Surrogacy/Egg Harvesting

We are considering gestational surrogacy as an option for starting our family. We have not undergone any of the starting procedures like embryo creation, and are at the very beginning of our journey.
I know it’s a bit of a long shot, but on the off chance that there are some berries that have used surrogates or even been surrogate moms, I would love to hear your story in all the details you are willing to share!
I would also love to hear from anyone that’s gone through the egg harvesting process and what that is like.

(We’ve done our base research on Surrogacy in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] at this point, from legal issues to cost.)
Thank you so much :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I’ve gone through IVF. It isn’t that bad. I had one cycle where I ended up with OHSS which was extremely unpleasant but the others were ok. I’m assuming you are going to a Canadian clinic? I’m not sure if some of them have the ability to use the twilight anesthesia that they do in the US but the one I went to didn’t so that was definitely somewhat painful. At the American clinics you are out so you don’t feel anything. I looked into surrogacy as well because I have had some scary births with hemorrhaging. I found Ukraine to be the best option. It is very affordable and has lots of surrogates available. [name_f]Canada[/name_f] seemed to confusing to me unless you had a friend or relative who was going to carry for you. :heart:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I have replied to posts on this same topic. If you search this forum for surrogacy, definitely you’ll find others’ replies !

Definitely definitely make and freeze the embryos first. That is the one step that should happen as soon as possible because time is never on our side. Both quality and yield diminish as time increases.

@Kibby

1 Like