Teens Favorite Boy Names - Baby Name Monday

[name_f]My[/name_f] second [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_f]Monday[/name_f] commentary thingy. The theme this week was teens favorite boy names, and some of them really surprised me. Stay tuned for some polls at the end!

The names:

[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] - This one kinda surprised me. [name_u]Forest[/name_u] with one R is mentioned here a good number of times, but not really [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]. It’s got nice imagery though.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - It seems like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] would be talked about more here on Nameberry than it actually is. It has a bit of a vintage/modern feel which a lot of people love. I’m not very surprised to see it on teens’ lists.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - This one was pretty unexpected because I don’t see it mentioned a lot anywhere, and it is pretty popular in the UK. It has really nice sounds with that -o ending though.

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] - It seems kind of trendy to me. Again, it’s got that nice long O sound, but I feel like we won’t be seeing this being used for real babies anytime soon, it’s time has passed, I think (or I thought, because judging by this list, teens do like it. I don’t know :man_shrugging:)

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] - This one is pretty popular, so I was definitely surprised to see it here. It does have the -s ending, that feels very surname-as-first-name, which is popular right now.

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] - Nice name, it has very attractive sounds. It also feels very modern, a theme that I noticed through all names on this list.

[name_u]Wilder[/name_u] - It’s been picking up traction here on Nameberry, and I think it will start to get more popular in the real world (I don’t have better words for it lol). It has a nature-y outdoors-y vibe, which is also a trend running through some of these names.

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] - I was very surprised by this. Never mentioned on Nameberry, never in the “real world,” which kind of makes it the perfect familiar but rare choice.

[name_u]Hayes[/name_u] - In the past week or so, [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] has been popping up around the forums, and might be a new 2021 favorite. Surnames-as-first-names are coming back into fashion, and this is a cool, fresh option.

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] - It has that outdoors-y vibe found in [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] and [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], and like I said, that’s a trend on this list.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] - This one also seems a bit trendy to me. It’s nice, and it does kinda sound like [name_u]Everest[/name_u], which also makes it kind of nature-y.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - I’m not gonna lie, I was expecting this to be in the top three at least, since it is mentioned so so much on Nameberry, and it pretty popular. It has a modern/vintage vibe which is so perfect to me.

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] - A nice, familiar name. The double Ts kind of spice it up and give it a really cool look.

[name_m]Elio[/name_m] - This is also one I’ve noticed trending here on the forums. It has the familiar sounds of [name_m]Leo[/name_m], and that nice [name_f]El[/name_f]- beginning. How would you pronounce it?

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] - This one did surprise me, as I never see it mentioned. It does have that short, sweet vibe, which we definitely like.

** [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]** - Yet another one that’s been mentioned a lot recently. It has mythological vibes, with a simple, familiar sound. I really like it!

[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] - I was super surprised to see it this high on the list. It would be so adorable on a little boy, since it does sound pretty timeless; not overused now and not too associated with one era, this one will probably get popular.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] - I was super surprised to see it at number one. It seems like kind of a basic choice to me.

POLLS!

• [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Elio[/name_m]

0 voters

• [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Robin[/name_u]

0 voters

• [name_u]Miles[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]

0 voters

• [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Miles[/name_u]

0 voters

And your favorite name out of all of them…

• [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Roman[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Miles[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Elio[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

0 voters

What do you think? Were there any names here that you have on your list. I would especially like opinions from my fellow teens!

2 Likes

My personal favourite is [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]. It feels so versatile and it evokes wonderful imagery. It feels easy to use globally, because it is internationally familiar and is reasonably popular in a number of countries, with or without the double ‘T’.

Robin surprised me. I like the name, but it doesn’t strike me as a name that would appeal to most teenagers!

The least surprising names for me were [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], [name_m]Roman[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], and [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]. All lovely choices!

2 Likes

Absolutely adore Hugo, Atlas, Theodore & Henry! I want to love Elio so much and I’m tempted to add it to my list, but it’s so deeply connected to CMBYN which to me has always had some pedophilic vibes going on :sweat_smile: The art of the movie itself and the character is beautiful though!

2 Likes