Surprise gender baby is here!

Our firstborn baby is here! We were able to keep the gender a surprise the whole pregnancy, even after a few close calls at doctor’s visits. The labor eventually ended in a c-section, but they still let my husband announce the gender when the baby was born which made the experience special and sweet.

They told my husband to stand up and look over the curtain and he said, “I think it’s a girl!” And the surgeon said, “yes, it’s a girl.” :joy: I guess the umbilical cord looked a little confusing for a moment. I immediately started bawling from happiness (and relief that my 50+ hour labor was over) and just started saying “It’s a girl? It’s a girl! It’s a girl?!” Over and over again out of shock. We were so surprised and happy.

Our sweet daughter is named Margaret Lynn, and we call her Maggie.

The name Margaret we just liked, and later found out my husband has ancestry with that name. Lynn is also an honor name. The meaning of the name together is “Pearl Lake.” We are both healthy and well and soaking up all the newborn snuggles we can.

77 Likes

congratulations!! beautiful name!!

1 Like

oh my gosh! what a lovely name, with a great meaning. congratulations, welcome, little maggie. :blossom:

2 Likes

Huge congratulations on your baby girl! She has a wonderful name, and I love that it holds a lot of meaning to you. I hope you are resting well now, mama! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations, and way to go! I cannot imagine what 50 hours of labor would be like :cold_sweat:
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

congrats ! such a lovely name

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations!! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Oh my goodness what a sweet birth story ! Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations! A beautiful name with a beautiful meaning!

1 Like

Congratulations! She has a gorgeous classic name :heartbeat:

1 Like

Congratulations!! What a stunning name with a stunning meaning - I absolutely love “pearl lake” :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations! What a lovely name!

1 Like

Oh, sweet [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]! I adore that name! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u], baby girl.

1 Like

welcome to the world, maggie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
what a gorgeous name, congratulations on your sweet little girl!!

1 Like

Congrats! [name_u]Love[/name_u] her name!

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name and birth story! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a beautiful story! I adore the name [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] 🩷

1 Like