Surname is Watts

I have not even started to think of names for boys, but what do you think of the following names for girls. Can anyone help me with middle name combinations etc. I am a bit new to all of this, so any thoughts are much appreciated!! I suppose a surname like ‘Watts’ makes things a little easier! x x x

[name]Judy[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Dolores[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
Elladora
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]
[name]Dilys[/name]

I won’t get upset if you hate them!!!

[name]Hi[/name] there! I think Watts is a great last name! :slight_smile:

[name]Judy[/name]: I’d go with [name]Judith[/name], using [name]Judy[/name] as a nickname. :slight_smile: [name]Judith[/name] isn’t for me, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

[name]Judith[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] Watts
[name]Judith[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] Watts
[name]Judith[/name] [name]Rafaela[/name] Watts
[name]Judith[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] Watts

[name]Florence[/name]: I really like [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]. [name]Florence[/name] Watts sounds like [name]Florence[/name] Swats, though, so I’d personally go with [name]Flora[/name].

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] Watts
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] Watts
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] Watts
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] Watts
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] Watts

[name]Violet[/name]: I think [name]Violet[/name] is lovely, but a lot of your other names go better with Watts.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] Watts
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] Watts
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Esme[/name] Watts

[name]Maggie[/name]: I think [name]Maggie[/name] is a great nickname for [name]Margaret[/name], but I think [name]Maisie[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are even better!

[name]Mabel[/name]: I really like [name]Mabel[/name]!

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] Watts
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] Watts
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] Watts

[name]Daisy[/name]: A great nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]!

[name]Dolores[/name]: I’m really sorry, but I don’t care for [name]Dolores[/name]. [name]Lola[/name] is a cute nickname, though! What about [name]Dorothy[/name]?

[name]Simone[/name]: I really love [name]Simone[/name], but for some reason, I’m not liking it with Watts.

[name]Eliza[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Mabel[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] Watts (only if you’re a fan of double W’s, though!)

Elladora: I’ve not heard this name before, but it feels too “invented” to me. What about [name]Isadora[/name] or [name]Eleanora[/name]?

[name]Enid[/name]: I’m not a fan of [name]Enid[/name]. :frowning: What about [name]Edith[/name]?

[name]Lilith[/name]: I like [name]Lilith[/name], but I’m having a hard time saying it with Watts. What about [name]Lillian[/name]?

[name]Ivy[/name]: [name]Ivy[/name]'s okay…

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Simona[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Isadora[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] Watts

[name]Myrtle[/name]: Whenever I hear [name]Myrtle[/name], I can’t help but think of Girdle. :frowning:

[name]Dilys[/name]: I do like this name, but names ending in S make Watts sound like Swats.

Other names you may like:
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] (nn [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]

I really love so many of your names, but I’m going to pick [name]Eliza[/name] as my favorite. :slight_smile: I think names with three and four syllables sound fantastic with Watts.

Best wishes to you!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!!! I loved reading your ideas. I never thought of the ‘s’ at the end of the name - but it seems so obvious now! You are so spot on with some of your other observations. For example - [name]Simone[/name] is a name after my friend, rather than I name I actually ‘love’ so it does not seem to flow as well as the others. I love [name]Winifred[/name] Watts - that was actually on my list but I forgot to add it! I also wanted ‘Ware’ as a middle name if possible (after my grandad) - so that also seems to fit with your ideas! Thanks again… I am going to have another read of your reply now! x

You’re so welcome! I’m certain that more people will be along to help you find the perfect name for your baby. :slight_smile: You have so many great names from which to choose, and it was a lot of fun to help!

The actress [name]Naomi[/name] Watts’ name sounds so pretty! I love that name. I think Watts sounds nice with a first name that has at least three syllables.
[name]Iona[/name] Watts
[name]Gemma[/name] Watts - [name]Gemma[/name] only has two syllables, but I like it with Watts.
[name]Simona[/name] Watts
[name]Serena[/name] Watts
[name]Hermione[/name] Watts nn [name]Hermie[/name] Watts - this is really cute!
[name]Daphne[/name] Watts
[name]Laurenza[/name] Watts
[name]Calandra[/name] Watts nn [name]Callie[/name] Watts
[name]Theresa[/name] Watts nn [name]Tessa[/name] Watts or just plain [name]Tessa[/name] Watts
[name]Rosalind[/name] Watts or [name]Rosamond[/name] Watts
[name]Lorelei[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name] Watts - like [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls
[name]Georgiana[/name] nn [name]Georgie[/name] Watts
[name]Genevieve[/name] Watts
Marseilles ([name]Mar[/name]-[name]SAY[/name]) Watts - thought of this place name the other night. Different.
[name]Dolores[/name] Watts nn [name]Lola[/name] Watts - I know, [name]Dolores[/name] is out of style, but I love it!
[name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name] Watts
[name]Melina[/name] Watts

I really like [name]Iona[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], and [name]Daphne[/name].

I love [name]Hermione[/name] Watts - but…damn that [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]!!!

I love [name]Hermione[/name] Watts - but…damn that [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]!!![/quote]
See what [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] have to say about [name]Hermione[/name] on “check out a name”.

[name]Hi[/name] Dinks! I was thinking about your names today, and I realized that names ending in TH make Watts sound like Thwatts to me!

Also, if you wanted to use the name Ware (or the names ending in S or TH), I was thinking you may consider using two middle names to improve the flow of Ware and to hide the Swatts and Thwatts. :slight_smile:

For example:

[name]Viola[/name] Ware [name]Evangeline[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Dilys[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] Watts

I also want to suggest [name]Henrietta[/name] Watts (nn [name]Hattie[/name]). :slight_smile:

I like best from your list
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]

I think [name]Myrtle[/name] is gorgeous :slight_smile:

Suggestions (sorry if I repeat any)
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Thomasina[/name]
[name]Queenie[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Ophelie[/name]

[name]Judy[/name]- a little boring
[name]Florence[/name]- i can’t decide if I like it or not, I think so.
[name]Violet[/name]- love [name]Violet[/name], but with Watts, all I think of is ultraviolet light.
[name]Maggie[/name]- great as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]- one of my faves! SO cute!
[name]Daisy[/name]- again, great as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name], maybe you should consider [name]Margaret[/name], because then you’d have both : )
[name]Dolores[/name]- Like it for nicknames [name]Doe[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]. Hmm, at first I didn’t like it, but the more I think of it, it’s really growing on me. [name]Dolores[/name] Watts sounds cute to me!
[name]Simone[/name]- I really dislike [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name].
Elladora- looks made up, but it does have a pretty sound.
[name]Enid[/name]- nah
[name]Lilith[/name]- I prefer [name]Lilac[/name] or [name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]- I used to HATE [name]Ivy[/name], but now I really love it. Something so sweet and pretty about her.
[name]Myrtle[/name]- no
[name]Dilys[/name]- really no.

So my favorites are [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Dolores[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name].

[name]Mabel[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] Watts
[name]Eliza[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] Watts
[name]Margaret[/name] Watts nn [name]Maggie[/name] Watts or [name]Daisy[/name] Watts

Ok, I think these are all nice with you last name, but I think I love [name]Dolores[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name] Watts, and [name]Ivy[/name] Watts the most. As for middle names, would you like to use names on this list, or do you have family names to use, or just looking for something that sounds nice? I’ll pretend you’re looking for something that sounds nice.

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Mae[/name] Watts or [name]Ivy[/name] [name]May[/name]- I think it sounds good, but maybe doesn’t look right. I think [name]Ivy[/name] needs a long middle name.
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Watts- this would be my pick, I really like it!
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Coraline[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] Watts
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] Watts

[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Faye[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Mae[/name] Watts- so vintage and sweet!
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Clover[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Emily[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] Watts- this is my favorite!
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Melody[/name] Watts
[name]Dolores[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] Watts

My last name is [name]Watt[/name]–no S–so, very similar, and I always wished my parents had given me a rather longer first name (mine is [name]Sydney[/name]) to balance out my one-syllable last name; just something for you to keep in mind.

[name]Judy[/name]–I’ve never been a [name]Judy[/name] person. I admire [name]Judy[/name] [name]Garland[/name], but if you’re perhaps influenced by her, I would choose [name]Garland[/name] over this. [name]Judith[/name], however, has grown on me. I used to hate -ith names, but [name]Judith[/name] (if you think this is stuffy, I prefer the nicknames [name]Jude[/name], [name]Jud[/name], Dithy, & Ditty), [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Edith[/name], and [name]Lilith[/name] are all quite pretty, even if I still can’t hold myself to like [name]Meredith[/name]. [name]Even[/name] as [name]Judith[/name], though, this name isn’t a favorite of mine with Watts.

[name]Florence[/name]–what a pretty name! Quite old-fashioned, and [name]Flora[/name] is a beautiful nickname. I think [name]Florence[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] Watts sounds like such a sophisticated, British-esque name.

[name]Violet[/name]–I prefer this name as [name]Violette[/name], [name]Violeta[/name], or [name]Violetta[/name], and I think those last two would go better with your surname. [name]Violetta[/name] Watts “[name]Viola[/name]” is gorgeous. I even then the two double T’s look good. Other V names with a similar feel are [name]Verena[/name], [name]Venetia[/name], [name]Vienna[/name], and [name]Vivienne[/name] ([name]Vienna[/name] could even be a nickname for Vivienna).

[name]Maggie[/name]–this seems to be growing popular with [name]Margaret[/name]. I, myself, would much rather choose [name]Marguerite[/name] “[name]Mamie[/name]”, which has a much more interesting and less harsh sound to me.

[name]Mabel[/name]–this name is absolutely charming. [name]Mabel[/name] Watts, even with [name]Mabel[/name] only two syllables, is quite a combo.

[name]Daisy[/name]–I think there are many better flower names than [name]Daisy[/name]. I was never very pulled towards it. I would encourage [name]Poppy[/name], but [name]Poppy[/name] Watts sounds like Poppycock.

[name]Dolores[/name]–another name I’ve never much liked. Perhaps you’d like [name]Dorothea[/name], “[name]Dora[/name]/[name]Thea[/name]”?

[name]Eliza[/name]–a pretty name as a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name] a=or as just a name by itself. Another more romantic and less-used alternative is [name]Elsie[/name].

Elladora–I agree with previous posters about this sounding made up. Sure, it has a nice flow, but one or the other would work just fine (examples: [name]Eleonora[/name] “[name]Ella[/name]”, [name]Feodora[/name] “[name]Dora[/name]”).

[name]Enid[/name]–this name doesn’t even sound clunky-nerd-chic to me. I would surpass it for one of your better names.

[name]Lilith[/name]–ahh, how pretty! I like this name, as well as the similar [name]Lilias[/name] that you might consider.

[name]Ivy[/name]–simplistic, but not dull. Classic, but not over-used. This name has it all. I’m leaning towards the combo [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Philippa[/name] Watts–it just all sounds very complimentive to me.

[name]Myrtle[/name]–a risky choice. Either she will be the coolest of the cool with this name or the weirdest of the weird. I wouldn’t use it with Watts, but it might work.

[name]Dilys[/name]–[name]Dilys[/name]?? I can’t say that I think I will ever like this name. [name]Ever[/name].

I think you have a lot of nice names in here, even if I’m not a fan of all of them. I’m interested to see which will come out as yout number one!

I love [name]Violet[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Enid[/name], and [name]Myrtle[/name] from your list.

I think [name]Enid[/name] would work best in the middle with a longer, more feminine name in first place. I don’t think [name]Myrtle[/name] works with Watts, but how about [name]Myrtice[/name]? [name]Daisy[/name] would be best as a nn with Watts because it is too short with a short last name. [name]Violet[/name] Watts would be pretty if you found a great mn.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Florence[/name] [name]Enid[/name] Watts or [name]Judith[/name] [name]Myrtice[/name] Watts or [name]Violetta[/name] [name]Myrtice[/name] Watts ?

I kept thinking about [name]Dilys[/name] after reading this post. I still am unsure about pronunciation. Is is Dill-is or Dil-leece?

It makes me think of [name]Delia[/name], which I think is quite lovely. Maybe something you could consider as an option.

[name]Delia[/name] Watts sounds great! Maybe [name]Delia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] Watts?

[name]Judy[/name] - I’m just not partularly fond of the sound of this one … it reminds me of rude, but that may well just be me.
[name]Florence[/name] - a classic.
[name]Violet[/name] - absolutely beautiful.
[name]Maggie[/name] - this is cute, but I think it needs to be a nn for something (traditionally, [name]Margaret[/name]).
[name]Mabel[/name] - unusual and lovely.
[name]Daisy[/name] - cute.
[name]Dolores[/name] - I’m not fond of the sound of this one …
[name]Simone[/name] - nice, but perhaps a little dated.
[name]Eliza[/name] - a classic, although personally I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name].
Elladora - beautiful! I love this one.
[name]Enid[/name] - nice, but very abrupt and lacking in nn options.
[name]Lilith[/name] - it makes me think the person who is saying it has a lisp … I think there are prettier [name]Lily[/name] variations you could consider, such as [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lillias[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name].
[name]Ivy[/name] - I adore this one.
[name]Myrtle[/name] - not the most pleasant sound, to me.
[name]Dilys[/name] - I am not at all fond of this one.

My favourites are :
[name]Ivy[/name]
Elladora
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name].

Some favourite combinations :
Elladora [name]Violet[/name]
Elladora [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Some more you may like :
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
Contessa
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name].

Good luck!

just wanted to mention that when I read [name]Maggie[/name] (like so many others, I love this as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name]), all I could think of with your last name was ‘Mega Watts’

That made me giggle over my porridge! I see what you mean! Maybe [name]Maggie[/name] will be out for me. I am still really stuck on names… I still love [name]Mabel[/name], but am worried about its growing popularity! x x

I would not use any of them although they are popular right now.

I would prefer [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Kate[/name])
[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Bec[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Melissa[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]

What great names to work with!

My [name]Favorite[/name] combos:
[name]Florence[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Judith[/name]

[name]Judy[/name]