Suggestions for Brennan and Gavin's baby brother

Hello,
I have been searching for months for a name I love, but it’s been much harder with boy#3 and I still don’t know. Our short list contains [name]Finn[/name] or [name]Finnegan[/name] and [name]Jameson[/name]. We also love [name]Brooks[/name] but a close family member is named that already and is going to name his son that as well… I would love all your thoughts on my very short list and any other suggestions. Thank you!

I really like all those names, and they all fit well. I think [name]Finnegan[/name] fits the best. It has the nn of [name]Brennan[/name], g of [name]Gavin[/name], and short vowel sounds of both, but has three syllables to stand out. [name]Finn[/name] does something similar but ties less with [name]Gavin[/name] and I think I like the 2, 2, 1, syllable combo less than 2, 2, 3. [name]Jameson[/name] sounds more generally distinct, which could be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it. But it also sounds more English and less Celtic, even though I know it has some Celtic connections.

[name]Lorcan[/name] was actually what immediately came to mind to me. [name]Logan[/name] would fit too although I like it less, but lots of people love it and it’s a perfectly fine name. [name]Declan[/name] comes to mind too.

Good luck!

My husband likes [name]Declan[/name] but it doesn’t go well with our last name. What about [name]Rowan[/name]? Too girly?

I think [name]Rowan[/name] works on a boy. [name]Ronan[/name] is more boyish, but [name]Rowan[/name] to me is not too girly.

From your list I love [name]Jameson[/name].

Here are a few ideas in case you want some more inspiration

[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Trevor[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Vaughan[/name] [name]Eames[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name] [name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Kian[/name] [name]Finley[/name]
[name]Harry[/name] [name]Denzil[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]/[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Damian[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name] [name]Finley[/name]

rollo