Surfer/beach boys names please ,not long left to choose !

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] me and my partner only have 7 weeks left before our little boy comes along!, we have the name ‘chase’ in mind and ‘[name_u]Kelly[/name_u]’ and my surname is smith so will have to sound ok with that. Thanking you !

When I think surfer, I think of [name_m]Laird[/name_m], [name_u]Shane[/name_u], [name_u]Jace[/name_u], [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]…

[name_u]Chase[/name_u] is cute. I really prefer [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] for a girl though.

Other options -

[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Ryder[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_u]Dayton[/name_u]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m]

[name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] is a great name
Dh and I just had a talk about this. [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin [name_f]Kelli[/name_f] is spelled with an i obviously, he asked why and I told him because its more feminine since [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] is so unisex. He looked at me like I was crazy , asked me to name all the [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]'s I knew in real life and if they were boys or girls… Turns out all girls. There are noteworthy [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]'s that are male and lots of make Kels who I imagine are actually [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] that are famous in some wAy but he told me he feels like its rather uncommon for a boy and he thinks it leans toward feminine. I however feel its unisex but I always think of athletes when I think of a male [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]. So I’m not sure if that’s pro or con for that just thought i would mention it, was last week so it popped right into my head.

[name_u]Reid[/name_u]. [name_u]Slate[/name_u], [name_u]Tatum[/name_u], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], beck, [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_u]Blaine[/name_u], [name_u]Colby[/name_u], [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_m]Derek[/name_m], dirk, [name_m]Dax[/name_m], cass, [name_u]Casey[/name_u], [name_m]Kip[/name_m], [name_m]Dewey[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], grant, gage, hawk, [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], lance, lane, lake, lark, [name_m]Mack[/name_m], mark, mick,

[name_m]Mac[/name_m], north, neo, [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], perry, [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], quest, rafe, rio, Stratton, strider, [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], sal, [name_u]Vic[/name_u], [name_u]Wynn[/name_u], Zye, [name_u]Kye[/name_u], Kie, keeton… There are so many names that give off this vibe!

[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]! It is the perfect name for a beach boy.

1 Like

jasper julien trout swithin Hensley zev oren soren [name_m]Harlan[/name_m] [name_u]Leland[/name_u] arley josh harbor anchor grover [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] reef rory juniper [name_m]Hughie[/name_m] hugo simba bray hayes blaise [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] shale zinc buck cayman [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] markus trace dawson sully shade bardo barnabas bartleby nicabar atlas fenton

As a [name_u]California[/name_u] girl, when I hear “surfer” I think: [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m], [name_m]Boden[/name_m], [name_m]Bowie[/name_m], [name_m]Bowen[/name_m], [name_u]Bo[/name_u], [name_u]Bobby[/name_u], [name_u]Robby[/name_u], [name_m]Bob[/name_m], [name_m]Doug[/name_m], [name_m]Dougie[/name_m], [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m], [name_m]Ron[/name_m], [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u], [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_m]Tom[/name_m], [name_m]Tommy[/name_m].

Famous surfers: [name_u]Taj[/name_u], [name_m]Marzo[/name_m], [name_m]Slater[/name_m], [name_m]Noll[/name_m], [name_u]Shaun[/name_u], [name_m]Duke[/name_m],

Hawaiian names: [name_u]Kai[/name_u] (from the sea), [name_f]Kalani[/name_f] (I know 3 boys named [name_f]Kalani[/name_f]), [name_u]Loki[/name_u] (not Hawaiian but it fits), Haku (boss), Holokai (sea man)

Boys names that mean water: Fontane, Fontana, [name_m]Dax[/name_m], [name_m]Dover[/name_m], [name_u]Dillan[/name_u]

Honestly, every beach guy and surfer I have ever met speaks in his lowest octaves and somewhat nasally. That’s why I think of “oh” and “uh” names for beach/surfer dudes.

1 Like

[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m]

Guys I know who surf:
[name_m]Keith[/name_m]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Bryan[/name_m]
[name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]

Not sure if it’s been suggested yet or if you’d be into it but [name_m]Irwin[/name_m] is kind of unique and means “sea friend/sea lover”.

[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_u]Cody[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] ([name_u]Blaze[/name_u])

[name_u]Chase[/name_u] is perfect actually… chasin’ waves. :slight_smile:

I love the suggestions of [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Rafe[/name_u], and [name_m]Boden[/name_m]! I like [name_u]Chase[/name_u] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u]. They are sixties-esque surfer names… is that what your looking for? In that case {and sorry for any repeats}:

[name_m]Craig[/name_m]
[name_m]Troy[/name_m]
[name_u]Wade[/name_u]
[name_m]Keith[/name_m]
[name_m]Trent[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Cary[/name_u]
[name_u]Glenn[/name_u]
[name_m]Kirk[/name_m]

Coincidentally… Beach Baby Names Have Summer Spirit | Nameberry

For a boy, I like the spelling [name_u]Keighley[/name_u] which is pronounced similar but to me looks more masculine. [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] is fine, though. You could also use [name_u]Casey[/name_u] which is equally boy-girl unisex name. [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] sounds alright to me. Other names I think of when I think surfer are:
[name_m]Loch[/name_m] (which could be short for [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] or could come from the Scottish Gaelic word for “lake”)
[name_u]Cai[/name_u] (feels Hawaiian, sounds similar to the typographic name [name_f]Cay[/name_f])
[name_m]Beacan[/name_m] (Irish for “tiny one” but looks similar to beacon, nn option is [name_m]Bec[/name_m])
[name_m]Fischer[/name_m] (prefer this spelling over [name_m]Fisher[/name_m])
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] (means “fierce” in Irish, could be nn [name_u]Loki[/name_u] :D)
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]

I think a lot of Scottish names could work for your little surfer dude. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind [name_u]Chase[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m].
Not a big fan of [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] as a boy name personally. If [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] is in reference of [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_m]Slater[/name_m], I prefer [name_m]Slater[/name_m].

[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_m]Hurley[/name_m]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Hartley[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Duke[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Cain[/name_m]
[name_u]Ripley[/name_u]

[name_u]Chase[/name_u] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] are okay, but [name_u]Chase[/name_u] feels pretty dated to me, in the same realm as [name_u]Shane[/name_u]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] cool in the 90’s, maybe early 2000’s but it’s kind of over now. I get it, [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_m]Slater[/name_m], but eh. Still know maybe about 20 girls named [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] and still only know [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_m]Slater[/name_m] as the lone boy. I’d maybe choose [name_u]Slate[/name_u] or [name_m]Slater[/name_m] as a middle name over [name_u]Kelly[/name_u].

I like the suggestions of [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] and [name_m]Brody[/name_m]… those are 3 I immediately thought of as well. I also like [name_m]Keith[/name_m] and totally see that as a surfer name as well, but I could see how some people may see it as a little “dated,” but I think it’s rarely used and would be a cool surprise. I feel the same way about [name_u]Dean[/name_u]. I love it.

I also really like [name_m]Reef[/name_m]. I know, it’s sort of bold, but I think it’s cool. I also love [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] (meaning “sea warrior”) and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] (meaning “little seal”).