Tess or Maeve, sister to Sloane

See the results of this poll: Tess or Maeve for Sloane’s little sis?

Respondents: 103 (This poll is closed)

• Tess : 48 (47%)
  • Maeve: 55 (53%)

While I do like [name]Tess[/name], I’ve always found it a bit nicknamey. I like it if it’s a nn for [name]Theresa[/name] or [name]Tessa[/name]. I absolutely adore [name]Maeve[/name] so I voted for that :slight_smile:

I love [name]Maeve[/name] as a name more (just more my style), but I feel [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] are the perfect sibset! So I voted for [name]Tess[/name].

Totally agree. As much as I like [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] are a winning pair!

Hmm, looks like a close vote here so far… thanks for the input! =)

If anyone else wants to share the “why” behind their vote, I’d love to hear it. It’s all very helpful!

I love [name]Tess[/name]. [name]Maeve[/name] is pretty but nms. With [name]Sloane[/name], I def prefer [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Tess[/name]. [name]Tessa[/name] is on my short list.

I think [name]Sloane[/name] & [name]Maeve[/name] sound absolutely perfect together! [name]Both[/name] good, strong Irish names!

Completely agree. [name]Tess[/name] is great, but doesn’t seem substantial like [name]Claire[/name], [name]Sloane[/name], and [name]Maeve[/name] do. I think [name]Maeve[/name] is the way to go.

[name]Tess[/name]. I like it better and it goes better with [name]Sloane[/name].

Haha, it’s funny how this is nearly split down the middle. I am in the [name]Sloane[/name]-and-[name]Maeve[/name]-go-perfectly-and-[name]Tess[/name]-doesn’t-sound substantial-enough camp. :slight_smile: However, both are great names, and neither one clashes with [name]Sloane[/name], so pick your favorite! :slight_smile:

I love both [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name], but voted for [name]Maeve[/name] because I think it’s a better balance with your last name, and ultimately, I think that’s more important than how well it goes with [name]Sloane[/name]. Good luck!

I voted [name]Tess[/name]. [name]Sloane[/name] is a strong name like [name]Tess[/name] whereas [name]Maeve[/name] seems softer to me. I say go 2 strong names. I also like [name]Tessa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]. Though you seem to like 1 syllable names. I do too- I have a DD [name]Brooke[/name].

[name]Tess[/name] is a nn, it’s incomplete. I can see it turning into “testicles” when she’s in grade school

[name]Sloane[/name] & [name]Maeve[/name] are perfect together. They’re both strong yet feminine Irish names

Thanks for all the votes and advice, everyone. I see both sides – that [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] sound cute together and are both no-frills names, but that [name]Maeve[/name] could be considered more of a “complete name” like [name]Sloane[/name]. (I even like that they both have e’s on the end - is that weird?) I also like that some people picked up on the Celtic connection. I know [name]Maeve[/name] seems “more Irish” than [name]Sloane[/name], but I do like that they both have Celtic roots.

My husband likes both, but has a slight preference for [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] over [name]Maeve[/name]… although I think he’s really holding out hope for [name]Brynn[/name]. (which I like, but it seems a bit trendy/cutesy). Oh, and we both like [name]Brooke[/name] but don’t love the back-to-back “k” sound with our surname. [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Maren[/name], and [name]Eden[/name] were other names that didn’t quite make the cut.

Sigh… 10 weeks to go to sort all of this out… thanks again!

I love the name [name]Tess[/name] (and I think it works as a name, not just a nickname), and I like it much more than [name]Maeve[/name] so I did vote for it. But [name]Maeve[/name] might sound better with [name]Sloane[/name].

[name]Tess[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] are my favorites out of all of them, but I also like [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] a lot.

I love [name]Maeve[/name] with [name]Sloane[/name] - both are solid Irish names with amazing history, and I love that both have the e ending! I also like [name]Maeve[/name] with your last name.

I am in love with [name]Maeve[/name]! It sounds perfect with [name]Sloane[/name].

I voted [name]Maeve[/name], I think [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] make an adorable sib-set, especially since they both end in a soft ‘e’ sound, that gives them a subtle link without making them matchy matchy. Personally I find [name]Tess[/name] a bit dated and not really the same style as [name]Sloane[/name] as I see it more of a nickname name that doesn’t sound substantial enough.

This is an awesome thread…we are trying to come up with girl names and we are trying to decide between [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] for our second child (daughter is [name]Quinn[/name]). So my vote is obviously for [name]Tess[/name] – I think both [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] are great together. I like [name]Tess[/name] over [name]Teresa[/name] because it seems stronger and more modern. It has a feminine cuteness to it without being overly flowery. By the way, how did people react to your picking the name [name]Sloane[/name]? We are still on the fence about [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Sloane[/name] but seem to be leaning toward [name]Sloane[/name]. I just don’t know if I’m going to have to spell it a billion times and if people be asking me what the heck I’m talking about when I say it. Good luck on making the decision!