Susannah ________?

Hello, all, I’m back! :o)

So after going over and over my old lists, tearing them up and looking at them from every possible angle, I keep coming back to [name]Susannah[/name]. Several people have said that they prefer it without the -h ending, but without the -h, it looks and feels incomplete to me. Sorry! :o) I love the flow of the name, I love the way it sounds with our last name (rhymes with [name]Hogan[/name]), and I love that it means ‘[name]Lily[/name]’ in Hebrew – my paternal grandmother’s middle name was [name]Lillian[/name]. I never knew her, but I’d like to keep that connection with my heritage since I wish I had known what my dad’s parents were like.

[name]Chris[/name] (SO) had suggested the combo [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mia[/name] a while ago, and I LOVED it… until I found out that [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mia[/name] is one main character in [name]Stephen[/name] [name]King[/name]'s ‘The Dark [name]Tower[/name]’ series. His favorite name for a boy? [name]Roland[/name]. Go figure. eye roll

I’m trying to come up with a combo that I really love… the only problem is that I don’t want the name to be too long for her to spell. LN is two syllables and is 8 letters long, and [name]Susannah[/name] is 9 letters long… so I feel like giving her a middle name that is longer would be a bad idea.

Here are some family member’s names I would like to honor (if possible):
[name]Lynn[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (my mother)
[name]Judith[/name] [name]Patricia[/name] (grandmother on mom’s side)
[name]Florence[/name] (both great-grandmothers on mom’s side)
Helwig, [name]Dodge[/name], [name]King[/name] (maiden names on both sides)
[name]Norma[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] (grandmother on dad’s side)
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Paul[/name] (grandfather on mom’s side)
[name]Franklin[/name] [name]Edmond[/name] (grandfather on dad’s side)

Personally, I love [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name], but worry that [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] Lastname is MUCH too long (25 letters) and the shorter [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Flora[/name] has an unattractive double -a ending. Would [name]Susannah[/name] [name]King[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] be too ‘boyish’? We are planning on using the nickname [name]Sunny[/name]; does that change things?

Thanks so much!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Grey[/name]!

I think [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name]” is perfect! I think, in your case, a two-syllable middle name is the way to go. I was going to suggest [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name],” to honor [name]Marie[/name], but [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] is darling! Keep in mind, she won’t be spelling out [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name]” too often - at least not when she is young and having spelling troubles! She’ll be writing [name]Susannah[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name]” or [name]Sunny[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name]” (or [name]Annie[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name],” if she were mine…), so I wouldn’t stress.

As a side note, my brother’s name is [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Miller[/name] - a total of 23 letters - and it took him ages to learn to spell it. I’m not saying that to worry you - my brother insists he is dyslexic - but he is almost 23 now and can spell his name perfectly, a skill he mastered when he was about 8. Ha! Anyway, the point is, he is [name]Ben[/name] [name]Miller[/name] everyday, just like your little one will be [name]Sunny[/name] “[name]Hogan[/name],” so don’t stress about letter length.

Good luck! Great choice!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] is so fabulous! I second everything [name]Lemon[/name] said, don’t worry about the number of letters! My son’s name is 23 letters and so is my husbands, no big deal!

I’m so glad you’ll be using the nickname [name]Sunny[/name]! I’ve loved that my whole life!

First of all, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] (and [name]Susanna[/name]). If I have a second daughter, she would be [name]Susannah[/name].

Since your mother’s name is [name]Lynn[/name] [name]Marie[/name], for a shorter overall name, I think [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] (or [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Marie[/name]) would be very nice. Although, [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] are super common – being your mother’s name – their value shoots way up as middle name choices for your daughter.

[name]Susannah[/name] with an “h” is just beautiful! I love [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mia[/name], especially since [name]Mia[/name] would honor your mother’s mn…I don’t think a lot of people would know that [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mia[/name] is a [name]Stephen[/name] [name]King[/name] character!
[name]Don[/name]'t let the 23 letters stop you…my son’s name is 21 letters long, and my daughter’s name is 24 letters long! (we have a 10-letter last name) They never had a problem learning their name spellings.

That being said, [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] is nice, but I also thought of [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jude[/name], to honor [name]Judith[/name]. WDYT?

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Susannah[/name] so much, and I love it with the h! (Like you, I think [name]Susannah[/name] feels and looks incomplete without the h!) And I think the [name]Sunny[/name] nickname is darling!

Here’s another vote for [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Florence[/name] is great! The nn [name]Sunny[/name] would have never
occurred to me. I like it :slight_smile:

My only suggestion right now would be -

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Marilyn[/name] ([name]Marie[/name]+ [name]Lynn[/name])

What about [name]Lee[/name]/[name]Leigh[/name]

[name]Susy[/name]-[name]Lee[/name]

I’m replying before I read the other posts because when I saw the title of your question I immediately thought of [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. Then I saw the first name on your family name list and it seemed perfect. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Marie[/name] flows beautifully (and I like the h at the end as well)