Talk About Your Characters

This is a place for anyone who just wants to talk about their characters and just go of on a rant i guess about plans for the characters backstorys whatnot just have fun

2 Likes

haha get ready…

Okay so my main character, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], is dealing with grief. It is a mystery what happened to her parents. Then bits are revealed in later chapters. Her mom has cancer and dies, while her dad is on the rebels side. I am struggling with what to do with this. How do I express this grief that I personally don’t know? Losing someone so close as family… I just don’t know if this is crossing a line. I want this to be a feel good book for all ages. What do you think I should do?

<3

3 Likes

Personally when im worried about crossing a line with a character i try to do a lot of research on the subject see what people who have been through it say about it and about their experience also i actually i think i know a book that might be helpful for getting some insight i believe it is called Dancing At The Pity Party

TYSM that helped a lot!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] protagonist, [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] has experienced a lot of trauma in her past. She works to heal a lot of those hurts in order to move on with her life.

1 Like

I have some quite fun plans for a new role play i started with my friends its got nonsensical lands dark secrets adventure tales of a legendary treasure betrayal murderous plot fun food and drinks a friendly guide to lead the other characters to treasure and strange and dangerous creatures iv got tons of plans

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] character is stuck in the past and is struggling to move past it, then this boy named [name_m]Lennox[/name_m], or Nex, drops into her life and all of a sudden she is on top to the world. I need a traumatic shared experience for [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] and Nex to go through. [name_m]Just[/name_m] FYI they end up together in the end, thought that might help.

1 Like

Things I’ve done in this scenario:

–Stuck my traumatized idiot [name_m]Basil[/name_m] and his somewhat less traumatized but equally idiotic crush [name_m]Arnold[/name_m] in a cave together for like a day and a half

–Poisoned [name_f]Sanya[/name_f] (not particularly traumatized but definitely an idiot; also a full-on Pansexual Disaster™) and left him stranded in an alleyway with [name_m]Valentin[/name_m] for about 72 horrible hours

–Sent Glitter and Selenite (yet another set of traumatized gays) on a chase through the palace trying to find and kill Glitter’s homicidal aunt while her father was chasing them trying to save her aunt and not really caring if he killed them in the process

–Kidnapped [name_m]Ash[/name_m] (who’s actually straight, for once) and sent his crush [name_f]Saylor[/name_f] on a journey to [name_f]Arizona[/name_f] or somewhere far away and desert-y like that to try and find him

–Kidnapped Tellan (you can pretty reliably tell how old one of my stories is by how many straight people it has in it) and made [name_f]Iisha[/name_f] do a crap ton of ridiculous soul magic to get him back while also visiting his dreams

–Killed Tizzy (this one is bi but I only just decided that) and made [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] use forbidden magic to literally stop time and go on a year-long journey to find a book of necromancy in an ancient temple

As you can see, I do this a lot. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to use any of my ideas, although many of them probably don’t make sense for your story. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] I could help!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] character dune is hilarious his hobby is basically drowning people in sand one of my favorite quotes from him rn is “that person looks drownable” he is murderous in a good way

Rn me and my friend have some horribly amazing stuff planned for our characters basically my character Aconito is on a quest for vengeance and along the way he befriended one of my friends charecters lets call him C and they have sort of become very close friends and there was this cute littlw moment with Aconito comforting C and running his fingers through C’s hair problem is Aconito also unknowingly made a deal with someone lets call T to help him hunt down this murderer in exchange for help to get his revenge and Aconite doesn’t know that the supposed murderer is C and that he has made a problem to help T kill his only friend another thing thats gonna cause big problems is that Aconito is someone who is always true to his word thats just the kind of person he is he doesn’t break his promises it goes against his nature which is going to cause a whole ton of internal conflict does he help T kill his only friend C and keep his promise or does he go against his nature breaking his promise to protect C rn the plan is for him to choose c but then be so mentally screwed up by going against his nature that he eventually changes his mind and kidnaps c bringing him to T where c is kept prisoner and tortured making Aconito question everything for a time becoming almost a shell of who he was becase the internal conflict has broken his mind but he cant outwardly show this otherwise T would notice and this continues until T offers Aconito the honor of killing C causing Aconito to be forced to choose once and for all because what he chooses now will change him forever will he become an antagonist or not?

1 Like

wow you really like hurting yours don’t you? I mean I can’t judge, just ask [name_m]Ash[/name_m] [name_m]Wood[/name_m], but still, wow, that’s a fabulously horrible plan

Thank you! I’m going to build off 1 or 2 of these.

But its fun to ruin their lives and make them suffer torture them emotionally and on occasion physically and make them want to die becase nothing makes sense anymore :grinning:

yeah it’s so fun but it makes me feel like such a horrible person sometimes lol

1 Like

Me and one of my best friends had an interesting conversation after we had had a conversation about the movie stranger then fiction (this guy finds out he is in a book and that the author is planning his death becase its a tragedy) about whether or not our characters would try to kill us for ruining their lives or if they would have a different reaction (my character Aconito would most definitely try to kill me cause iv done some things to him including killing his family twice and i am planning to emotionally torture him making him lose his sanity and sense of self becase he when it comes to betraying a friend and breaking promises he sees both of those as two of the worst most vile things one can do and im making him pick which one he wants to do)

You’re both right. Giving your character a hard time is fun and funny, but it also makes you feel like you just ruined their life. (And sometimes you just ruin it.) I broke a characters sanaty for a whole book.

1 Like

It adds depth to the character too more often then not Aconito is one of my more developed detailed characters and honestly my favorite at the moment his trama and bad experiences have developed his character more then having a more normal life ever could (my character eloi has had a mostly normal life and dang he is boring) it gives them more chances to grow and learn even though it is mostly just to torture them cause its fun

I don’t think any of my characters would try to kill me, but some of them definitely wouldn’t like me. [name_m]Ash[/name_m] would definitely punch me with his bad hand just to prove a point and then run away. Sylfa would yell the crap out of me, and I would let him, because I deserve it. [name_f]Lucero[/name_f] from D&D would also most likely try to punch me, which would hurt my feelings more than my body because he’s weak as crap, but still. I would allow my characters to do pretty much whatever they wanted to me because I’ve done whatever I wanted to them. OH WAIT, I think [name_m]Basil[/name_m] actually would try to kill me, or at least light my house on fire, or maybe he would just go after my little sister. . . Oh gosh, I do not want to face Basil’s righteous fury, especially since it’s most likely my sibling who would actually be in danger. Probably, to stop him, I would tell him everything about Liliani and how to find her so that he can kill her instead of me or my family. Wow, now my brain is going in Inkheart circles, and I very thoroughly have no desire to be the Fenoglio to Basil’s Dustfinger. . .

1 Like

Tyméo’s [name_m]Logic[/name_m] Part 1

Trying to get into the attic but cant reach?

Use a ladder? No
Use something upstairs? No
Drag one of the nicest if not the nicest table in the house upstairs from all the way downstairs and use that? Absolutely Yes

Tyméo’s [name_m]Logic[/name_m] Part 2

Is bored?

[name_m]Read[/name_m]? No
Study? No
Go for a walk? No
[name_f]Do[/name_f] something that almost got you arrested again? Absolutely yes

Tyméo’s [name_m]Logic[/name_m] Part 3

Its the middle of the night and his parents are worried becase he is out too late?

Go home and get some rest? No
Go home and tell his parents he will be staying somewhere else? No
Find somewhere else to stay? No
Stay at his friends house? No
Sleep under a tree near his friends house just to make his parents worry? Absolutely yes

1 Like

Well, my Dragon Ball Z OC, Menrui, can get pretty snarky at times, and has shown that from an early age. For example: When she was around 4 or 5, she called Piccolo a gonad because she was mad at him, and said even though she didn’t know at the time what a gonad was, she just knew Piccolo was one!