Surname for a girl named Natalie

I’m planning a fanfiction story with a protagonist named [name]Natalie[/name], and she needs a surname.

She’s aged around 14, average height, has red hair, blue eyes, freckles and lightly tanned skin. The fandom I’m writing for is set in an alternative version of the real world, so I’d like something that isn’t too fantasy-ish.

I was thinking [name]Natalie[/name] Redhawk or [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Graham[/name], but I’m not sure about either of them. Any suggestions?

P.S. Middle names most likely don’t exist in this world, and if they do they’re not very important. So she doesn’t need a middle name.

It would be helpful if I knew her family background (even in an alternative world) but out of your options [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Graham[/name] sounds best. [name]Natalie[/name] Grix, [name]Natalie[/name] Cox, [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Birch[/name], or Natlie [name]Bird[/name] might be intresting.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

People from her birthplace tend to have normal English-sounding names, and a few [name]German[/name] ones too because it seems to be the equivalent of those two countries. But since it’s not the real world I’m not fussed about being 100% accurate.

If it helps at all, she comes from a family of 7 sisters. Their names, from eldest to youngest are:

[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]

I think you’d want to be more authentic with the surname so as to avoid the [name]Mary[/name]-Sueish vibe. For that reason I’d drop Redhawk, because to have Redhawk as a surname and “red hair” is a bit much. Otherwise [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Graham[/name] sounds great :slight_smile:

Some other surnames you can consider:
Hakanson, Appleford, Ramsbury, Lucassen, Arbuckle, [name]Lloyd[/name], Cahill, [name]Sinclair[/name], [name]Eames[/name], Sutherland, [name]Glover[/name], [name]Elwood[/name], Rampling, [name]Kirke[/name], Bath, [name]Flynn[/name], [name]Clemens[/name], Gammon, [name]McQueen[/name], [name]Moor[/name], Ekdahl, [name]Raymond[/name], [name]Wiley[/name], Birkenfeld, Smit

I think a name beginning with or containing an “L” would flow nicely off all the sisters names.

I agree that Redhawk is a bit much - it also sounds kind of rogue-ish and clashes with the elegant, classy first names. [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Graham[/name] sounds fine - Minisia has also made some great suggestions you might want to consider.

The sisters’ names are great, I’d like to suggest renaming [name]Talia[/name] though as it’s really close to [name]Natalie[/name].
In case you need some genuine [name]German[/name] surnames, feel free to ask, I’d be happy to help.

Oh, I’m still throwing names around in my head. The sisters’ names aren’t 100% set - though I want to keep [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] because they fit their respective characters really well.

[name]Natalie[/name] [name]Graham[/name] is great.

The sister’s names feel a touch mary-sueish though:
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]

I know you want to keep [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] which I think go together nicely. But [name]Miranda[/name] feels too much, and [name]Talia[/name] is just way too close to [name]Natalie[/name] in the same sibset. [name]Stella[/name] is fine though.