Sylvie vs Juliet?

I’m sorry that your husband doesn’t love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] as much as you do.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] are so lovely!

Today, my vote goes to [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. It makes me think about nature. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is gentle, fresh and colorful. I imagine beautiful, peaceful, green spaces. I adore Sylvie’s meaning and sound.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is poetic, sweet and melodic. I also prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] over [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. This name is a gorgeous traditional choice.

Honestly, I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would be marvelous! Together, these names would create a bright, sophisticated, harmonious combo.

From your list of possibilities, I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] flows very well with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as a middle name, for example. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds fascinating, too.

Good luck with everything :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Oh I love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! And [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] sound great with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] too. I can never get behind [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], or even [name_f]Sybil[/name_f].

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] also makes a fabulous middle because of the flow of being able to say [first name] + [name_m]Jules[/name_m] together.

I like them all too!! I think they’d be good sister names if I have multiple girls. Out of curiosity, why can you not get behind Sylvie/Sylvia/Sybil?

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (and Sylvie!) would make good middle names, but I’m going with an honor name for middle so unfortunately can’t do a combination of these two names.

Thank you!! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite name is actually [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], so even though I do really like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], I’m less sad about losing it than I was about losing [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], lol.

Yes, you are describing them exactly as I feel about them too!! They are both lovely but conjure different imagery for me so it makes it hard to pick between them! I do like that combo but using an honor name for middle so unfortunately won’t be combining them :frowning:

1 Like

Yessss I love all of those nicknames! Unfortunately not, we are going with an honor name for a middle.

1 Like

Yes it definitely does feel both sweet and spunky! I’m glad it worked well on a friend you knew with the name, I’ve never known a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I wish I could put my finger on it. Something about it reminds me of silver fish, the things that eat your clothes. I have no idea why it’s strange! I am learning though that I can let it grow on me, as most names can.