Take 2! :) Susanna or Susannah?

See the results of this poll: Which spelling do you prefer?

Respondents: 53 (This poll is closed)

• Susanna : 17 (32%)
  • Susannah : 32 (60%)
  • Other (Susana, Suzanna, etc): 4 (8%)

[name]Susanna[/name] for me, I like simpler spellings.

I generally prefer the more simple spellings, but I like [name]Susannah[/name] for some reason. I do not like the Z spellings so much, but they [name]DO[/name] lend themselves to the [name]Zuzu[/name] nickname, which is adorable. [name]Suzanna[/name], maybe?

I vastly prefer [name]Susanna[/name]. I’m not a huge fan of the name in general, but there is a sweetness and class to [name]Susanna[/name] imo, while [name]Susannah[/name] feels very heavy and unappealing to me.

I also find myself drawn to [name]Susana[/name]–I love the Latin flavor in it!

My favorite [name]Susannah[/name] variant, though, is the Czech (?) [name]Zuzanna[/name]–like @flick, I absolutely love the adorable [name]Zuzu[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Susanna[/name] for me, and it’s a fav of mine. I like it with the h too, but Idk why it looks more stylish to me without it. Then again I am a [name]Sara[/name], with no h, so that’s another reason to go [name]Susanna[/name] for me. :slight_smile:

I like simpler spellings most of the time, especially for longer names. I’d go with [name]Suzana[/name], [name]Susana[/name], or [name]Susanna[/name]

Thanks - sometimes I like [name]Susannah[/name] because it seems more classic but [name]Susanna[/name] seems more European and streamlined!

Prefer [name]Susannah[/name], it’s more visually consistent with other Biblical English translations, like [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Deborah[/name] etc.

And there’s a hay on the end of the Hebrew spelling so it doesn’t seem less legitimate to me.

I voted for [name]Susanna[/name] because the h (which I usually prefer) just kind of make the name look heavy and strange. I believe it is because there are so many n’s that the h make the name look odd.

Also, I don’t think you need to spell the name with a z to get [name]Zuzu[/name] as a nickname (I also totally love it!). Assuming you are pronouncing it soo-[name]ZAN[/name]-nuh, I don’t see why you couldn’t use [name]Zuzu[/name] if you like it!

I prefer [name]Susanna[/name]. The ‘h’ makes it look really heavy to me, as it does in [name]Hannah[/name].

I voted for [name]Susanna[/name].

I prefer [name]Susannah[/name], even though I usually prefer more streamlined spellings, like [name]Isabel[/name]. In my country, [name]Susanna[/name] is never spelled with a h, but in English, it seems more appropriate to me somehow. Makes no sense, I know;)

I vastly prefer [name]Susannah[/name]! It’s funny because the majority that commented on this thread likes [name]Susanna[/name] better but the poll suggests otherwise.

[name]Susannah[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Susanna[/name], it’s very refined and soft, lovely and luscious, whereas [name]Susannah[/name] has a ‘[name]Hannah[/name]’ vibe, which makes it heavier and kind of reminds me of [name]Savannah[/name] (a name which I’m not a fan of). I love [name]Susana[/name] even more!

Thanks, all! Today I’m feeling [name]Susanna[/name] although who knows what I’ll think tomorrow!

For me, it depends on the middle name and surname. [name]Susanna[/name] looks better with middle/surnames that begin with consonants…

[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Paige[/name] vs. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Jones[/name] vs. [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jones[/name]

[name]Susannah[/name] looks better with the “h” when middle/surnames start with a vowel…

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Alice[/name] vs. [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Archer[/name] vs. [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Archer[/name]

I find the “z” spellings somewhat “dated” and not as “fresh” as the “s” spellings.

I like [name]Susana[/name] the best–looks so fresh and modern…the others look a bit dated to me

[name]Suzanna[/name]! I love the spunk added by the z.