Tatum for a boy?

My daughter and son-in-law have decided to name their baby boy [name]Tatum[/name]. She is getting a lot of mouthing from just about everyone she tells. His full name will be [name]Tatum[/name] [name]Walker[/name] [name]Harris[/name]. I think it is great just wanted some more opinions. Thanks

The only Tatums I know are boys (one is in his thirties, one is about two). I think it’s a great name! I also think that for this generation, names that are used for both genders won’t be such a big deal.

I think it’s a handsome name, and I’m guessing that people are associating [name]Tatum[/name] with the actress [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name], which throws them for a loop when they think of the name on a boy.

I used to only think of [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name], too, but after seeing photos of [name]Tatum[/name] [name]Channing[/name], I can more easily picture it on a boy now.

([name]Edit[/name]: Thanks to [name]Jude[/name]'s Mommy for correcting my mistake: it’s [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name], not [name]Tatum[/name] [name]Channing[/name]) :slight_smile:

Once the people meet little [name]Tatum[/name], they’ll be able to associate the name with him, and hopefully love it as much as they’ll love him.

:slight_smile:

Good luck!

I really think of it as a female name, possibly because I’ve only known of a couple of Tatums and they were all girls/women.

I only know one [name]Tatum[/name] and that is [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neill[/name], a girl.

I think they would be [name]WAY[/name] better off naming the child [name]Tate[/name] [name]Walker[/name] [name]Harris[/name]!

I think of it as a girls name but only because of the actress. I’ve never met a [name]Tatum[/name] in real life.

I think it’s a great name and agree that nowadays names are used for both genders.
I think the name, although maybe has a female correlation thanks to [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name], actually sounds like a masculine name.

I [name]LOVE[/name] it :slight_smile:

I expected your request to be for advice on using [name]Tatum[/name] for a boy, which I planned to give you in one word: No. But it seems as if you just want support? I hope the other posters are correct, but my official nameberry position is that this is a difficult name for either gender and one that is very identified with a female actress – a female actress with drug problems. The person who suggested [name]Tate[/name] is offering a very sound suggestion.

They are playing with the idea of calling him [name]Tate[/name] for short.

I only know female Tatums, but so what! If you name a boy [name]Tatum[/name] that will be his name and it will suit him fine.

Totally agree!

I’m pretty sure it’s [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name]. ([name]Tatum[/name] being his last name)

To me it is all girl, but that may be because that’s my niece’s name!

I’m pretty sure it’s [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name]. ([name]Tatum[/name] being his last name)

To me it is all girl, but that may be because that’s my niece’s name![/quote]

Oopsie! Thanks for the correction, Judesmommy! :slight_smile:

Well, that means that [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name] and the female character “[name]Tatum[/name]” in the movie “Scream” are now the only Tatums of whom I know, so I’ll second (or third) the [name]Tate[/name] spelling for a little boy.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I honestly only think of [name]Tatum[/name] O’[name]Neal[/name], as most people have said, and the male actor is named [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name] - [name]Tatum[/name] is his last name! So, that really isn’t much help…

I think it could be pretty difficult for a boy to have a name so closely associated with Old Hollywood glamor, but then again, in the case of [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name], it is a surname name.

What about [name]Walker[/name] [name]Tatum[/name]? Instead of [name]Tatum[/name] [name]Walker[/name]. If they are going to call him [name]Tate[/name], why not name him [name]Tate[/name]? That sounds modern and fresh but still masculine…

I know a girl [name]Tatum[/name] in real life but honestly I think it really works for a boy, esp. with the option of [name]Tate[/name] as a nickname. And although I know it’s supposed to be [name]Channing[/name] [name]Tatum[/name], every time I think of him I have to remind myself that [name]Tatum[/name] isn’t his first name. His name looks backwards. LOL.

Why do we always have to have nn’s?

Surely if the child is going to be called by his nn (in this case) [name]Tate[/name] a very acceptable and nice name, why give him a moniker that is in the most part only going to confuse people as to his gender and not give his official name anymore strength?

I only know a female [name]Tatum[/name] nn [name]Tate[/name] but honestly I have often thought of it as a boys name. I think there are several name out there that can go either way but then again I have received much critisim over the fact that I want to name our next baby if a boy [name]London[/name] [name]Blaze[/name]. Most people feel both names are femanine. [name]Remember[/name] [name]Leslie[/name] started out as a boy name and now thought of as a girl name so times change maybe it’s time for more male Tatums

I agree-thanks for the support! BTW I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]London[/name] for a boy.