Tell me some guilty pleasure names for girls that you’d actually use! 🦋

What are some guilty pleasure names for girls that you’d actually consider using or that you have used? They can fall into the “guilty pleasure category for any reason. Whether they are unique or they just don’t fit your typical style, etc. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to also share the reason you consider the names on your list guilty pleasures if you’d like!
A few from my list are:

[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] (I don’t think my love for this one is a surprise to anyone here! :joy:)

[name_u]June[/name_u] (Because I personally don’t usually care for one-syllable names as first names, but I’m in love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::face_holding_back_tears:)

[name_u]Story[/name_u] (I don’t know how this one would work on an adult woman, but it makes me so happy!)

[name_f]Lyla[/name_f] (If I end up using [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], it would probably feel strange to also use this, since the sounds in the middle are so similar.)

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (People would have a hard time getting past the Friends reference, and I love that show, but I personally wouldn’t be naming a daughter after that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I also love the sound and meaning!)

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] (Is just [name_f]Liv[/name_f] too short to work as a first name? Middle names are also hard for me to come up with for this one. A short name like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] works beautifully, but I feel like it has an easier flow than [name_f]Liv[/name_f]?

Your turn! Have fun!

:butterfly::white_heart::blossom:

5 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is named [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and I was initially hesitant about the Friends reference, but most people don’t even mention it!

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] - my husband would never go for it but I just love it with the nickname [name_u]Indie[/name_u].

[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] - I know a lot of people think this name is so ugly but I just love it

[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] - I don’t typically like modern/trendy names but this just feels so bright and fun to me

4 Likes

[name_f]Patience[/name_f], [name_f]Jewel[/name_f], + [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

A lot of people find [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] a totally unusable but personally I would use it. If I have two girls then there certainly will be one more [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] in the world :stuck_out_tongue:

Ditto [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]. I’ve met one, it’s usable!

I’d also use [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], Meridiana, [name_f]Ysabeau[/name_f], [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Amalthea[/name_f].

I’d use some of my more out-there nature/word names as middles ~ [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f], [name_u]Vivendel[/name_u], Merryweather, [name_f]Lunéciel[/name_f], [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u].

4 Likes

@MamaANC Aww!! [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is such a beautiful name, and I’m sure it fits your daughter perfectly.:sparkling_heart: I’m so happy that you used it! I also love [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] and the nickname [name_u]Indie[/name_u]!

Thank you so much for your reply!

:white_heart::butterfly:

@shorie [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is so chic and immediately makes me think of [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m]. It makes me happy, and I get 1920’s vibes! [name_f]Jewel[/name_f] and [name_f]Patience[/name_f] are so cute too! :smiling_face:

:butterfly::white_heart:

1 Like

@persephonescrown I can absolutely see you with a [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] or an [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]! I I think it would be fun to meet one too! And I think [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] is a fun one. I have heard of [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], so I definitely think that is usable!

All of these are great, thank you so much for your reply!

1 Like

There’s so many but I’ll go with [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_u]Story[/name_u] and [name_f]Posie[/name_f] :bug:

1 Like

[name_f]Historia[/name_f], [name_f]Perdita[/name_f], [name_f]Apricity[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], and [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]!

1 Like

@CashTheUnicorn I love all of these! :blossom: I think there’s something so special about [name_u]Story[/name_u] and [name_f]Posie[/name_f] especially. This probably sounds very weird, but giving a little girl a name like [name_u]Story[/name_u] feels like it would empower her in a way, even if used as a middle name. It seems like a way to show her the impact and power she can have through conversations about her name. Like [name_u]Story[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (“story of good news)! I’m sorry, I just also love this name so much! Like I said, the only thing that makes me hesitant to use it is that I’m not sure how it would age because I’ve never met anyone with the name.

Thank you so much for your reply and for loving [name_u]Story[/name_u] with me!

1 Like

@babynames17 Aww! [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f] would be a cute nickname for [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]! :cherry_blossom: I also like [name_f]Historia[/name_f]. And [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] is also so cute!

[name_u]Story[/name_u], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] are lovely! I find it so interesting that people wouldn’t use [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - maybe it’s that I don’t think I’ve watched more than one full ep of friends, but I’ve met lots of Phobes!

Anyhow, a few of mine:

The bold words that I would consider (maybe in first spot, likely in middle);
Seafarer, Stargazer, [name_u]Wildfire[/name_u], Samphire, [name_f]Poem[/name_f], [name_u]Sunset[/name_u], [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], [name_f]Stellaria[/name_f], [name_f]Reverie[/name_f], [name_f]Remedy[/name_f], Melodious, [name_f]Rhapsody[/name_f], [name_u]Golden[/name_u], [name_f]Glimmer[/name_f], Glitter, [name_f]Charm[/name_f], [name_m]Obsidian[/name_m], [name_u]Magic[/name_u], [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u], [name_u]Hero[/name_u], [name_u]Glow[/name_u], [name_u]Skylark[/name_u], [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u]

Ones that have technically don’t go with my surname, but nvm: [name_u]Romilly[/name_u], [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], Rosfrith, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

Ones that are too close to family names, but I keep them on my list: [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Adelina[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Juno[/name_u], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], Gwen/Gwendolyn

Ones that are my character’s names but I can’t let them go: [name_u]Cadence[/name_u], [name_f]Carys[/name_f], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Tamar[/name_f]

1 Like

Prudence/Prue
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Nightingale[/name_u], [name_f]Peridot[/name_f], [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_u]January[/name_u]

1 Like

Definitely not fitting in with the types of names mentioned here, but [name_m]Warren[/name_m]! I think it would be a great name on a girl with [name_u]Ren[/name_u] as a cute nickname. Definitely doesn’t fit the style of name I would actually go for (particularly since my husband and I need names that work in Spanish), but I love it.

Also:

[name_f]Phyllis[/name_f] - I love the sound of it, but besides the language thing just such a dated name

[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] - also dated! I do like [name_f]Valeria[/name_f], but we have a [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] called [name_u]Vale[/name_u] in the family so probably too much.

[name_f]Nadine[/name_f] - just doesn’t fit in with other names we would use, shares a sound with one of our last names

[name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] - beautiful sound, but doesn’t pass the “would I actually want this name for myself” test

[name_f]Peony[/name_f] - the first syllable just dooms this name, but such cute imagery otherwise

2 Likes

@Greyblue Thank you!! Maybe the thing for me with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is that I watch Friends almost everyday with my mom! It’s something fun and mindless that we like to do together. (I realize that parts of it haven’t aged well at all, but it is a fun show!)

I love all of these! Especially [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_u]Juno[/name_u], [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Luella[/name_f], and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]. I also think all your bold word names are so much fun!

1 Like

@Artemis_returns [name_u]Lux[/name_u] is so cool! Thank you so much for your reply!

1 Like

@sammaegre I really like [name_f]Janney[/name_f] too, it is unexpected and cool, but not too out there!

1 Like

@Beort12 [name_u]Ren[/name_u] is such a cute nickname, I love it! :face_holding_back_tears::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have an aunt named Phyll!$! I don’t think she likes her name at all. [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] is such a beautiful name! :heart_eyes: I think it could definitely work! Yes, the first three and last letters match, but I think the middle of each name is very distinct. I think it would be fine, unless you’re close to [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] and/or her parents, and see them frequently. In that case, I would check to ensure they don’t mind you using a similar name. No matter what, you have to follow your heart and do what’s right for you! But I definitely think [name_f]Valeria[/name_f] could work if you love it!
And I agree, the first syllable ruins [name_f]Peony[/name_f] for me, but it is cute!

I would most definitely use these, especially one of the Io names!

Iolanthe
Iola
Ione
Ioanna
Iona

Eilidh
Eithne
Éadaoin
Áine
Ruadhan

Nightingale
March