Sukie for (Susannah)?

Thoughts on this combo? Best spelling for [name_f]Sukie[/name_f]? Thoughts on [name_f]Sukie[/name_f] itself?

Big brother is named [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] (short for [name_m]Malachi[/name_m])

Want a spunky name…

Thank you!

[name_u]Mickey[/name_u] and [name_f]Sukie[/name_f]… As long as these are just nicknames, this is adorable.

Though I am more fimiliar with the spelling [name_f]Suki[/name_f]. But if it’s short for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Sukie[/name_f] might make more sense. [name_f]Suki[/name_f] is a stand alone name. Then again, if it’s a nickname spelling isn’t a big deal.

And [name_f]Sukie[/name_f] is super spunky and cute!

I really like [name_f]Sukie[/name_f] for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]! [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] sound good together too.

Ya i don’t see why you couldn’t use [name_f]Sukie[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. It works. I prefer the [name_f]Suki[/name_f] spelling as it’s the way the Japanese first name is spelt. It means ‘loved one’ in Japanese - great meaning.

[name_f]Sukie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] actually has a history to it. In the nursery rhyme, [name_f]Polly[/name_f] put the kettle on, and [name_f]Sukey[/name_f] took it off again. [name_f]Polly[/name_f] was a nickname for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] from the days when so many little girls were given that name, it was impossible to keep them straight.

Another favorite nickname for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] of mine is [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f], aka [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]'s little daughter in “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It has a lot of charm and spunk as well. :slight_smile: HTH!

1 Like

I think it works – and even more so if the mn starts with a K. [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] is a great nickname too!

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Kateri[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Kirsten[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Kimber[/name_f]