Taking Charlie for a test drive!

Okay so I am currently “test driving” [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]. I have been using it in every day language and seeing how it fits.

Are you ready to go [name]Charlie[/name]?" “[name]Charlie[/name] time to get up!” “[name]How[/name]'s my little guy [name]Charlie[/name] today?” Etc

I am really loving it!

Except I can’t think of great sib names to go with him! I don’t really like to have two sibs with names both ending in ie/y so my beloved [name]Andie[/name]/[name]Andy[/name] (F/M) doesn’t really work…

Can others help me get to some great sibs with [name]Charlie[/name] based on the names I like?

For boys, thoughts on these?
[name]Luke[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]West[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Alec[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]

Girls?
[name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Alden[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name]

Other suggestions?

Awe, I love [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]! :slight_smile: If you’re using [name]Charles[/name], I think you can still use your girls’ names, unless you’re trying to stay away from nicknames that end in the “ee” sound.

For boys, thoughts on these?

[name]Luke[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]: I think it definitely works…

[name]West[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]: I’d stick with classic/vintage names with [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]. I know it doesn’t fit into those categories, but what about [name]Weston[/name], nn [name]West[/name]?

[name]Alec[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]: Would he be [name]Alexander[/name], nn [name]Alec[/name]? I think that’s great with [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]!

Girls?
[name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]: While I love [name]Caroline[/name], it (along with [name]Charlotte[/name] and others), is the feminine of [name]Charles[/name], so I’d stay away from it. :frowning:

[name]Alden[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]: It doesn’t work for me, plus I thought it was a boys’ name. (I’m thinking of Reverend [name]Alden[/name] from [name]Little[/name] House…)

[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]: I think this is cute!

[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name]: Not unless you want everyone to think you’ve got two boys! :frowning: As [name]Charlie[/name] can also be a girls’ nickname for [name]Charlotte[/name], I’d personally avoid gender amiguity!

[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name] and:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] (nn [name]Mia[/name], to avoid [name]Millie[/name], which has the ie ending)
[name]Beatrix[/name] (I think [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Bea[/name] is cute!)
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] (instead of [name]Caroline[/name])
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] (nn [name]Lulu[/name])
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] (nn [name]Lulu[/name])
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

Are you sticking with [name]Charles[/name] [name]Everett[/name]? I think it’s beyond awesome!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]!

I really want to use the middle to honor family so I think it would be [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name], [name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name] or [name]Charles[/name] [name]Henry[/name] if we have a boy first (as these are all DH family names or derivations). I am still struggling with [name]Marek[/name] because as much as I love it, I worry about mis-pronounciation on days like Graduation which is a big deal and I would hate to have his name butchered! (esp since our last name is ALWAYS butchered)

I am liking [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] more and more…

Many of the other names you mentioned still have nn’s that end in the ee sound… [name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name], etc

Yes [name]Alec[/name] would be short for [name]Alexander[/name], as would [name]West[/name] be nn for [name]Weston[/name].

I do love [name]Sebastian[/name]… and [name]Elliott[/name] for a boy but DH thinks he only likes it for a girl. I think I can work on him though!

[name]Do[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] work?
[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] (boy)?

[name]How[/name] about for a girl [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elise[/name]?

I just want to be sure that whatever name we pick for the first one still has options for #2!

I totally understand your worries about pronunciation. Hmm…I say it mare-ick, but I suppose someone reading it quickly could possibly pronounce it mahr-ick or muh-RECK. If you have any misgivings, don’t use it! I think [name]Charles[/name] [name]Henry[/name] (love it!) and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name] are great, and it’s wonderful that they have meaning to you. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] is darling, and I can’t wait to hear what others have to say.

I tried to suggest names that for me, don’t have ee nicknames, so I’m sorry about that!
[name]Even[/name] [name]Claire[/name]'s nickname can have an ee ending ([name]Clairey[/name]-- I know one), so that’s going to be pretty hard to avoid! Hmm…

[name]Do[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] work? I think [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] are great! [name]Will[/name] you call him [name]Seb[/name] or [name]Baz[/name]?

[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] (boy)? I like this a lot, [name]Erin[/name], but know several little Elliotts who were called [name]Ellie[/name] as terms of endearment, so that ee nickname may pop up!

[name]How[/name] about for a girl [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elise[/name]? I think [name]Elise[/name] is really pretty. I was thinking about [name]Anneliese[/name] the other day, actually…

I honestly think that [name]Charlie[/name] is a great name with which to mold your style for future babies, because it’s classic and fresh, and works with far more names than not!

I really want to use the middle to honor family so I think it would be [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name], [name]Charles[/name] [name]Marek[/name] or [name]Charles[/name] [name]Henry[/name] if we have a boy first (as these are all DH family names or derivations). I am still struggling with [name]Marek[/name] because as much as I love it, I worry about mis-pronounciation on days like Graduation which is a big deal and I would hate to have his name butchered! (esp since our last name is ALWAYS butchered)

I love [name]Charles[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Mark[/name]!

I am liking [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] more and more… - I love these two names so much. I would use them myself. Except [name]Charlie[/name] does sound dreadful with my last name. So does [name]Charles[/name].

Many of the other names you mentioned still have nn’s that end in the ee sound… [name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name], etc - love [name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name].

Yes [name]Alec[/name] would be short for [name]Alexander[/name], as would [name]West[/name] be nn for [name]Weston[/name]. My fave nn for [name]Alexander[/name] is [name]Zander[/name].

I do love [name]Sebastian[/name]… and [name]Elliott[/name] for a boy but DH thinks he only likes it for a girl. I think I can work on him though! - [name]Love[/name] Seastian! NN [name]Seb[/name].

[name]Do[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] work? - Yes!
[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name] (boy)? - I think it’s just me, but I don’t like [name]Elliott[/name] that much-sorry!

[name]How[/name] about for a girl [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Elise[/name]? [name]Love[/name] [name]Elise[/name], and love it with [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name].

[name]LOVE[/name] that [name]Charlie[/name]! And [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Marek[/name] as well - just doesn’t seem that there is a wrong way to pronouce it - plus it gives him a less common, more unique handle when he wants to have one than “[name]Mark[/name]” - so that on a facebook future he won’t have 20,000 others!

I think [name]Sebastian[/name] is wonderful, as is [name]Alec[/name] - I’m keen too on [name]Alistair[/name], which has [name]Alec[/name] as its nickname.

Amongst your girls I love [name]Clementine[/name]!