Teacher looking for different name!

[name]HI[/name]! I am the mother of [name]Elijah[/name] Asad (11) and [name]Zahrah[/name] [name]Amirah[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (7) and execting a girl soon! I am also a teacher and so the search for names has been tough, as I don’t want to name her anything that I have heard here at school. Right now our current favorite first name is [name]Ivy[/name] (our kids have mountains of dark curly hair) and my husband is stuck on [name]Claire[/name] for a middle. However, I’m worried that [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Claire[/name] will start to sound like “I declare!”. We tend to gravitate to different names, and also names that have meaning. ([name]Zahrah[/name] is Arabic and so is Asad, [name]Mae[/name] is my middle name). We also would go with Jewish name since I’m Jewish if we could find one we like. Any ideas for other first names? Middle names to go with [name]Ivy[/name]? Help!!

[name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Zahrah[/name] are great! [name]Ivy[/name] is very sweet. I agree, [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Claire[/name] sounds a bit off, but it’s not terrible. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Clara[/name] is better, I think. Some other nice middles with [name]Ivy[/name]:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Priya[/name] (“beloved”, Sanskrit)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Khalilah[/name] (“friend”, Arabic)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Adara[/name] (“Praised”, Hebrew)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Liora[/name] (“My light”, Hebrew)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Akilah[/name] (“Intelligent”, Arabic)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jamila[/name] (“Beautiful”, Arabic)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Tahira[/name] (“Pure”, Arabic)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Shalom[/name] ("[name]Peace[/name]", Hebrew)

I really like a lot of those names as first names with your set. I think [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Zahrah[/name] and [name]Adara[/name] would be lovely. I’m also loving [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Zahrah[/name] and [name]Akilah[/name], as well as [name]Jamila[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Love[/name] your 2 children’s names!

Here are some Jewish/Hebrew name options:

[name]Amira[/name] – Tree Top
[name]Adira[/name] – Strong
[name]Ilana[/name] – [name]Oak[/name] Tree
[name]Talia[/name] – Dew of God
Emunah – [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Rayna[/name] --Song of God
[name]Eliana[/name] – [name]Sun[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name] – Crown
[name]Orli[/name] – My light
[name]Ayelet[/name] – [name]Gazelle[/name]
Yakira/[name]Kira[/name] – [name]Precious[/name]
[name]Tehilla[/name] – praise/song
[name]Davina[/name] – [name]Beloved[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ivy[/name] Shoshanna [name]Claire[/name]! Perfect combo, and you get the best of all worlds!

Thanks for all the great suggestions! We really like the sound of the middle names that have three syllables…very cool. Hubby current fave…[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Liora[/name] [name]Claire[/name]…still working on it!