Tell your friends and neighbors...

…There will be no more naming little girls [name]Dahlia[/name]!
After months of deliberation and much too much time spent on this site, we welcomed our little daughter [name]Dahlia[/name] into the world in [name]July[/name]! (Her middle name, which I am omitting only because I don’t want this post to pop up if anybody googles her, is a Spanish, two-syllable name beginning with “C”.)
[name]Prior[/name] to her birth, I had only ever heard of one [name]Dahlia[/name] in my entire life, a woman my mom’s age. Now, all of a sudden, I have heard of two other baby Dahlias! Crossing my fingers I haven’t inadvertently saddled my sweet girl with a soon-to-be trendy moniker.
Now if everyone could just spread the word, please! LOL

[name]Hi[/name], Yogini! :slight_smile: Congratulations on your beautiful little [name]Dahlia[/name]! I absolutely love the name, and for what it’s worth, I personally can’t see it becoming as popular as, say, [name]Lily[/name]. I’m really happy for you, and hope you’re doing well! (I’ll put my friends and neighbors on watch about [name]Dahlia[/name].) :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you and your family! :slight_smile:

Thank you VERY much, [name]Jill[/name]!

Congratulations, Yogini and family, and welcome, little [name]Dahlia[/name]!

Huge congratulations to you!!! [name]Dahlia[/name] is a beautiful, beautiful name for a little girl who I am sure is just as gorgeous :slight_smile: Best wishes to your family!

Congrats to you! I think it’s a very nice name, too. That is one of my biggest fears, that I might inadvertently be part of a trend and end up with a name for one of my children that goes viral. So far my son [name]Toby[/name] is the only one of his age that I know of, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Girls names are SO much harder, though! The more original and clever I think I’m being, the more I run into trends. I didn’t know there was a trend back towards simpler classic names until I found this site, and now all my girl favs seem to be all over this site!
[name]Don[/name]'t worry, though, [name]Dahlia[/name] isn’t on my list :slight_smile:

[name]Dahlia[/name] is beautiful, and you should be happy to hear she is the first little [name]Dahlia[/name] that I have ever heard of!
Also, if you used the Spanish two syllable C name that I’m thinking of, that is another brilliant choice.
Congratulations!

Great choice and congratulations, yogini! I still haven’t heard of any little Dahlias, and while it’s a cool name that could become more popular because of a rediscovery of flower names, I doubt it will skyrocket–people are still so eager to use [name]Rose[/name], [name]Lily[/name], and [name]Violet[/name].

I agree! It’s a gorgeous name and I don’t think it’ll be TOO popular on the playground!

Congratulations