Tess or Maeve, sister to Sloane

Haha, I think I just responded to your “[name]Sloane[/name]” post! Most people react positively to the name, but we do occasionally have to repeat ourselves or correct the spelling (it’s just not the same without that “e” on the end!) But the name seems to be getting more popular and most people are familiar with it.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Quinn[/name], too! Would strongly consider it for [name]Sloane[/name]'s little sis, but doesn’t flow great with our surname and my cousin named her baby [name]Quinn[/name]. Good luck!

I agree with others that I prefer [name]Maeve[/name], but [name]Tess[/name] works better stylistically with [name]Sloane[/name].

[name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] have a similar feel to me. Strong, intellectual, and witty whereas [name]Tess[/name] feels spunky and carefree.

[name]Tess[/name] & [name]Sloane[/name] sound like a great sibset to me. What about [name]Tessa[/name]?

Hmm, I like [name]Tessa[/name], but it strikes me as a completely different style than [name]Tess[/name] for some reason. I guess I prefer [name]Tess[/name], esp with [name]Sloane[/name].

I think the challenge is that I’m looking for a more classic name this time around, but one that still works with big sis (or at least doesn’t clash). I think we have two winners in [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Tess[/name], but I’m still open to some other ideas if anyone has them. I’ve appreciated all the input on this brainstorming session!

Yay–pick [name]Maeve[/name]!! I have a 6 month old named [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and we are soo happy with our choice (after many a Nameberry-obsessed night). I’ve always loved [name]Tess[/name] too!

[name]Tess[/name] is my 2nd favorite name!!

I much prefer [name]Tess[/name] to [name]Maeve[/name] (it’s just nms). But if [name]Brooke[/name] is an an option…I vote for it…lol. [name]Brooke[/name] Kepler is not that bad (and it ends in e, as you like :wink: ).

@kmeyer, it’s great to know that someone who chose [name]Maeve[/name] is so happy with their choice! [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is lovely…

It’s hard to let go of [name]Tess[/name] because in early pregnancy, I was thinking of the baby as that name… but I think [name]Maeve[/name] sounds better with our surname, better with our middle name choice ([name]Barbara[/name], the name of my late [name]MIL[/name]), and better with my name (my name is [name]Jessie[/name], or occasionally [name]Jess[/name], so could, unfortunately, rhyme with [name]Tess[/name]). So all signs point to [name]Maeve[/name]… we just need to start thinking of baby girl with that name and hope it starts to feel right. Wish us luck!