Sunshine names

I’m looking for names with meanings related to sunshine or just kind of a sunny feeling. Any suggestions.

What comes to mind immediately are [name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name]/[name]Sonja[/name] nn [name]Sunny[/name], and [name]Susannah[/name] nn [name]Sunny[/name]. Spanish [name]Marisol[/name] (sea and sun), and [name]Soledad[/name] (which means solitude, but that first syl sounds like sol, sun)

But also…

From www.behindthename.com (great for searching by meaning)

Arevik - Armenian for like the sun
[name]Elanor[/name] - literary - Sindarin (a Tokein language) for “star sun” (interesting since I think [name]Eleanor[/name] is related to all the [name]Helen[/name]/light names)
[name]Eloise[/name] - often associated with [name]Helios[/name], Greek for sun, but this is probably not the etymology, it says
[name]Haruko[/name] - Japanese, sunlight child
Hina - Japanese, sunlight
Hinata - Japanese, sunflower
Khurshid - Persian, shining sun
Narantsetseg - Mongolian, sun flower
Saule - Lithuanian sun goddess
Savitri - Sanskrit, relating to the sun
[name]Sol[/name] - Spanish, French, sun
[name]Soleil[/name] - French for sun (not really used much in [name]France[/name] apparently)
[name]Solveig[/name] - Norwegian, sun strength
Suncana - Croatian, sunny
[name]Sunday[/name]
Sunniva - Norwegian, sun gift
[name]Sunshine[/name]
Tesni - Welsh, warmth from the sun
Uk - Korean, rising sun
Youko - Japanese, sunlight

[name]Summer[/name], [name]June[/name], Helina
[name]Samson[/name], [name]Sampson[/name]

I saw Sundew on a blog recently.

Not really sun related…but these names are so cheerful

[name]Sasha[/name] [name]Bree[/name] (sunshine breeze)
[name]Kadence[/name] [name]Jubilee[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

I like [name]Marisol[/name]! I also think that [name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name] would work…I think of those months/names as very sunny :-). I also kinda get a sunny feeling from flower names, like [name]Violet[/name]. Good luck!

My baby’s middle name is [name]Sunshine[/name], so I definitely think it’s a useable name. Also:
[name]Helena[/name]-bright shining one
[name]Lucia[/name]-[name]Light[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]-dawn
[name]Clara[/name]-[name]Bright[/name], clear
[name]Aurelia[/name]-[name]Gold[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] sounds cheerful

I have a Saule [name]Poppy[/name] and an [name]Ursa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Marigold[/name] is the sunniest of names to me. The flower even looks like a burst of sunlight. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Marisol[/name]/[name]Helena[/name]/[name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Eloise[/name]
Here are some other ones:
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Orlanda[/name]

I agree with pp…[name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Goldie[/name] is as [name]Sunny[/name] as it gets! [name]Clementine[/name] is also pretty sunny! I had [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Heidi[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] on my list at one stage… They are pretty sunny combos :slight_smile: [name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name] is another sun related name I love… She was goddess of the dawn! I actually love just [name]Sunny[/name] too or [name]Susannah[/name] nn [name]Sunny[/name]…

I get a sunny vibe from [name]Aviva[/name], [name]Umbrielle[/name] and [name]Freya[/name].

Completely agree! I adore [name]Marigold[/name].