Super's sister - Predictions

I definitely agree with everyone’s comments about Super Funk being kind of a lot for a name especially since his middle name is Capron. Super Capron Funk just doesn’t feel cohesive to me? It just sounds kind of choppy in my opinion. I am a huge fan of unique names but Super has always drove me a little cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs if you know what I mean :joy: My number one guess rn is Soleil because Rydel & Capron always like to reminds us that they met at the cirque du soleil and it does kind of pair well with everyone’s guess for Star. Though what are the chances they will use another word name/adjective since they did mention Serendipity & Wonder in their most recent YouTube video. Maybe something like Sassy or Shy? Lol. I’m a bit anxious to hear what they chose.

3 Likes

I could see them using Sugar or Sunshine (to go with this I also saw a suggestion on twitter of Sweetie)! I can also kind of see Smile after the R5 song. I can totally hear Super & Sunshine now though lol

1 Like

I also like Soul but not sure it would be something they would vibe with. Seems more like something her brothers would pitch and she would throw out (ik her brother Ross suggested Saturn to no avail). & honestly I find everything about the Funk’s bemusing. Definitely hoping for a more subtle name choice this time. I’m not saying it has to be something non unique just a bit more subtle (like other suggestions they have gotten - Star, Saige, Sable, even Snoopy, Silver, or Sunflower).

2 Likes

It has been confirmed as a girl so I’m going to put in my guess of Style!
Super and Style

1 Like

I’m thinking
Swannie or Symphony (since Rydel’s in a band, Symphony Funk sounds good to me)
Swan
Stevie
Scottie
Scout
Suri
Shanti
Sawyer
Silver / Silvie
Spencer
Sailor
Shimmer (like the show Shimmer & Shine)
Skyla
Sapphire or Safira
Serafina
Salem
Sora (Capron mentioned it a while ago)
Maybe Saelie or Saylie (instead of Zaylie)
Scotland
Stark
Shiloh
Skylyn
Sparrow
Sunset (maybe too close to Sunday/Sunny)
maybe its too much but… Song , again music themed, dont think Song Funk flows well but who knows

(they said is not Sky, Stella, Scarlett, Sunny or Sunday, Star, Starfire, Stormie) I hope they dont use Snow bc all I can think is president Snow from the hunger games (but shes from Colorado and they enjoy hockey and stuff so maybe they would use it… Snow Funk doesnt flow great to me tho)

Sister, Sister Funk, Super & Sister, Super and his sister Sister

1 Like

her brother Riker’s brother in law is in the band with them and he has a girl called [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] so maybe [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] its a little too close

1 Like

[name_f]Symphony[/name_f] is lovely :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] Funk

Rydel and her husband met at Cirque [name_f]Du[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is Rydel’s middle name (she’s said she wants to do family middle names)

5 Likes

now that she’s born i came back to say that i’m almost positive her name is [name_f]Strawberry[/name_f]! in their new video Rydel was talking about her strawberry shortcake cookie and Capron said “wink wink”! :))

ig now all we can do is play the waiting game until they actually reveal it haha

Super & [name_f]Strawberry[/name_f] is (imo) so cute if that is what they chose!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update :grin:

[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] Stormella

Is that your guess or official?

[name_f]My[/name_f] guess

I also am thinking [name_f]Strawberry[/name_f] might be it! If so, I love it!

Also wondering if her middle name might be related to Grease, since Rydel was named after the school in the movie, and with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] Newton-John’s recent passing, it would make a sweet tribute and connection to Rydel’s name! Also believe it’s [name_f]Stormie[/name_f] (Rydel’s mom)’s favourite movie :slight_smile:

[name_f]Strawberry[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] would be adorable :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

You were very close!

1 Like

For everyone who didn’t see - It’s [name_f]Sweetie[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] :candy:

[name_f]Sweetie[/name_f] apparently comes from Rydel’s nicknames from her mom, who calls her “sweet Rydel” or “sweet girl”. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is Rydel’s middle name, as well as both her and Capron’s maternal grandmother’s names.

I’m not the biggest fan of this name to be honest - it’s cute for a family nickname and a baby, but feels kind of patronising for a fully grown adult. But it’s nice that they honoured their families, they seem very happy with the name… and it’s not quite as on the nose as Super Funk!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update!

Imho, Super and [name_f]Sweetie[/name_f] feels misogynistic. I was worried that she’d pick a name like this, but held on hope she’d pick [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_f]Serenade[/name_f], or [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] which feels more neutral in “defining” the child as something with “passive femininity” :expressionless:

5 Likes

I agree! Maybe they didn’t mean it like that, but the implication that a son can be “Super” whereas a daughter will have to be a “Sweetie”… :grimacing:

5 Likes