sisters called [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] so whenever I hear [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] I think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. Its sweet and feminine but not too frilly imo. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are my first thoughts.

• [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], I love this name so much and think it goes really well with your other choices. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] are really beautiful imo xx

• [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], maybe not quite your style but I think it fits your vibe nicely. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] or [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]??

hope this helps xx

2 Likes

You seem to have a penchant for a good ‘o’ sound in your list, so whilst I am sure i can’t offer anything you haven’t heard before, maybe you could lean into that and investigate a bit…

Theodore, [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] & [name_m]Morris[/name_m]

Phoebe, [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] & [name_f]Lotta[/name_f]

Am sure you will find the perfect solution if the time comes, but your current names are all lovely.

1 Like

First off all, your favourites are all gorgeous! I’ll try my best to inspire you but I apologise in advance as I’ve broken lots of your rules – most of these were just random thoughts! I just suggested pretty much any name that came to me in the hopes that something would jump out :slight_smile:

Remy
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Roger[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
Hareton
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Emilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Findlay[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]
[name_u]Bentley[/name_u]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
Fitzfoster
[name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Grover[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]

Thomasina/Thomasin
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabina[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]/Honora
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Caterina[/name_f]/Katarina
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]
[name_f]Yara[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Clea[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleif[/name_f]
[name_f]Margalo[/name_f]
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Vivien/Vivienne
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]/Sibyl
[name_f]Sibylla[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Henriette[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Margosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Sappho[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_u]Flannery[/name_u]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Kirrily[/name_f]
[name_f]Aziza[/name_f]
[name_f]Evolet[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaia[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you all! I’ll try and get back with you on which names I like in a bit! :sparkles::sparkles: